• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2014 1:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 27, 2004
718 posts
81 upvotes

Is hiring a Ticket Fighter worth it?

Just wanna hear y'all opinion on this cause I have 3 friends who have hired it one and all failed the case.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
angy wrote: I have 3 friends who have hired it one and all failed the case.

There's your answer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shabby wrote: There's your answer.

they review disclosure, you can do that yourself. When you HIRE one of these guys, you shoudl expect either full dismissal or not guilty, not points settlement.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
waiting for TrevorK's advice
hated on but respected.
Jan 27, 2004
718 posts
81 upvotes
yao416 wrote: waiting for TrevorK's advice

Who's Trevork lol...
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Fighted my speeding ticket myself.

The thing is, AFAIK, unless it's a speeding ticket (which theres a list what you can demand from the cop to bring on ze internetz), you will lose if the cop show up.
However take advantage that ticket disputes take +1 years and the ratio of cops not showing vs showing is quite good in your favor.

And no point giving money to someone to fight your ticket. If your going to spend money, then just pay the ticket and don't lose sleep at night.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Messerschmitt wrote:
And no point giving money to someone to fight your ticket. If your going to spend money, then just pay the ticket and don't lose sleep at night.

Actually what you're paying ($300 to $400) is a savings if you net it over 3 years of insurance savings. Typically speeding tickets will destroy you on insurance, more than 1 and you're done >_<
--
I like detailing cars!
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
m4gician wrote: Actually what you're paying ($300 to $400) is a savings if you net it over 3 years of insurance savings. Typically speeding tickets will destroy you on insurance, more than 1 and you're done >_<

If your getting more than 2-3 tickets per year, then you deserve high premiums IMHO. L2D.

if you don't get more than 2-3 tickets, there are high chances you will only end up paying 1 since the cop didn't show up for the other 2.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
One of my relatives hired a ticket fighter and the ticket got dismissed before the court date.
- casual gastronomist -
Aug 26, 2007
173 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
angy wrote: 3 friends who have hired it one and all failed the case.

Yea go ahead and make that 3 and an even 4 :)
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2623 posts
162 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: If your getting more than 2-3 tickets per year, then you deserve high premiums IMHO. L2D.

if you don't get more than 2-3 tickets, there are high chances you will only end up paying 1 since the cop didn't show up for the other 2.

I second this!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2623 posts
162 upvotes
From my observation, I've seen ticket fighters outside of the courtrooms meeting with the prosecutors. As they were sitting beside me on a bench outside the courtroom, before proceedings began.

Ticket fighter had 5 cases he was defending.

He said to the prosecutor, "How about you erase this one case completely, and I'll accept reduced points and fines for the other 4?"

Prosecutor says sure, and their deal is set.

End result, Ticket Fighter collects 5 fees (thousands of dollars). 1 happy customer; 4 customers who will be mixed (some will be happy that he reduced their fines and fees, others will be upset it never got fully dismissed). 1 happy customer advertises their business and result (providing hope to others for a complete dismissal, and advertising to 20 of their friends/acquaintances); other 4 can't argue because they still have reduced fines; but are likely upset they still have to pay the reduced fine plus the cost of the ticket fighter (which is often more than the original fine itself, haha).

In 90% of cases, its best to defend and represent yourself.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1754 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
You can just meet the prosecutor yourself, I done it twice. I was guilty in both cases but then lower fine and no points I'm ok with. I accepted I broke the law but if insurance never finds out it is ok in the long run because insurance premiums is where it really hurts.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2623 posts
162 upvotes
da_way wrote: You can just meet the prosecutor yourself, I done it twice. I was guilty in both cases but then lower fine and no points I'm ok with. I accepted I broke the law but if insurance never finds out it is ok in the long run because insurance premiums is where it really hurts.

But by pleading guilty, you are registered with a conviction, which is what drives insurance rates. Not demerit points.

Convictions can result in a conviction surcharge. Insurance companies tend to allow 1 minor conviction as a freebie, additional ones will come with a minor conviction surcharge. Serious convictions and major convictions don't come with freebies, and come with surcharges of 20% for each one. Also, any conviction (major, minor or serious), results in the removal of a Conviction Free Discount.

My father in law just pleaded guilty for 0 points, thinking he was smart, even though I warned him not too. Anyhow, he lost his conviction free discount and is now paying an extra $600 a year because he pled guilty.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: Fighted my speeding ticket myself.

The thing is, AFAIK, unless it's a speeding ticket (which theres a list what you can demand from the cop to bring on ze internetz), you will lose if the cop show up.
However take advantage that ticket disputes take +1 years and the ratio of cops not showing vs showing is quite good in your favor.

THat's only in Toronto.. Tickets from smaller cities, the court date may only be like 4-5 months from the day of the ticket
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Matrixvibe wrote: +1 who dat? lol

Search his post in auto forum
hated on but respected.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: THat's only in Toronto.. Tickets from smaller cities, the court date may only be like 4-5 months from the day of the ticket

I like how on RFD, everything apparently revolves around toronto.

I'm in Vancouver and it took 1,3 years for my court date. I'm sure this is true for all the major cities in Canada.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: I like how on RFD, everything apparently revolves around toronto.

I'm in Vancouver and it took 1,3 years for my court date. I'm sure this is true for all the major cities in Canada.

Sorry, I will be more careful next time :)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)