Expired Hot Deals

[Herman Miller] 15% off and free shipping Aug 29 - Sept 3 [Design Within Reach / Herman Miller]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 6:41 pm
[OP]
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto

15% off and free shipping Aug 29 - Sept 3 [Design Within Reach / Herman Miller]

Savings:
15% off
Expiry:
September 3, 2019
Retailer:
Herman Miller
update: Back to Work Sale

"Save 15% and get free shipping on our line-up of world-class office furniture through Sept 3."

https://www.hermanmiller.com/

NOTE: if you're in Canada, some guy posted below that you can get cheaper chairs at business interiors (10xx CAD vs 12xx USD that I paid). Worth calling them at least to find out. I found their site (https://www.businessinteriors.ca/produc ... body-chair) but it's all "call us to purchase" and stuff.

==========

Just went in to a store to buy a Herman Miller Embody chair. The sales woman told me the sale starts tomorrow. She entered some kind of pre-sale code and the discount popped up. My card should be charged tomorrow.

She said that the store Design Within Reach is owned by Herman Miller so the sale should be all of Herman Miller. I'll update this tomorrow when it happens.

15% off and free shipping.

Sorry for the terrible picture, I converted it from a PDF with fonts missing so thats why its all misaligned. The address of the actual physical store I went to is in the picture.

edit: ah shit I totally forgot I'm in the states. Hope this still applies to canada
Images
  • dwr-pdf.png
Last edited by rabbitz on Aug 29th, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Jun 12, 2017
47 posts
93 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for the post op! Quality office chairs are something I will always buy second hand though. Found a couple Herman millers and steelcase for the gf and I on Kijiji from an office surplus a couple years back, they're still looking brand new and comfy as day 1. Best part is they were $50 each!
[OP]
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
andy11507 wrote: Thanks for the post op! Quality office chairs are something I will always buy second hand though. Found a couple Herman millers and steelcase for the gf and I on Kijiji from an office surplus a couple years back, they're still looking brand new and comfy as day 1. Best part is they were $50 each!
Oh ya definitely. I got a beautiful embody off kijiji years ago and its still going strong (the arm rests are falling apart though.... I duct taped it back together LOL).

The only reason I'm buying new is because I get a relocation bonus for moving to the states and they need receipts. They're not going to reimburse a craigslist chair!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9625 posts
6342 upvotes
Toronto
andy11507 wrote: Thanks for the post op! Quality office chairs are something I will always buy second hand though. Found a couple Herman millers and steelcase for the gf and I on Kijiji from an office surplus a couple years back, they're still looking brand new and comfy as day 1. Best part is they were $50 each!
Nice find, $50 is like a one in a million deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1203 posts
691 upvotes
Thumbs up for herman Miller... Too bad 15% off the chairs for me is still too much for my wallet to handle atm.
Jun 12, 2017
47 posts
93 upvotes
Edmonton
Angultra wrote: Nice find, $50 is like a one in a million deal.
It wasn't top of line models like aerons or anything though, I believe the HM is an old model mirra. But the ergonomics and quality are still there so it was definitely worth it. I feel like sub-100 isn't too hard to find if you are patient.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1923 posts
1121 upvotes
Burnaby
Got an embody at my home (sitting on it as I type this)...easily the best purchase I've ever made when it comes to chairs even if it cost more than all of my previous purchases combined (and then some)

Got it for just under 1k CAD post taxes too...still super expensive but given that these easily go for 1.5k (if not more), it was a decent deal that I just couldn't resist
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5407 posts
3850 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I'm looking for an Aeron or Embody too. What are usually the sale prices nowadays?
Jul 2, 2014
478 posts
161 upvotes
Maple, ON
If you don't mind buying 100+ of these chairs, you can find em on Alibaba for about 50-100 bucks a piece LOL. Other than that, any discounts on these chairs are great since they rarely go on sale. Amazing chairs too IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2902 posts
5814 upvotes
Business interiors quoted me $1071 CAD for an embody with rhythm fabric and $95 for delivery at the beginning of this year. So prices are similar unless OP actually paid in USD.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1977 posts
744 upvotes
Scarborough
kimwoobingsu wrote: Business interiors quoted me $1071 CAD for an embody with rhythm fabric and $95 for delivery at the beginning of this year. So prices are similar unless OP actually paid in USD.
I also picked up an Embody from business interiors for about the same price...if not slightly cheaper. Picked it up myself so no shipping fees =).

I checked Design Within Reach's website and they have the 15% off promo now and even with the promo price it seems it's still $14xx.00.

https://www.dwr.com/workspace-chairs/em ... lang=en_CA
Jul 23, 2003
513 posts
31 upvotes
Chatham
Business interiors is where I got my Herman Miller chairs. Had Embody for a while, now I'm on new Aeron. They are hundreds of dollars cheaper than DWR even with "sales". Granted I'm like 2 minute drive from them in Mississauga and DWR is in downtown Toronto. They know they can charge premium. Also gotta pay for sales/office space.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1069 posts
790 upvotes
Comical wrote: If you don't mind buying 100+ of these chairs, you can find em on Alibaba for about 50-100 bucks a piece LOL. Other than that, any discounts on these chairs are great since they rarely go on sale. Amazing chairs too IMO.
Fake ones, sure. Herman Miller produces their chairs in the USA.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: Business interiors quoted me $1071 CAD for an embody with rhythm fabric and $95 for delivery at the beginning of this year. So prices are similar unless OP actually paid in USD.

yes USD... I'm actually in the states right now but I forgot and posted here since rfd is my home <3

I edited the original post to mention businessinteriors.
Jun 14, 2006
700 posts
66 upvotes
GTA
They had one similar to this around Nov/ Dec 2018 as well.
I recall looking at the prices and Business Interiors still turned out to be cheaper and we managed to get a group buy discount of 5% on top.
So yeah, just throwing it out there, if you guys get a group buy going for GTA, you can definitely get it cheaper.

Thread from last time:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/herman-m ... #p30689390
May 22, 2014
414 posts
281 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: Got an embody at my home (sitting on it as I type this)...easily the best purchase I've ever made when it comes to chairs even if it cost more than all of my previous purchases combined (and then some)

Got it for just under 1k CAD post taxes too...still super expensive but given that these easily go for 1.5k (if not more), it was a decent deal that I just couldn't resist
where and how did you get this price?? i'm being quoted 1200+taxes
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1923 posts
1121 upvotes
Burnaby
davidqbp wrote: where and how did you get this price?? i'm being quoted 1200+taxes
Got it last year on Black Friday. Some official Herman Miller reseller from Victoria (forgot their name) quoted me that price after a lot of stacked discounts