Real Estate

Highlands of Millbrook

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 9:39 am
Tags:
None
Jun 18, 2018
2 posts
GirlonFire wrote: Anyone here notice a price drop on their purchased homes? I got an email yesterday saying "towns and homes starting at 339K". Up to now prices have started at 399K (when the townhomes released).
Hello everyone, it's likely that anyone who purchased a home in phase 1 may have paid approx. 6-10% more for the same lot now selling in phase 2. This has happened all over the Durham and in surrounding areas. The good news is that in some instances, builders such as Mattamy Homes may be now offering discounts on the original purchase price of new build homes. My guess is that some buyers aren't able to close on their mortgage (in cases where the house is valued a lot less than what they originally committed to pay).

This is just a suggestion, but I would encourage anyone who bought in phase 1 to contact the builder to see if they can drop the purchase price if they are having trouble closing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4501010
https://www.thestar.com/business/2018/0 ... -ruin.html
Apr 3, 2018
2 posts
Dream888 wrote: Hi everyone! I am curious to know who is moving to the new development in Millbrook? Is it people purchasing a starter home, young families, empty-nesters? Are people moving to Millbrook already from the east end (Whitby, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Curtis) or are people moving there from all over?
Any feedback would be appreciated :)
we're from Markham and bought their first phase. It closes in December of this year.
Jun 28, 2018
5 posts
Dream888 wrote: Hi everyone! I am curious to know who is moving to the new development in Millbrook? Is it people purchasing a starter home, young families, empty-nesters? Are people moving to Millbrook already from the east end (Whitby, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Curtis) or are people moving there from all over?
Any feedback would be appreciated :)
I'm moving from Ajax!
Jun 28, 2018
5 posts
Anyone here gone through the "Structural" Appointment yet? If yes, any tips?
Oct 11, 2018
1 posts
GirlonFire wrote: Anyone here gone through the "Structural" Appointment yet? If yes, any tips?
Yes, I had been to the "Structural" appointment. Which model is yours and when is your closing date?
Apr 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
is this place worth buy house? how is the house market value any chance to increase? any rental market?
Banned
Feb 23, 2009
1670 posts
1495 upvotes
Oshawa
SuperKing1 wrote: is this place worth buy house? how is the house market value any chance to increase? any rental market?
No. Bad, not really, not much.
Apr 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I heard this place will be very popuar after they open new highway also there are building communitiy center and Peterborough nearby so lots if chances increase price.
Good for investment.
Jun 28, 2018
5 posts
LachayyaL72850 wrote: Yes, I had been to the "Structural" appointment. Which model is yours and when is your closing date?
The structural appointment has been completed. I bought a townhouse and the closing date is November 2019.
Feb 2, 2019
1 posts
Anyone use Nexicom for internet in the highland of millbrook? Are their fibre internet any good? Just got a place there.
Apr 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
How is the housing market in Millbrook new development booming up there I have seen price increased?