[OP]
Mar 29, 2019
35 posts
51 upvotes

Herman Miller 15% Off Gaming

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Herman Miller
"Celebrate the first anniversary of Herman Miller Gaming with code THANKYOU15 at checkout for 15% off + free shipping."

Been eyeing the gaming Sayl chair because I wanted the red colour scheme, and I jumped on it with this sale. Though some of you may find this useful.

Gaming only. Like when they did the home office only sale.
89 replies
Dec 13, 2020
480 posts
908 upvotes
Markham, ON
These are just way too overpriced to begin with..
Jan 2, 2017
414 posts
586 upvotes
pkamto wrote: These are just way too overpriced to begin with..
They're expensive because the build quality is worth it. Other chairs will start to deteriorate after a few years whereas Herman Miller chairs last 15+. My Aeron is about 15 years old and today it feels the same as when I got it 5 years ago.
Aug 17, 2012
62 posts
152 upvotes
These chairs (particularly the flagship Aeron and Embody models) are a lot things - overpriced isn't one of them. We've all bought the $99 desk chairs from Staples and Ikea before and the difference in build quality, comfort, and ergonomic support isn't even close to being in the same league with Herman Miller's products.

Also, because Herman Miller chairs are incredibly popular and common in offices, the used market is pretty saturated with previous models - I've seen some go for significantly less than half the original price.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1592 posts
1097 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Before anyone say Group Buy is cheaper... I haven't seen any Group Buys yet for the Herman Miller gaming chairs.

First time I have seen the Logitech Embody chair on sale.... very tempted
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50395 posts
6489 upvotes
Toronto
For ON residents, price match might be possible or 25% off retail for gaming editions, will try to confirm.. otherwise non gaming (regular) still available at 45%ish off.

Edit: No beat or price match possible but the latter is available.
Last edited by Jimboski on Aug 7th, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 15, 2019
127 posts
296 upvotes
Wrong.

Got my embody, used, 5 years ago and it is literally the same. Whenever I give it a good clean, it looks brand new. Every mechanism is still the same, it is just as comfortable as ever. I'm probably going to keep this chair for another 10 years and if, big if, it shows signs of wear and tear, I will buy a new one. Because this is worth every dollar I spend on it.
Feb 18, 2015
372 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimboski wrote: For ON residents, price match might be possible or 25% off retail for gaming editions, will try to confirm.. otherwise non gaming (regular) still available at 45%ish off.
I'd buy one today if I can get 45% off on the regular embody. Is that on their website?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17784 posts
10315 upvotes
Ottawa
pythonbullocks wrote: Wrong.

Got my embody, used, 5 years ago and it is literally the same. Whenever I give it a good clean, it looks brand new. Every mechanism is still the same, it is just as comfortable as ever. I'm probably going to keep this chair for another 10 years and if, big if, it shows signs of wear and tear, I will buy a new one. Because this is worth every dollar I spend on it.
As an owner of a 15 year old Embody, I would say keeping your embody for another 10 years is easily attainable. The only thing that shows signs of wear is the arm rests, because they rub against my desk keyboard tray. Mine feels as good as new.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50395 posts
6489 upvotes
Toronto
Marcos1310 wrote: I'd buy one today if I can get 45% off on the regular embody. Is that on their website?
I will DM you or DM me.

Edit: Please include your location when DM'ing me, make my life easier please lol.
Last edited by Jimboski on Aug 7th, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 14, 2007
267 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
I did some cursory research. The gaming edition is priced significantly higher and 15% off only brought it back to be more in line with base price. The discount is more or less like you get premium colours for free. I do not think this is that much of a deal.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50395 posts
6489 upvotes
Toronto
conurus wrote: I did some cursory research. The gaming edition is priced significantly higher and 15% off only brought it back to be more in line with base price. The discount is more or less like you get premium colours for free. I do not think this is that much of a deal.
To each their own but personally the gaming line is just the base chairs with some gaming logos slapped onto it, there's no night and day difference between the office/regular line and the gaming line in terms of ergonomics but there is a big premium in price differential..
Last edited by Jimboski on Aug 7th, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2069 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: I will DM you.
Hey would appreciate a DM if possible. Thanks!
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1295 posts
1728 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
That blue embody is sexy af. But I can't spend that much on a new chair when my Leap v2 is still in good enough shape (got it for $300 used in mint condition).
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1592 posts
1097 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
From reddit regarding the gaming line vs regular:
There are small difference, that make a big difference in the comfort. I currently as I write this have two versions in my possession. The standard, with the Sync fabric, and the Logitec X version.

The Logitech chair is far more comfortable overall for these reasons:

the fabric has built in padding, and is also much softer than the two fabric options available on the standard model

the seat has a layer of high quality foam on the seat pan, which upgrades the seat comfort over long periods of time

the back has additional foam installed, between the already softer fabric on the X, and the plastic flexible back component. Nice!

Overall the seat gives you much less pressure under your legs, and does in fact promote a slightly more forward / upright posture. This isn't good for "gaming" - it's good for the comfort of the chair. Period.

The original is flawed, the padding and softer material fixes it. The original chair can start to cut circulation off to your thighs and lower legs especially when leaning back because of the way the chair rocks and reclines. The original has a much more harsh, plastic feel in the seat and back. Combined with the foam, this chair is ACTUALLY comfortable, and very supportive all in one.

Some will try to tell you the Logitec version is "all hype"; as a local retailer tried to convince me. I would bet most of that is because local retailers at this point aren't allowed to sell the upgraded Logitech X version, so they don't want to advertise this as being that much better or they risk 1) admitting the existing chair is flawed to a degree and 2) cutting some of those regular office sales who wouldn't buy a "gaming branded" chair for the office. The smart thing about this chair, is that the X and G branding is so subtle, it works perfectly well as an office chair visually. It's not outlandish, it's very tastefully done.