Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Henry's

Trade Up Deal for Sony Alpha Full Frame Cameras - A7SII, A7RII, A7RIII, A9

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2018 8:51 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto

[Henry's] Trade Up Deal for Sony Alpha Full Frame Cameras - A7SII, A7RII, A7RIII, A9

Update:

It's Live!

Trade in any working digital interchangeable-lens camera (DSLR or mirrorless) or lens and get up to a $500 trade-in BONUS when applying the value of your trade-in toward the purchase of select Sony Alpha Full-frame cameras. Valid from February 9th - March 31st, 2018.

Screenshot_20180209-085433.png
Screenshot_20180209-090314.png

Henry's Sony Alpha Trade Deal

Vistek's Sony Alpha Trade Deal

Downtown Camera Sony Alpha Trade Deal
Last edited by rebel_rfd on Feb 7th, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
I wonder if they'll accept a Sony RX10 as a trade in. I know it's not an SLR but it's not a cheap point and shoot
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Tried the Trade In quote estimate on B&H and they will only take Sony DSLR, Mirrors Body & Lens as trade in for this promo it seems.

I would just sell the RX10 on kijiji.
Hawk25 wrote: I wonder if they'll accept a Sony RX10 as a trade in. I know it's not an SLR but it's not a cheap point and shoot
Just on FF models per B&H in USA.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotio ... de-in.html
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Only full frame?
How about SLT?
Last edited by hdom on Feb 7th, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Aug 8, 2006
486 posts
156 upvotes
considering the price of this camera ... warm deal? :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
They are like Apple products where deals are far and between and you can apply the trade in on top of the sales amount so is a hot for people really want one.
phez wrote: considering the price of this camera ... warm deal? :rolleyes:
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
phez wrote: considering the price of this camera ... warm deal? :rolleyes:
Sony controls their pricing on cameras between retailers, plus with this trade bonus it drops the A7R3 down to current A7R2 pricing, seem hot.

A7R3 came out just 3 months ago and stock is still hard to find without being put on a list or buying in the US.
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
I find these trade-in programs useless compare to BF/BD as they drops the price by 400$ for the A7 series.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
AforApple wrote: I find these trade-in programs useless compare to BF/BD as they drops the price by 400$ for the A7 series.
Well considering Sony tends to refresh their bodies every 28 or so months, and its only been 4 months since the launch of the A7R3 which is still not readily available in stores, this is a pretty good deal.

The trade bonus you get regardless of whatever you trade in, so a $0 POS camera body from Kijiji or your closet gets you $300 off.

I rather get one now and have the latest full frame from Sony to use during the spring/summer/vacations than wait till end of November/December to save another $100 on a one year old body.
Nov 3, 2007
81 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Will they be discounting lenses like in the US as well?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Rory1 wrote: Will they be discounting lenses like in the US as well?
I assume so since they have a few deals on now based on body + lens combinations.

I'll update the thread as I find out more.

I decided to pre-order the A7R3 at Henrys and Vistek in the mean time so a copy is set aside for me during the promo.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
geebra wrote: It sounds too good to be true, I think there will be key words suck as up to $300 off.

Edit, added past promo
https://www.mcbaincamera.com/sony-trade-in.php

Will be cold if it's like their past promos
The US promo is up to $500 off, but thats only $500 for the A9 and $300 for the A7R3.

I'm basing this on the thread from last year, where it was $480 + trade in value for the A7R2, but the A7R2 was already a year and a few months in at that point.

Promo from 2017

When I called Vistek, they said it was a fixed $300 on the A7R3.
Apr 15, 2011
468 posts
120 upvotes
That's the thing I would not trade a A7R ii or a9 for $300 or $500. That's crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
I think you're confused or I'm not being clear.

You trade in a camera and get $300 OFF the list price of the A7RIII or $500 OFF the price of the A9.

Your trade camera, based on how old or recent it is, can be worth between $0 to whatever amount Henrys/Vistek/Other Retailer will offer.

No one would trade in a A7R2 for $300....
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1078 posts
786 upvotes
This is actually a good deal; Ill probably bite in March
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Deal is live!

Updated first post.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
Anyone knows how the EVF works in conjunction with the back LCD with Sony A7 series? I hear you can set a custom button and use it to switch, but does it do it with a click or it just bring up the menu?
On my Fujis, I can set EVF only with sensor detection but when I click on the playback button, if my eye isn't near the sensor, it'll display on the LCD. It's working great & feels like any DLSR. But on my A6000, there's no such thing and it really is annoying when you don't want to use the LCD except for reviewing your pictures.
Apr 15, 2011
468 posts
120 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: I think you're confused or I'm not being clear.

You trade in a camera and get $300 OFF the list price of the A7RIII or $500 OFF the price of the A9.

Your trade camera, based on how old or recent it is, can be worth between $0 to whatever amount Henrys/Vistek/Other Retailer will offer.

No one would trade in a A7R2 for $300....
I gotcha now.....................I actually just purchased a A7R iii from Henry's. Going to see if I can get in on this but I don't have anything that relatively cheap to trade haha.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote: Anyone knows how the EVF works in conjunction with the back LCD with Sony A7 series? I hear you can set a custom button and use it to switch, but does it do it with a click or it just bring up the menu?
On my Fujis, I can set EVF only with sensor detection but when I click on the playback button, if my eye isn't near the sensor, it'll display on the LCD. It's working great & feels like any DLSR. But on my A6000, there's no such thing and it really is annoying when you don't want to use the LCD except for reviewing your pictures.
They've tweaked it a lot on the A7R3.

Which model are you looking at?

The manuals might be easier to take a peak at then ask on the forum lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)