Expired Hot Deals

Hertz Rent A car

HERTZ Car Rental Discount Code & Coupons(50% OFF/Free #1 Gold/$40 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2022 7:06 pm
Tags:
Dec 27, 2005
73 posts
Hi

Planning to go to Montreal this weekend. So I was planning to try hertz. The thing can you rent on an international drivers liscence . Also is there anyway we dont have to pay the under 25 surcharge.
Also whats ur opinion on the LDW . If we get that do we have to pay anything in case we scratch the car (cant figure out if there is a deductible amount).
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
r3bell wrote: Hi

Planning to go to Montreal this weekend. So I was planning to try hertz. The thing can you rent on an international drivers liscence . Also is there anyway we dont have to pay the under 25 surcharge.
Also whats ur opinion on the LDW . If we get that do we have to pay anything in case we scratch the car (cant figure out if there is a deductible amount).
Well, in this case why don't you use Avis with AWD C03XX29. That is always my first choice. Hertz is the second choice. They certainly will rent to someone with an International license. As far as insurance goes, it is a security net. With Avis code, you have LDW is included with $3000 deductible. While this will not cover you for minior scratch, it does cover you for totalling the car or major crash. Personally, I save the money and use the basic insurance that is included with Avis C03XX29 AWD. Search for that thread.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
Coupon updated. Don't forget to check out my Avis coupon thread as well.
May 5, 2007
165 posts
Toronto
I need to get unlimited KM's and get the best deal with an SUV or Van, What codes should I use? Should I use corporate or lowest rate option?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1060 posts
215 upvotes
kixx9o5 wrote: I need to get unlimited KM's and get the best deal with an SUV or Van, What codes should I use? Should I use corporate or lowest rate option?
If it's Hertz, they are unlimited kms for SUVs and Vans. This applies also with Avis and Alamo.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1199 posts
665 upvotes
GTA
humansoul wrote: If it's Hertz, they are unlimited kms for SUVs and Vans. This applies also with Avis and Alamo.
From Avis:

Your Base Rate is for : 4 day(s) 15 hour(s) / 1400 kilometers included 459.99 CAD

Car Information
Sport Utility Class
Ford Explorer or similar
Seats 5
Holds 4-5 medium suitcases
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2085 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
I was told at Hertz location I'm normally renting from (Yonge/Eglinton in TO) that starting with next weekend (that's July 28) downtown/midtown Hertz locations will be charging an extra $10 per rental "parking fee" - a surcharge to compenstate for their "more expensive" central parking costs... That would be added to the rate irrespective of when a rental was booked. Sounds strange since the rate is guaranteed once you've booked it, but the agent insisted. Anyone has any details?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1846 posts
168 upvotes
Don't know if this helps but Costco members get a discount from Budget Car Rental. Just call 1-800-268-8900 and give the Costco Budget Customer Discount Number (BCD No.) to get 5% to 25% discounts.

Regular Costco Member BCD NO. A017601
Executive Costco Member BCD No. A017600 (includes free Car Class Upgrade).

cheers,
:) :)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1173 posts
17 upvotes
This thread requires a bump now that Avis discounts are defunct.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
alysomji wrote: This thread requires a bump now that Avis discounts are defunct.
Good point. I updated coupon listed on the first post.

Just in case anyone doesn't know about Avis discount code:

WARNING: DO NOT use Avis C03___9 AWD discount code anymore. I got a
very reliable confirmation from an inside guy that this code is black
listed now. Effective immedately, all benfits associated with code are
removed(including free LDW insurance), anyone use this code will pay
maxiumum rack rate regardless of reservation or website showing rate as
well as company ID must be produced. A warning flag has been raised on
this AWD and most likely you will be questioned about where you got the
code. All in all, this code is nothing but trouble from now on.

I recommend people to use Hertz CDP discount. It's the best
discount and choice now.

Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1827 posts
2052 upvotes
Mississauga
Hottest deal going right now.

Use a CAA CDP, PC: 102793 for $20 off a weekend day (no minimum days) and Rate Code: LAST.

Can get a last minute rental from YYZ for about $5.00 for 1 day with unlimited km.
Sep 1, 2006
386 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Hertz is a rip off. Avis has way better deals. Just call them up and ask about the one free weekend deal (when you rent for the entire weekend) . I rented an midsized car (like a Pontiac G6) for Oct 5th to Oct 8th + $68.85 (Loss Damage Waive) = $227.36
Dec 16, 2006
489 posts
79 upvotes
dgr81 wrote: Hottest deal going right now.

Use a CAA CDP, PC: 102793 for $20 off a weekend day (no minimum days) and Rate Code: LAST.

Can get a last minute rental from YYZ for about $5.00 for 1 day with unlimited km.
I try but it Quote me 19.99 /weekend day for a mimidsize at YYZ :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7622 posts
1535 upvotes
Ottawa
do any of the hertz code waive the under 25 fee? also if you're 21, can you entirely use their insurance?
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
MrJuGgz wrote: Hertz is a rip off. Avis has way better deals. Just call them up and ask about the one free weekend deal (when you rent for the entire weekend) . I rented an midsized car (like a Pontiac G6) for Oct 5th to Oct 8th + $68.85 (Loss Damage Waive) = $227.36
Hertz is not a rip off. Hertz is the best rental company out there right now. Best service, car and policy. I have found with 1757580 CDP code, the cost is the same with Avis. So they don't have bad deal at all.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
Coupon updated. See first post for summary.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1389 posts
2 upvotes
dgr81 wrote: Hottest deal going right now.

wow. A very good deal. Thanks.
bonne chance
Oct 9, 2005
550 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Just received these codes in my inbox:

Save $30 off Weekly Rentals and $20 off minimum three-day Weekend Rentals of Compact through Full-Size car-class vehicles. Or save $40 on a Weekly Rental or $30 on a minimum three-day Weekend Rental of a Hertz Green or Prestige Collection vehicle. Offer valid for vehicle pickups through December 31, 2007, in the U.S. and Canada.
http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.aspx?offerid=752

Take advantage of this offer and enjoy two Free Days of NeverLost on a three-day minimum paid rental. This offer is valid on NeverLost-equipped vehicles at participating Hertz locations now through December 31, 2007.
http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.aspx?offerid=774

Now through December 31, 2007, you can save $15 on a minimum two day Weekend rental or $25 on a Weekly rental of a Compact through Full-Size vehicle at participating airport locations in the U.S. & Canada. This offer is available on Hertz Standard or Leisure Weekly or Weekend Rental Rates. No blackouts apply.
PC: 106175 to save $15 off a Weekend Rental
PC: 106223 to save $25 off a Weekly Rental

Rent any vehicle from our Prestige Collection while traveling in France, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom from now until February 29, 2008, and you can save $35. This offer is valid at participating Hertz locations, for vehicle rentals of five days or more.
http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.aspx?offerid=796

jtkv
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
811 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
If anyone want to have Fee-Waived Hertz #1 Gold Enrollment, PM me. This would save your some line up time and save $50 application fee.
May 15, 2004
297 posts
12 upvotes
Acrossenger wrote: If anyone want to have Fee-Waived Hertz #1 Gold Enrollment, PM me. This would save your some line up time and save $50 application fee.
thanks acrossenger for the link to the #1 gold membership.

i've used hertz 3 times with your codes and have been very satisfied with them.
thanks again!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)