None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 19, 2015
82 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

hiring home cooker ? how much to pay

my wife and i looking for cooker who just cook @ home for my entire family.

how much should i pay? $70 per day monday to friday too cheap? need more?

wondering anyone hired someone like this ? and how much you paid them for

3 meal > breakfast , lunch & dinner, of course washing the dishes for us as well
22 replies
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
196 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
$11.25 X # of hours per day plus insurance etc. There are minimum standards to follow.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Northofseven wrote: $11.25 X # of hours per day plus insurance etc. There are minimum standards to follow.
11.25 really? Lol how long would they be cooking and washing dishes for a day on average 3-4hrs? I doubt anyone would agree to this unless it was a flat fee or they were paid an 8hr day or if they were an illegal

Op, sounds like you're looking for a Filipino nanny
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
196 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
hitman_24 wrote: 11.25 really? Lol how long would they be cooking and washing dishes for a day on average 3-4hrs? I doubt anyone would agree to this unless it was a flat fee or they were paid an 8hr day or if they were an illegal

$11.25 per hour is minimum wage in Ontario .
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Northofseven wrote: $11.25 per hour is minimum wage in Ontario .
Well ya, but would they be paid for the downtime in between meals? This seems like an all day commitment, and a flat rate type of job
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1159 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
If you're not looking for a pro chef but rather and standard chef and want general cooking which includes a chef who will prepare five dinners in your home each week, including grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, maintaining a stocked and organized kitchen, and leaving reheating instructions when needed but not including food, general cost is $400.00. If you want to included breakfast and lunch which would be 10 extra meals, although not as involved you would be looking at around $1000.00 per week.

You're better off getting a good quality restaurant to deliver cooked meals to your home and less than half that price.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
979 upvotes
Niagara Falls
REALNOOB wrote: my wife and i looking for cooker who just cook @ home for my entire family.

3 meal > breakfast , lunch & dinner, of course washing the dishes for us as well
You're looking for a personal chef.... Google is your friend.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
[OP]
Banned
Apr 19, 2015
82 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
my wife and i cannot afford more than 100... will just eat out

cash job $3 k a month sound right?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes
REALNOOB wrote: my wife and i cannot afford more than 100... will just eat out

cash job $3 k a month sound right?
Sounds about right. I know somebody who is paid $2200 right now (and she is happy with that), but will be getting a raise to closer to $3000 soon (because she will need to care for a new mom). She works all morning, then returns to cook dinner. She said when the job posting was out, a lot of people went for the job and she won out because she was the best cook.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
4993 upvotes
Here 'n There
REALNOOB wrote: my wife and i looking for cooker who just cook @ home for my entire family.

Friend of mine who used to run a catering company does it for $250/day for lunch and dinner just for one personand that includes buying the groceries but not paying for them and not serving the meals or cleaning up. The prices are all over the map of course.
Jan 16, 2008
334 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary
eonibm wrote: Friend of mine who used to run a catering company does it for $250/day for lunch and dinner just for one personand that includes buying the groceries but not paying for them and not serving the meals or cleaning up. The prices are all over the map of course.
Why would someone pay this much instead of going to restaurants where clean up and everything is included.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Falcon-x wrote: Why would someone pay this much instead of going to restaurants where clean up and everything is included.
Money to blow, convenience, children
Aug 13, 2006
972 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver
hitman_24 wrote: 11.25 really? Lol how long would they be cooking and washing dishes for a day on average 3-4hrs? I doubt anyone would agree to this unless it was a flat fee or they were paid an 8hr day or if they were an illegal

Firstly - does the OP seriously need THREE meals a day? cereal, muffins, etc. are perfectly healthy and msg free for breakfast , and I assume you must go to work wrt lunch or else you wouldn't be just looking at $70 per day

But as a reference I do pay someone to help with some cleaning and dinner (one meal) each time @ 4 hours x $25 per hour
[OP]
Banned
Apr 19, 2015
82 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
just found out one of my co-worker paying $2k cash a month with a toddler to take care as well....

couple around 35-40 working and a mother around 70ish and a kid around 6-9

as well a new borning coming up

total of 5 people meal for cooking sound right
[OP]
Banned
Apr 19, 2015
82 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
co-worker cooker is only responsible for cooking evening meal
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1147 posts
530 upvotes
York Region
I didn't even know this type of service existed. If I had cash to burn, I'd definitely sign me a butler and pretend I was the fresh prince of Belair
Dec 25, 2006
784 posts
8 upvotes
My friend pays 3k a month, two meals a day I think
[OP]
Banned
Apr 19, 2015
82 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
march9 wrote: My friend pays 3k a month, two meals a day I think
cash i assume

co-worker's cooker just cook 1 meal (evening meal) the lady responsible for the washing the dishes was well
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
7663 posts
723 upvotes
Man... didn't realize that it was this much per month. Thanks, at least it gives me an idea about it now