Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto

Hide Thread Feature?

There's a thread I would like to block from seeing, is there any way to do this?

I've also tried blocked the user who posted it but I can still see the thread in Hot Deals.

I just don't want it taking up space of things I actually want to see.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 17th, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title for clarity
RedFlagDeals Addict
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect, how do I add a thread to that list?
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on the mobile version and it doesn't seem to offer this anywhere.
RedFlagDeals Addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto
Disregard, it's there now.

I think there was a lag from when I signed up to when became active for me

Anyways, great feature, thank you.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14150 posts
26571 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote: Disregard, it's there now.

I think there was a lag from when I signed up to when became active for me

Anyways, great feature, thank you.
No problem!

Due to space limits on mobile we had to hide it within the more/... menu. You can apply it to any thread across the entire forum. I've always encouraged people to use it since the feature was added but the adoption rate is still very low.

I actually have a ticket in to turn it on for everyone because I think most people are just unaware of it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: No problem!

Due to space limits on mobile we had to hide it within the more/... menu. You can apply it to any thread across the entire forum. I've always encouraged people to use it since the feature was added but the adoption rate is still very low.

I actually have a ticket in to turn it on for everyone because I think most people are just unaware of it.
I use the "more" menu quite often because I'm on the mobile version most of the time. It just didn't pop up when I enabled it at first but it did afterwards.

I don't see any harm in having it on, I think a lot of members would find it useful.

I know I'm certainly going to use it more ...
RedFlagDeals Addict
Apr 11, 2010
78 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
Is there any way to hide all posts with specific tags? For example, I don't plan on changing phone carrier any time soon and would love to be able to quickly hide ALL posts tagged as Fido, Rogers, Koodo, Telus, etc.

Same with all the banks (CIBC, Tangerine, etc.). Just looking for a way to clean up and avoid all the posts I really don't have any care for.

Thanks!