Expired Hot Deals

Hertz Rent A car

HERTZ Car Rental Discount Code & Coupons(50% OFF/Free #1 Gold/$40 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2022 7:06 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
Yes, I have certificates for sale. I purchased them a while ago when they had a prepaid sale but I don't need them any more. I find using the discount code and coupon I could get just as cheap these days.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3487 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, my family of six is planning a trip to the United States at the end of February. We're probably going to need a minivan or a SUV which ever is cheaper. Can someone help me find the cheapest place to rent a minivan or SUV or a weekend with a coupon.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1060 posts
216 upvotes
Matryx wrote: Hey, my family of six is planning a trip to the United States at the end of February. We're probably going to need a minivan or a SUV which ever is cheaper. Can someone help me find the cheapest place to rent a minivan or SUV or a weekend with a coupon.
there's a 50% off hertz deal on right now at airport/ off-airport locations...but is only good up to a full size sedan. I would suggest booking this and when at the counter request if you could be upgraded to a minivan.

I found though that there's also an Alamo deal that gives you 15% off. Just booked via an airport location for $165 tax in for the weekend. PM me if you need further details.

Thanks
Dec 29, 2007
25 posts
6 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Thanks Acrossenger for the #1 Club Gold code!

Just had a bit of a question about it though: The letter accompanying the card in the mail states that on your first rental with the card that you'll be asked to provide your driver's license and the credit card from your profile, "and some additional checks will be performed." Anybody know what these checks are? Anybody have any problems using the card for the first time?

As an aside, I just booked with Hertz using the code from the Air Canada website - 50% off plus 250 bonus Aeroplan miles (I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread) for Calgary next month - $57.97 for a mid-size, 3 day weekend rental, including taxes!
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
[quote="fruitypunk" post_id="6290220" time="1200873883" user_id="135829"]Thanks Acrossenger for the #1 Club Gold code!

Just had a bit of a question about it though: The letter accompanying the card in the mail states that on your first rental with the card that you'll be asked to provide your driver's license and the credit card from your profile, "and some additional checks will be performed." Anybody know what these checks are? Anybody have any problems using the card for the first time?
[QUOTE]

No worry. Many of my friend applied for Gold status as well. They just want to make sure you entered the right driver's license and credit card number. Nothing else.
Jan 30, 2004
317 posts
2 upvotes
Personally I dont really see a deal here, the prices im seeing are $200 - $400 more than what my travel agent quoted me.
Sep 4, 2006
28 posts
humansoul wrote: there's a 50% off hertz deal on right now at airport/ off-airport locations...but is only good up to a full size sedan. I would suggest booking this and when at the counter request if you could be upgraded to a minivan.

I found though that there's also an Alamo deal that gives you 15% off. Just booked via an airport location for $165 tax in for the weekend. PM me if you need further details.

Thanks
Here is a link that I received in an e-mail from United:
http://www.hertzft.com/landing_50off_weekend.html
Not sure if this is airport only. Try!
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
LeonPhelps wrote: Personally I dont really see a deal here, the prices im seeing are $200 - $400 more than what my travel agent quoted me.
Travel agent usually doesn't get cheap car rental. They make about 10% commisssion on what they book for you.

For those of you are renting, PM me when and where you are renting, I have some coupons.
Sep 23, 2004
602 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
When trying to use codes, some will only work at certain locations.

Example i am having troubles using codes at the Ottawa Airport(yow) and according to hertz it is because they are a franchise and the franchise only allows corporate codes.I even have tried using codes off their own website that are not usable at that location,after plugging in many codes their best price is still cheaper then using any codes.
Feb 27, 2006
29 posts
Hi,

I'm flying to Salt Lake City, Utah next week and I need an SUV to get me around. I've been trying to get a sense of all the posts. Here's what I've found:

I used the 1757580 CDP code and found for 4days from a Hertz location near my hotel it came out to $254 for a RAV4. Renting from the airport means that I have to pay for an extra day plus the 9.25% airport fee. Which would come to over $400. I figure getting a cab to get us from the airport to the hotel and then renting the next day near the hotel will be cheaper. Any thoughts on this?

I tried some of the other PC codes, but they all seem to make it worst. Is there a way that I can get a better deal then this through Hertz (or even another rental company)? Will this Gold membership save me money? Read a post that recommended renting a full-size to take advantage of the 50% off and then upgrading to a SUV, but is there a risk that they may not have any SUVs?

Thanks for your help,
Twigz
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
twigz wrote: Hi,

I'm flying to Salt Lake City, Utah next week and I need an SUV to get me around. I've been trying to get a sense of all the posts. Here's what I've found:

I used the 1757580 CDP code and found for 4days from a Hertz location near my hotel it came out to $254 for a RAV4. Renting from the airport means that I have to pay for an extra day plus the 9.25% airport fee. Which would come to over $400. I figure getting a cab to get us from the airport to the hotel and then renting the next day near the hotel will be cheaper. Any thoughts on this?

I tried some of the other PC codes, but they all seem to make it worst. Is there a way that I can get a better deal then this through Hertz (or even another rental company)? Will this Gold membership save me money? Read a post that recommended renting a full-size to take advantage of the 50% off and then upgrading to a SUV, but is there a risk that they may not have any SUVs?

Thanks for your help,
Twigz
I dont have another PC code, but the gold membership is more to avoid the lines while picking up the vehicle. I would suggest booking the existing rate first as a backup (because sometimes they increase further). and yes, you cannot count on a SUV being available unless you booked it specifically.

If your travel plans are fixed, you could go to priceline.com and bid less than $30/day for the airport location. sometimes they have really low rates.
Feb 27, 2006
29 posts
So I started the bidding process on priceline.. never done it before. It said that at $30/day, there's a small chance that a company will accept the bid. A big of $53/day will hold a good chance. If I were to place the bid for $30, and someone accepts, is there a chance I may not have certain important features like unlimited mileage? On the flip side, if no one picks up that bid can I just cancel it, or do I need to bid again?

Found a deal through enterprise for a trailblazer (one class higher than the rav4) for 4-days for $234.71... bit better than Hertz. Do you think Hertz would beat this price?

Thanks again.

Twigz
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
twigz wrote: So I started the bidding process on priceline.. never done it before. It said that at $30/day, there's a small chance that a company will accept the bid. A big of $53/day will hold a good chance. If I were to place the bid for $30, and someone accepts, is there a chance I may not have certain important features like unlimited mileage? On the flip side, if no one picks up that bid can I just cancel it, or do I need to bid again?

Found a deal through enterprise for a trailblazer (one class higher than the rav4) for 4-days for $234.71... bit better than Hertz. Do you think Hertz would beat this price?

Thanks again.

Twigz
unlikely that hertz matches anyone's price, but you could call and try. wonder what your dates are. anyway, priceline wins are always major rental companies, so you will always get unlimited mileage. make your best offer, it will either be accepted or rejected immediately. if accepted, you cannot make any change. if rejected, you have the option of making a fresh offer or just let it go. priceline always tries to make you bid higher (for obvious reasons). I would suggest $27/day first. if rejected, try $30/day. after this your total price probably crosses $210 with tax, so you might as well go along with enteprise/hertz.
Jan 30, 2004
317 posts
2 upvotes
I just tried code 282 (CAA Code) I dont have a CAA card though. Will they ask for it when I pick up ???
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
LeonPhelps wrote: I just tried code 282 (CAA Code) I dont have a CAA card though. Will they ask for it when I pick up ???
They might. Better have a backup or use the code posted on the first page.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3131 posts
966 upvotes
Vancouver
twigz,

Did you try booking with pickup by your hotel and returning at the airport? Is the price the same? Usually, the airport concession fee only applies when you pick it up from the airport. This saves you the cab fare plus you can leave your luggage in the car for the rest of the day.
Nov 29, 2007
35 posts
Does anyone know any good deal going on with 1-way rental from Toronto to Buffalo? I need to take a 1-way ride on Thursday from Toronto to Buffalo to pick up a car. Thanks.
May 14, 2006
193 posts
19 upvotes
Are those codes on the first page still working? I tred many pc codes with CDP Discount Code: 1757580, but no luck. everytime I got is this, "Not all requirements for the Promotion Coupon - 104182 requested have been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon from your request to provide you with the best rate. If you would still like to take advantage of the Promotion Coupon, please refer to the offer details to meet all necessary requirements. [DRX141]". Anyone knows about it?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1060 posts
216 upvotes
ttian wrote: Are those codes on the first page still working? I tred many pc codes with CDP Discount Code: 1757580, but no luck. everytime I got is this, "Not all requirements for the Promotion Coupon - 104182 requested have been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon from your request to provide you with the best rate. If you would still like to take advantage of the Promotion Coupon, please refer to the offer details to meet all necessary requirements. [DRX141]". Anyone knows about it?
there could be several factors in regards to the message you are receiving. Ensure that you have met all requirements. If you are still unable to get it to work, call Hertz and provide them the code. They can find out quickly if there is something wrong with your reservations.
Sep 11, 2007
202 posts
42 upvotes
I would need some advice on a rental I want to do at the Orlando airport (MCO). The dates are Mar 17th to March 23rd, and I would like to rent a convertible (any type will do). The best I could find at this point was a Hertz rate at 346.50$ using the Marryott's discount code (10% off). Any suggestions to obtain a lower rate?

Thanks, Matt