Home & Garden

High Velocity Furnace Maintenance / Production Plans Request

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 1:37 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jul 5, 2003
393 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto

High Velocity Furnace Maintenance / Production Plans Request

Hello!

I have an Airmax 100e High Velocity Furnace, and have had multiple issues over the past couple years with heating and associated ac failures. There seem to be many stories of High Velocity installers doing poor quality work (ie: CTV Article), and a technician told me that my builder Airmax model is actually not sized correctly for the home!

I'd like to see if others can recommend a GTA HVAC company that has good experience with High Velocity systems, specifically for Maintenance / Production plans?

Thanks!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2251 posts
772 upvotes
Woodbridge
I would not buy an insurance plan from the giants. If you look closely their plan covers ONLY blower motor ( pretty much ) which should last you minimum of five years anyways.
AC coil ( also work as heat exchanger ) in combo units is not covered including the circulating pump. So I see no value in those plans especially when it comes to combo units.
yeungsprite wrote: Hello!

I have an Airmax 100e High Velocity Furnace, and have had multiple issues over the past couple years with heating and associated ac failures. There seem to be many stories of High Velocity installers doing poor quality work (ie: CTV Article), and a technician told me that my builder Airmax model is actually not sized correctly for the home!

I'd like to see if others can recommend a GTA HVAC company that has good experience with High Velocity systems, specifically for Maintenance / Production plans?

Thanks!
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jul 5, 2003
393 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the response newlyborn! The reason for the coverage is for a rental property that is not easy for me to access, and I have had difficulty finding companies in the past who have Airmax High Velocity furnace experience. Companies like Enercare actually do not even service them!

On a side note, I had found your contact through the HVAC threads and had tried your gmail, but it appears to be invalid :(.
newlyborn wrote: I would not buy an insurance plan from the giants. If you look closely their plan covers ONLY blower motor ( pretty much ) which should last you minimum of five years anyways.
AC coil ( also work as heat exchanger ) in combo units is not covered including the circulating pump. So I see no value in those plans especially when it comes to combo units.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
10713 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like you may be having similar issues like we had for years and years due to an oversized furnace. I explained it here - new-furnace-time-2322131/2/#p31618823
Also I ended up getting a new furnace from @newlyborn and he properly sized it and fixed my issue but more info in that post. I would highly recommend you talking to him, send him a PM.
yeungsprite wrote: Hello!

I have an Airmax 100e High Velocity Furnace, and have had multiple issues over the past couple years with heating and associated ac failures. There seem to be many stories of High Velocity installers doing poor quality work (ie: CTV Article), and a technician told me that my builder Airmax model is actually not sized correctly for the home!

I'd like to see if others can recommend a GTA HVAC company that has good experience with High Velocity systems, specifically for Maintenance / Production plans?

Thanks!
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2251 posts
772 upvotes
Woodbridge
My correct email ID is fairdealheating@gmail.com. However if you want a quick response please send me whats app or text me at 416-992-2333
yeungsprite wrote: Thanks for the response newlyborn! The reason for the coverage is for a rental property that is not easy for me to access, and I have had difficulty finding companies in the past who have Airmax High Velocity furnace experience. Companies like Enercare actually do not even service them!

On a side note, I had found your contact through the HVAC threads and had tried your gmail, but it appears to be invalid :(.
Last edited by newlyborn on Aug 31st, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
Member
User avatar
May 24, 2007
212 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I am in a townhouse in that area and we believe there is a problem with the system after this hot summer. The system is constantly running trying to cool the house but the house never gets cool enough. If we leave the thermostat at 25, it is basically on all day even on a cool day like today.

We had somebody come check the AC unit during the spring and he said everything was running normally but we are definitely not happy with the system. Any suggestions what people are doing to remedy this problem?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
10713 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like you need to call out a good HVAC company to come troubleshoot your issue. Assuming you have done all the regular stuff like make sure you have a clean furnace filter installed, all the vents in the home are open etc.

If you are still having the issue get into contact with @newlyborn he is a highly recommended HVAC pro on RFD.
chimster wrote: I am in a townhouse in that area and we believe there is a problem with the system after this hot summer. The system is constantly running trying to cool the house but the house never gets cool enough. If we leave the thermostat at 25, it is basically on all day even on a cool day like today.

We had somebody come check the AC unit during the spring and he said everything was running normally but we are definitely not happy with the system. Any suggestions what people are doing to remedy this problem?
0_o
<_<
>_>

Top