Hide posts from certain retailers

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2022 7:19 am
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
215 posts
383 upvotes

Hide posts from certain retailers

I did a search in here but could not find a post, apologies if I missed it.

Is there a way to hide deals from certain retailers? Frequently deals are posted for in-store only (grocery for example) for retailers that are not in eastern Canada (Lowes, Metro, etc etc) and I'd like to be able to say don't show me any deals for these retailers. Since these are all tagged with the dealer_id=X I thought it might be possible.

Thanks in advance!
7 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32852 upvotes
Scarborough
Pehnull wrote: I did a search in here but could not find a post, apologies if I missed it.

Is there a way to hide deals from certain retailers? Frequently deals are posted for in-store only (grocery for example) for retailers that are not in eastern Canada (Lowes, Metro, etc etc) and I'd like to be able to say don't show me any deals for these retailers. Since these are all tagged with the dealer_id=X I thought it might be possible.

Thanks in advance!
Not yet, but that's the plan! Phase 1 of the project is rolling out this month when we add support for additional tabs in Hot Deals (for Black Friday). Over time, this filtering method will be expanded to extra views you can customize yourself using Store, Category and possibly other filters as well.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
215 posts
383 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Not yet, but that's the plan! Phase 1 of the project is rolling out this month when we add support for additional tabs in Hot Deals (for Black Friday). Over time, this filtering method will be expanded to extra views you can customize yourself using Store, Category and possibly other filters as well.
Seems like I am right on time with my question. Thanks for the reply!
May 31, 2018
34 posts
312 upvotes
I want this too.... but at a category level. There are so many BF deals for cell phones and cell phone plans that I'm looking at pages and pages of stuff I don't really need (at the moment), so it would be amazing if there was a way to exclude specific categories so that I can more easily/quickly see the deals that I want.
Feb 27, 2003
818 posts
656 upvotes
Langley
It would also be nice to be able to ignore 'moved' posts..

I ran through about 3 pages in the hot deals and hid all the threads I have no interest in, but I have about the first page and a half in hot deals full of "Moved:" threads now with only about 5 actual threads I'm following and I can't ignore them - I know they'll disappear eventually, but it sucks we can ignore/hide them also
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2017 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Suggested this over a year ago. Have plans of my own with a programmer, stay tuned, it will be fun.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11081 posts
4333 upvotes
How about hiding a particular a forum? For example I will never have interest in Contests, can I hide that?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus