Credit Cards

hi guys, when can Canadians apply for Apple credit cards?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 5:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 21, 2021
16 posts
13 upvotes

hi guys, when can Canadians apply for Apple credit cards?

hi guys,:Americans can apply for an Apple credit card two years ago,when can Canadians apply for Apple credit cards?
34 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1034 posts
2645 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Possibly never. Or Real soon Now™. Only Apple knows for sure, and they're not saying.
Mar 28, 2008
518 posts
479 upvotes
I don't think it will be soon, because Aug. 11th Apple just partnered with PayBright for the 0% APR payment plan for iPhone, iMac & iPad, part of the reason the Apple card is to provide installment plan and cashback to the customers, unless Apple really wants to push out the card in Canada, we still need to wait indefinitely for the Apple Card.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1383 posts
1415 upvotes
ON
Wtf…are we now going to have Apple credit card fanboys! Face With Tears Of Joy
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Addict
May 7, 2017
1126 posts
666 upvotes
Holystone wrote: Wtf…are we now going to have Apple credit card fanboys! Face With Tears Of Joy
In this house we are only Rogers Muse credit card fanboys.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15528 posts
14039 upvotes
Going to the Moon
OP, Apple MC is one of the easier US cards to be approved for, so build some US credit history, then go get the Apple card in the US. You'll then be able to use it at the Apple stores in the US, where Apple products are cheaper, anyway.

Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
*emojis removed for rule violations*
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13028 posts
8269 upvotes
Markham
Should we start speculation which bank they will be partner with in Canada? My guess is capital one
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4373 upvotes
BC
Americans have an Apple card, we have a Tangerine card.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1890 posts
312 upvotes
Montréal
smartie wrote: Should we start speculation which bank they will be partner with in Canada? My guess is capital one
My guess is Apple will issue the next Costco credit card
I feel the need... the need for speed.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7409 posts
4324 upvotes
ldjqx8 wrote: hi guys,:Americans can apply for an Apple credit card two years ago,when can Canadians apply for Apple credit cards?
Is any special about Apple cc or you just to have something from Apple so you can put in your IPhone?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15528 posts
14039 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Bomberman07 wrote: My guess is Apple will issue the next Costco credit card
That makes no sense. Both Apple and Costco are the retailer. Both use an underwriter to offer credit cards. Apple can't issue Costco credit cards (as Apple itself is not a bank) just like Best Western cannot issue Mitsubishi credit cards.

Now if Apple opens Apple Bank Canada and becomes a tier 1 financial institution, then sure, they could partner with Costco to underwrite their CC's. But (theoretically) so could Disney, or Nintendo, or Volkswagen, etc. :lol:
ml88888888 wrote: Is any special about Apple cc or you just to have something from Apple so you can put in your IPhone?
It's a 3/2/1 no-AF, no-FTF MC with a design that looks nice to Apple fans. It's "much better" than most no-AF cards in Canada, but is mediocre at best against better options in the US.

Just like Capital One, AmEx and many others, should Apple bring their CC game to Canada, they'll "Canadianize" the product and add the 2.5% FTF, reduce the 2%/Apple Pay to 1.25%, maybe even reduce the 3%/Apple products to 2%, and maybe even add accelerator caps. Because the closest Canada has to 3/2/1 cards is Manulife (yes AF AND FTF), or CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE (yes FTF and grocery accelerator cap, also earn in eCTM).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9270 posts
10499 upvotes
The Prairies
titaniumtux wrote: just like Best Western cannot issue Mitsubishi credit cards.
Love this analogy lol

Now if Apple opens Apple Bank Canada and becomes a tier 1 financial institution, then sure, they could partner with Costco to underwrite their CC's. But (theoretically) so could Disney, or Nintendo, or Volkswagen, etc. :lol:
:lol:

Just like Capital One, AmEx and many others, should Apple bring their CC game to Canada, they'll "Canadianize" the product
Yeah, that’s a given.
If not Canadianized at launch, it will be down the road.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15228 posts
20496 upvotes
Vancouver
titaniumtux wrote: That makes no sense. Both Apple and Costco are the retailer. Both use an underwriter to offer credit cards..
Well that one went over your head. You haven’t been following the Capital One Ending” thread I guess Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oct 20, 2018
276 posts
121 upvotes
Some rumors on apple card have said it may be dependent on Goldman Sachs launching their "Marcus" product in Canada, "Marcus" also just recently launched in the UK, so hoping it launches in Canada soon!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15528 posts
14039 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Kiraly wrote: Well that one went over your head. You haven’t been following the Capital One Ending” thread I guess Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
This could suggest that an Apple CC in Canada could be short-lived, just like Chase Bank, Target, etc.

Lolz Apple fans in Canada could have an Apple CC for a short amount of time until they pull out. The Canadian market just can't support their niche product.

Oh, and if they offer a 3/2/1% earn, no-AF and no-FTF, no Canadian big bank would partner up with them as it'd undercut their offerings.

TLDR a Canadian Apple CC would either suck, be short lived, or both. :lol: guys just get the US one...
Oct 20, 2018
276 posts
121 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: @ldjqx8 What do you want the Apple credit card for? The 3% back when buying at Apple? You can get that with the Brim credit card. Always 3% back when buying online at apple.ca, sometimes they have a 5% promo.
The hype and cool factor of Apple card would be the main thing followed by that its a metal card, also adding stickiness to the Apple ecosystem. Its not a card for churning or milking benefits.

That being said - I welcome more choices/competition in the Canadian landscape, doesn't matter the company!