HighFarms in Mississauga price gouging

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2020 7:44 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes

HighFarms in Mississauga price gouging

You tell me are they or are they not? Was shopping at this location in Mississauga hwy 10 and notice 24 rolls of Toilet Paper for $19.99 and Paper Towels for 2 rolls $10. Though, there were 3 price tags ( $10.99 , $11.99 and $19.99 ) for the toilet paper on the shelves and the same item was on all the shelves, they only had that one product. I asked the clerk what was the price for the Toilet paper and he said its $19.99. These rolls didn't look to thick or heavy layers. I spoke with the supervisor there and she trying to say its the normal price. I told her its against the law and she basically look at me and didn't care.
Last edited by $n00ker on Mar 31st, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3838 posts
2787 upvotes
GTA
Get used to this. Be thankful they have it in stock. This way only people who need the paper will buy it, hoarders must resist.
Jan 19, 2013
325 posts
309 upvotes
we can report it , they were telling in the new yesterday .. need to know the process , hopefully actions are taken against this ..
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
Look like they fixed, they moved all those toilet paper to the $10.99 section
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2518 posts
2117 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Why are you complaining about this to the store employees? They don’t set the damn prices and can’t do shit to lower them. Have a problem? don’t shop there or call consumer protection Ontario and watch nothing happen.
DUCA credit union member
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5758 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, 24-30 rolls of TP regular price around $20 seems legit.

$10 for 2 rolls of paper towel if it's the big ones....tiger towels or bounty.

I think many consumers are out of touch with the "regular price" of these paper items because they go on sale somewhere every 2-3 weeks.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1283 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with these "price gouging" complaints
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
jacnel wrote: Why are you complaining about this to the store employees? They don’t set the damn prices and can’t do shit to lower them. Have a problem? don’t shop there or call consumer protection Ontario and watch nothing happen.
I guess you can't read. And the price is $10.99 not $19.99 if you want to be a fish and pay $19.99 go for it
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Regular price for 24 rolls is 19.99
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cott ... p.html#srp
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cash ... p.html#srp

Not sure about your paper towels. Need some pictures to verify
Those are actual 24 rolls in total 48 rolls, the ones I'm talking about are 12 rolls in total of 24, everywhere is selling them around $10 to 12 not $20
Last edited by $n00ker on Apr 1st, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2518 posts
2117 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
$n00ker wrote: I guess you can't read. And the price is $10.99 not $19.99 if you want to be a fish and pay $19.99 go for it
OK Karen
DUCA credit union member
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
jacnel wrote: OK Karen
Whatever Lenny
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2651 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
$n00ker wrote: Those are actual 24 rolls in total 48 rolls, the ones I'm talking about are 12 rolls in total of 24, everywhere is selling them around $10 to 12 not $20
Post a damm picture at least. How are we suppose to know what you see.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5758 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
I had to read OP again. The confusion was what many retailers were doing amidst the paper demand spike and spreading what few varieties they had across all the paper shelves.

OP asked the price and whatever employee was there just (lazily?) said the most expensive price, which caused the outrage.

I suppose it would save from having the cashier scan it and outrage at the front end from the employees perspective...."they said it was cheaper...I demand to have it for the employee-quoted price!"

If unsure, one cam match the product UPC with the shelf label. Who knows, the employee could have been newly hired off the street recently due to demand.

However, it seems many stores are starting to keep their reserve stocks of paper products on the shelves now so they can start lining in the products in their proper spaces now.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
No Frills wrote: I had to read OP again. The confusion was what many retailers were doing amidst the paper demand spike and spreading what few varieties they had across all the paper shelves.

OP asked the price and whatever employee was there just (lazily?) said the most expensive price, which caused the outrage.

I suppose it would save from having the cashier scan it and outrage at the front end from the employees perspective...."they said it was cheaper...I demand to have it for the employee-quoted price!"

If unsure, one cam match the product UPC with the shelf label. Who knows, the employee could have been newly hired off the street recently due to demand.

However, it seems many stores are starting to keep their reserve stocks of paper products on the shelves now so they can start lining in the products in their proper spaces now.
What you said could be so true but the thing the bother me was most of the toilet paper were near the $19.99 tag . I went back that evening and those paper weren't even in the same location from where they were, they totally removed them placed them further down the shelves making sure the correct price was shown. I'm pretty sure CPO must have said something for them to moved all of them further down the alley. My first inttentions was to point out to the supervisor maybe there a error or something but this supervisor didn't even care as to what I was saying and that when I said ok no problem let CPO handle it.
Last edited by $n00ker on Apr 1st, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Post a damm picture at least. How are we suppose to know what you see.
I guess its too hard to ask
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8930 posts
4241 upvotes
Markham
jacnel wrote: Why are you complaining about this to the store employees? They don’t set the damn prices and can’t do shit to lower them. Have a problem? don’t shop there or call consumer protection Ontario and watch nothing happen.
If he didn't complain, the price is still 19.99 and someone will buy it at this price. OP actually save money for people

Its same logic to you: if you don't like OP's post, go to another post, but see, you complain in his post as well. So you two did same:)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2585 posts
1864 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote: If he didn't complain, the price is still 19.99 and someone will buy it at this price. OP actually save money for people

Its same logic to you: if you don't like OP's post, go to another post, but see, you complain in his post as well. So you two did same:)
None of us know that because the OP never tried to buy the product. It was more likely what another poster said and the paper was improperly stocked there showing a higher price but would scan in at the actual price.

The OP makes it seem like he went back there and it was in a completely different isle or something when in reality it was just moved to the correct location further down the shelf.