• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2021 5:38 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
admiralackbar wrote: I posted in another thread how smart I thought I was when I made 1500BTC with my Nvidia card in early 2010s and sold them for $5,000 (no one knew what they were at the time except the people in the mining pools). Hindsight is 20/20 indeed!
Yeah, hindsight is always clear and concise but looking ahead means zilch.
If we all knew the last week of March 2020 was when the market would hit its trough we would be sitting pretty right now.
When Bitcoin was new i was planning on looking into how to mine it but i had other obligations and figured it was a low priority so i wasn't going to bother. I regret that of course.
I was also going to buy some TSLA shares a few years ago, for reasons i do not wish to get into that didn't happen at the time.
And looking at charts of market downturns we would all want to think we would buy at the lowest but without hindsight we cannot know if its at the lowest. One can buy and it goes much lower. And we have no idea how long it would take to recover.
So in the end we are making best guesses with a bit of acquired knowledge but still no ability to predict the future.
Sanyo wrote: Jeez 1500 bitcoin is $60 mil today lol...
Thats the point. What will Bitcoin be worth 20 years from now? We can speculate until the cows come home but until 2041 we cannot know with any accuracy.
Of course we can claim because of QE or stimulus or whatever it will obviously be worth X but thats just speculation.
Now if you have a time machine i'd be happy to fuel your Mr Fusion device with food scraps.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)