Food & Drink

Heritage The Rock - regular vs. diamond vs. zero?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 6:54 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
473 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto

Heritage The Rock - regular vs. diamond vs. zero?

Anyone know what's the difference between these 3 sets of pots and pans from Heritage?
Diamond one seems to be the best due to being thicker? This one's in-store for $299, is it $200 better than the regular? What about the "zero" one at $199?

Also, is "Starfrit" the same thing as "Heritage"? Saw this Diamond set at Walmart...https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/starfrit-t ... 0199468375, is this the same item at $100 less?
4 replies
Jan 21, 2017
7 posts
7 upvotes
'Heritage' is made by Starfrit for Canadian Tire.

I believe the only difference between Heritage 'Diamond' and 'Zero' are colour only. Both these sets are slightly more "heavy duty" than the regular lines, and can take a higher heat, ie: oven temps. The coatings might be thicker, but I am not 100% sure.

The 'Walmart Diamond' line is a lower quality and not the same as the heritage line.

Speaking from experience: The coatings will wear off in time no matter what. Don't use hard abrasives/metal pads to clean. While they claim to be dishwasher safe, don't. Hopefully they will last longer. Get them on sale only.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5280 posts
3966 upvotes
Are wooden spatulas ok with non-stick surfaces?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1492 posts
1021 upvotes
Ripley
In my experience, the Walmart Starfrit Rock did not last as long as the Canadian Tire Heritage Rock.

Don't pay full price at Canadian Tire. They have sales all the time. Up to 75% off.