Home & Garden

High quality Sit/Stand desk recommendations?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2020 9:25 pm
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes

High quality Sit/Stand desk recommendations?

I'm looking for one that has dual motors (which typically can't lift 3000lbs+), support a 72" table and is stable at any height.

The 2 that that I've found that best fit the description are:

Jarivs Standing desk: https://www.fully.com/jarvis-frame-only.html
Pros: Best reviewed sit/stand desk, ships to Canada.
Cons: Don't know how good the stability is.

VertDesk V3: https://www.btod.com/btod-vertdesk-v3-base
Pros: Probably the most stable stand/sit desk on the market because of that bar across the legs... and that's their selling point.
Cons: Doesn't ship to Canada. Not many reviews (other than their own).

I'm only interested in the base as I'm planning on using a hard solid maple top that weighs 100lbs (72" x 30").

Are there any other desks to look into? Anonymous is cheaper (and ships from Canada), but has too much wobble. Other companies like Ikea, MountIt and Anthrodesk are mostly single motor so it can only lift 150lbs and/or cannot support a longer desk,
1 reply
Mar 14, 2008
99 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
It's three years passed this post but I would like to add my personal experience for those who may end up here after Googling VertDesk in Canada.

A year ago, after doing an extensive research, I concluded Vertdesk is the probably the best option among height adjustable desk frames. I ordered the desk frame directly from US but have it shipping (free) to a Fedex center in US near Canadian border. I drove there and picked it up. I have to pay import charges at the border which was about %15 (if I remember correctly) which just amounts for the tax. (I think this is due to NAFTA agreements that there was no additional charge other than the tax). I assume this solution isn't feasible now during the pandemic but once the border reopens, it is best in order to save on the shipping and brokery import fees over the option to have them ship it to you from US. You could easily save hundreds of dollars this way assuming you live not too far from the border and you can drive there.

The desk is super solid even at its highest level. No wobbling or vibration at all. I am very happy with the desk. One drawback is that at the time you purchase it, you need to decide about the width of the desk. Once you get it, the frame is fixed in width and cannot be changed. So make sure, you get the right width you want. I order the widest frame available but then later I changed my mind and wanted to have a smaller desk top. Unfortunately, it is not possible now. The least I can have now is about 188cm (71").