• Jul 12th, 2012 1:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 9, 2012
1 posts

High School Grad - JOB?!

Just recently graduated from high school , and I am planning to take a year off. So for the past few weeks I have been applying for jobs like crazy. Save on foods ( cashier ) , shopper drug mart etc... nothing.... Not even a interview call =,=. I have past work experience,I've worked at holiday inn and that's pretty much it. My resume isn't fancy just plain and simple but not bad either. I remember planning that i would get 2 jobs >.< sad thing is I can't even find one LOL.
Share:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3953 posts
18 upvotes
For those entry jobs, my advises are:
- Have you spoken directly with hiring person in the store?
- Have you reviewed your resume with someone else?
- Do you have any friend currently working? They can get some leads for you.

In the worst case, there's always volunteering that will build credits for you.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
499 upvotes
There's some mines up in Sudbury that need people to drill and set the explosives in them. The army is hiring for infantry positions as well, look into that.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
^ He's taking a year off, not a decade off.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
499 upvotes
They will hire you for a year.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9034 posts
1183 upvotes
Kinda funny 10 yrs ago I walked into an interview with ZERO experience and a HS education and landed a helpdesk job... probably not possible anymore is it?

They probably want MCSE, CCNA and 5+yrs experience... lol.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
499 upvotes
No that doesn't happen anymore. You need a degree to even be a janitor these days.

The only place your high school diploma will get you is into a factory working in brutal, back-breaking conditions next to live, industrial sized saws and 10,000 volt equipment, if you're lucky. Actually you might as well just drop out at grade 10 if you're not planning to continue to post-secondary. A high school diploma is today's toilet paper.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
College diploma = 2-ply.

Bachelor degree = Charmin Ultra
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.