• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2021 7:12 pm
429 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1977 posts
744 upvotes
Scarborough
lol $1000+ for a chair...what kind of idiot could justify buying this when you could get something similar from Staples for $150.

Just kidding I have an Embody and a few Steelcase Leaps in my house and they're totally worth even at full price.

Buy once, cry once, and begone with back-pain.
Feb 18, 2015
295 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jono454 wrote: lol $1000+ for a chair...what kind of idiot could justify buying this when you could get something similar from Staples for $150.

Just kidding I have an Embody and a few Steelcase Leaps in my house and they're totally worth even at full price.

Buy once, cry once, and begone with back-pain.
Oct 23, 2005
153 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
That's what I've found in my research.. so many people recommending HM despite the price tag.. don't forget the 12 year warranty! Have received my Mirra2 chair direct from HM two days ago.. have contacted them asking to refund me the difference of the 15% off sale price.. am awaiting to hear back!
Nov 22, 2017
104 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah My dream! Aeron Chair, never able to pull the trigger
was able to convince my wife that 1500 for an office chair is a great investment, but my wallet said no
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1977 posts
744 upvotes
Scarborough
crackerjack wrote: That's what I've found in my research.. so many people recommending HM despite the price tag.. don't forget the 12 year warranty! Have received my Mirra2 chair direct from HM two days ago.. have contacted them asking to refund me the difference of the 15% off sale price.. am awaiting to hear back!
Yah man...when i bought my Embody the lady who sold it to me literally told me if i toss it around and it breaks, they'll replace it as long as it's within the 12 year warranty.

If chair girl was smart she should have tossed an Embody instead....she might not avoid jail time but at least the HM 12 year warranty would have gotten her a new Embody.
Jul 22, 2004
527 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone know of any good deals on the eames lounge chair/ottoman. Kinda itching to get one...
Jun 11, 2019
29 posts
17 upvotes
People should consider getting one used. I got mine in nearly perfect condition for less than half the retail price.
Jun 3, 2004
855 posts
614 upvotes
crackerjack wrote: .. don't forget the 12 year warranty!
Except the buttons to raise / lower the arms on mine broke around 6 years in (I move them up and down multiple times a day) and they want the chair dropped off for a month to fix it.

Kind of difficult to go a month without it working from home so much nowadays. The warranty will probably expire by the time the pandemic is over. My fault for not getting it fixed for years but it seemed less important until we had to use em for 12+ hours a day 5+ days a week...

Pretty pissed with the warranty process for a $1500+ chair....
Jul 22, 2004
527 posts
2 upvotes
DaLurker wrote: It goes one sale twice a year, 15% off I believe. Similar to this sale but all Herman Miller furniture including Eames lounge chair.

hermanmiller-com-herman-miller-15-off-a ... s-2372297/

Missed it! Hopefully it returns soon 25% is really good (I think). Anyone have any luck negotiating with a reseller locally in the GTA.

Also any tips on convincing the wife....
Dec 19, 2006
468 posts
420 upvotes
Burnaby
I absolutely detest my Aeron chair. It sends shooting pains down through my legs if I sit on it for too long.

Everyone is built differently. Never, ever buy a chair online without sitting in it first.
Dec 18, 2010
597 posts
498 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve had my eye on the Sayl chair for a while. Can anyone provide any positive feedback about the Sayl? I’m in my home office around 5-6 hours a day. Currently using a Staples Hyken.
Oct 27, 2017
962 posts
822 upvotes
Thello wrote: I absolutely detest my Aeron chair. It sends shooting pains down through my legs if I sit on it for too long.

Everyone is built differently. Never, ever buy a chair online without sitting in it first.
For others, Aeron’s come in different sizes. Make sure you get the right size or you’ll get that pinching feel.
Sep 23, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I am selling my remastered fully loaded less than 1 month old Aeron located in GTA if anyone is interested.
Last edited by csy000 on Jul 18th, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2007
931 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Do they sell individual parts? I'm looking for adjustable arm rests for a Sayl I picked up earlier this year.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15494 posts
6957 upvotes
Ottawa
has anybody ever looked at their entry level chair called Lino. I'm looking for a chair for a secondary computer that isn't to bulky and this one seems to fit the bill.

It's $500+ ish after discount for a basic configuration
Images
  • it_prd_ovw_lino_chairs_02.jpg.rendition.480.480.jpg
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 18th, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2120 posts
1922 upvotes
Toronto
vacitah wrote:
Missed it! Hopefully it returns soon 25% is really good (I think). Anyone have any luck negotiating with a reseller locally in the GTA.

Also any tips on convincing the wife....
Have a look on BST/Group Buy, there's one with ~40% off
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15494 posts
6957 upvotes
Ottawa
jono454 wrote: lol $1000+ for a chair...what kind of idiot could justify buying this when you could get something similar from Staples for $150.
Love my Embody, but I have to be a bit jealous when my friend bought a Humanscale Freedom with Headrest. After trying one and seeing how it reclines, I really miss having a headrest especially when I'm in those long meetings and want to recline
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Oct 4, 2019
41 posts
62 upvotes
AbdullahI93996 wrote: People should consider getting one used. I got mine in nearly perfect condition for less than half the retail price.
Is the warranty transferable?