• Jul 30th, 2020 4:23 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16512 posts
5025 upvotes
Toronto

Here’s how much money the world’s top car influencers make

This is an interesting article I came across and wanted to share it with the RFD community:

https://driving.ca/auto-news/entertainm ... ncers-make
22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15502 posts
10121 upvotes
Toronto
Very interesting article. I guess when you have a 'ditzi' girl with large assets running car videos in your tight whites, it's really easy for gearheads to click the likes and links.

Moral for this story. Be a woman and do car videos is better than marrying rich.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Oct 23, 2013
280 posts
335 upvotes
Calgary
I don't know half of them, must be living under a rock..
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16512 posts
5025 upvotes
Toronto
Goose12345 wrote: YT earnings "formula" is anything but linear.. but scotty is doing very well for sure! https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/scottykilmer
Rev up your engines (and Scotty's bank account!)

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4817 posts
7847 upvotes
Canada
Doesn't mention any of the youtube reviewers I actually watch - seems off as they are certainly bigger than the people at the bottom of the list.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote: Rev up your engines (and Scotty's bank account!)

thats a lot of 94 celicas and beige ES300 he can buy!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56041 posts
20978 upvotes
Still better than throwing away money on Superbowl ads. :)
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1919 posts
1153 upvotes
koffey wrote: Moral for this story. Be a woman and do car videos is better than marrying rich.
I would hate to be your Daughter, Wife, or any woman in your life.

Why is the alternative to being a successful influencer, "marrying rich?".

Wake up - it's 2020.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4155 posts
1543 upvotes
BC
bizzyseller wrote: I would hate to be your Daughter, Wife, or any woman in your life.

Wake up - it's 2020.
Because he is a sexist and therefore he doesn't have any woman in his life
Jul 24, 2010
446 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
bizzyseller wrote: Why is the alternative to being a successful influencer, "marrying rich?".
Because both are easy to do if you're female, born with the right natural assets, and require no actual talent.

His comment doesn't preclude women who work hard and are talented at something that takes brain power or dedication.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15502 posts
10121 upvotes
Toronto
bizzyseller wrote: I would hate to be your Daughter, Wife, or any woman in your life.

Wake up - it's 2020.
Hate is a strong word. Actually, I'm a great husband. You know other successful influencers? Alcohol. If you need to be influenced by someone posting an opinion, their option on the internet, you need help. Please explain to me why people need to watch a video of a person flaunting around talking about crap that the average joe will never own. Unless you think all them clicks belong to the upmost riches. I assume you actually read the list instead of just blindly hating on me. 7 months into 2020, the world still has a long way to go before we can successfully admit the human race isn't going to be extinct in another 1000 years. There's bigger things to worry about than this garbage or your opinion. If you don't think that some women don't have these advantages, you're long lost.

Wake up.
beaverdonut wrote: Because both are easy to do if you're female, born with the right natural assets, and require no actual talent.

His comment doesn't preclude women who work hard and are talented at something that takes brain power or dedication.
You are 100% spot on while some people are still wondering, don't have talent or brain power to work hard. They be influenced.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1769 upvotes
Never heard of any of them (other than Leno). All their content looks like clickbait anyways.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1067 posts
1182 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote: Never heard of any of them (other than Leno). All their content looks like clickbait anyways.
Pretty much, most of them exclusively create content for exotics or supercars, which gets the clicks. Though pleasantly surprised to see ChrisFix at #6, only one on the list doing DIY content.

Curious about other popular youtubers that focus on more "normal car" content or new model reviewers, like Straight Pipes, Alex on Autos or Redline?
Jan 13, 2007
603 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Good on ChrisFix for coming in at 6th place!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1997 posts
868 upvotes
Elgin, ON
I have a hard time believing this list is very accurate, or meaningful in real life. Any actual income directly from YouTube or Instagram is only a tiny part of many influencer's income streams. It's hard for any list to track all the income streams, to create a meaningful total.

I'm going a little ways down the list, but look at the following:

19 Cleetus Mcfarland: $141,897.67
20 streetspeed717: $118,068.26

Cleetus owns a race track, has a fleet of Crown Vics, some very fast cars, ATVs, and even a hovercraft. He always has a team of people helping him out putting on events. He hosts crazy events, and has even had some pay-per-views recently.

Mike mostly drives around, and sells a lot of t-shirts. Don't get me wrong, he's a good presenter, and I like his content, but the two channels could not be more different. It's hard to believe their social media incomes are as close as stated.
May 12, 2019
438 posts
552 upvotes
TL;DR - Youtubers who produce the worst content make the most $

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)