• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 5:20 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 7, 2021
4 posts
20 upvotes

Hiring manager reached out to me

Hello everyone hope you are all doing well, I need your opinion please.
Nov 2020 did a couple of job interviews with company A and sent couple of references, one of them was contacted then silence. March 2021, I noticed the hiring manager who interviewed me at company A checked my LinkedIn profile a couple of time. I sent him an invitation to connect and he asked me if I was still living in North America ( note that the job location is overseas) I said yes, he told me that my profile is good but because of covid and travel restrictions he couldn't hire me on rotational basis ( 28 days on and 28 days off ) and we will keep in touch. June 3 I received an email for a job interview from company B ( never applied for any jobs with company B) looking to hire me for company A as their customer. During the interview I came to know that they received my cv from company's A HR. The interview went well in my opinion, we talked about salary, bonuses, benefits, flight ticket and visa.....Also gave them a couple of references on June 3. Today one of my reference emailed me and said he was called by company B. Do you think I have high chance of getting this job? What is your opinion? Note that company A needs more than one engineer for their big drilling project in Africa.

Thank you for your opinion !
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11925 posts
2314 upvotes
Toronto
Yea. You're likely good. Company B needed somoene. Company A would have given you the OK but it was out of their control. They're friendly with company B who reached out to their contacts for referral.

Looks like B will have more 'power' and ability to hire to meet your needs.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4448 posts
1918 upvotes
If they are already contacting your references, you either got an offer, or about to get an offer... congrats
[OP]
Jun 7, 2021
4 posts
20 upvotes
Thank you for your opinion, I have been out of work since march 2020 and having sleepiness night since company B contacted me, even if the hiring manager told me it will take them 2-3 weeks to get back to me but that seems like an eternity to me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5785 posts
2625 upvotes
Toronto
moninga wrote: Thank you for your opinion, I have been out of work since march 2020 and having sleepiness night since company B contacted me, even if the hiring manager told me it will take them 2-3 weeks to get back to me but that seems like an eternity to me.
Good luck. Based on what I understand, Company B wanted to hire someone to work on a project involving their client, Company A, and Company A put your name forward. If that's true, that's pretty much the most solid position you can be in. Your prospective employer's client asked them to hire you. Barring something major, it would be insane for them to refuse to do that.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3603 posts
1149 upvotes
Edmonton
What kind of job are you applying for?

I seen many 28/28 jobs, just curious where
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
[OP]
Jun 7, 2021
4 posts
20 upvotes
I JUST GOT THE JOB!!!!
I received a congratulation email this afternoon, I will receive a formal offer in one week.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11524 posts
3239 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What kinda job is it? As somebody mentioned above im curious what job is 28 days in another country then back 28 days?

Thanks
moninga wrote: I JUST GOT THE JOB!!!!
I received a congratulation email this afternoon, I will receive a formal offer in one week.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2021
4 posts
20 upvotes
Drilling engineer working on rotation 28/28
Nov 28, 2020
90 posts
88 upvotes
Company A wants you but for whatever reason couldn't, so they get you through a services contract from B.

2 years from now, you could be hired directly by A if you do well.