Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2574 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Not quite.

75" => New 65"
65" => New 55"
55" => PC Monitor / Gaming Panel

Hope that helps.
You're right but his point is to stay ahead of the crowd. Like when I bought my 17 inch computer monitor instead of the common 15 inch in 1997.
May 28, 2018
174 posts
223 upvotes
Was pondering getting the Q7G from Costco for a while, it's also $900 but for 65 inch (or waiting for a sale on it). It seems to be a better model but the idea of having a 75 inch screen from my viewing distance of around 10.5-11 feet was too tempting. Pulled the trigger on this last night, an extra ten inches for the same price (that's what she said?). Will I miss QLED and local dimming? Maybe, but none of my TV's have those now and this will be replacing a 15 year old 42 inch Toshiba plasma, so I'm sure I'll be happy, but can return if not.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1289 posts
666 upvotes
When I add this to cart it recommends the $99.99 insurance instead of the $59.99 insurance. So it looks like we might need to buy the $99.99 insurance.

I've bought a TV in store in the same situation where the discount put it under $1,000 and the employee suggested I add the $59.99 insurance.

Which insurance are you guys buying for it? The only reason I am risking buying a cheap brand TV is because there is the 5 year Costco Extended Warranty so I want to make sure it is actually covered.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2294 posts
901 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Had my Hisense replaced twice under warranty as the power supply would fail after 3 days of use. It was not this model, but hopefully they have fixed this issue.

I returned it and bought a C8 that was heavily discounted by a Costco manager as it was the last one.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
May 28, 2018
174 posts
223 upvotes
CantMissADeal wrote: When I add this to cart it recommends the $99.99 insurance instead of the $59.99 insurance. So it looks like we might need to buy the $99.99 insurance.

I've bought a TV in store in the same situation where the discount put it under $1,000 and the employee suggested I add the $59.99 insurance.

Which insurance are you guys buying for it? The only reason I am risking buying a cheap brand TV is because there is the 5 year Costco Extended Warranty so I want to make sure it is actually covered.
I decided to wait and buy it later, you can buy it up to 90 days after purchasing. Might call again because the first rep I spoke too was not certain in his answer.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1289 posts
666 upvotes
taximan87 wrote: I decided to wait and buy it later, you can buy it up to 90 days after purchasing. Might call again because the first rep I spoke too was not certain in his answer.
Let us know if you find out the answer. Thanks in advance!
Nov 16, 2015
39 posts
60 upvotes
Calgary, AB
cs confirmed it should be 59.99 for the warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
This is a good price for a 75" let's be clear.

But my goodness, I feel like we can do better in terms of picture quality in 2020.

This isn't a bad TV at all, but with so many impressive panels, it feels wrong to compromise.
May 28, 2018
174 posts
223 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is a good price for a 75" let's be clear.

But my goodness, I feel like we can do better in terms of picture quality in 2020.

This isn't a bad TV at all, but with so many impressive panels, it feels wrong to compromise.
What will be noticeably bad to a casual watcher if you don't mind me asking? I'm in no way a videophile, yet can appreciate quality and like anyone on RFD, looking for value. Most comments tend to stress "go as big as you can, you will regret it if you don't" rather than stressing the features to absolutely have.

There are no real reviews for this what seems to be Canadian, made for Costco panel however if it's a current year replacement for the r6209, well my buddy has that one in 70 inch and couldn't be happier.

I haven't bought a tv in YEARS, rocking two 42 inch screens now, one LG LED (which is IPS and what people consider bad PQ but good viewing angles ), and a 15 year old Toshiba 720p plasma which is not one of the plasma wonder years tvs (black levels are awful). While I'm a fan of quality I'm having a hard time finding the point of diminishing returns for $ and where to allocate funds - for example get the 65 inch q7g instead which reviews well against the TCL 6 series. There has not been a sale on that model, therefore the sale on this has made me jump on it, sight unseen. Also I'm leaning Hisense vs TCL because it seems to have better motion control, and less DSE - I'm much more likely to put on the hockey game than a highly cinematographic film.

I know it's a personal preference but considering I like most people on this thread are probably mostly on their phones anyways while watching tv anyway, it's good to know what the average viewer considers acceptable.

For what it's worth I'm the first person to laugh when friends of mine find no problem with the awful tv speakers of today, and no need to integrate better audio however marginal that may be (ie. soundbar)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
@taximan87 and our general audience.

This TV is objectively reasonable, objectively worthwhile for many common use cases among non-enthusiasts.

Coupled with the size, it's a very good deal indeed.

I'm simply complaining from a 'high-minded' enthusiast perspective, in hindsight I should've qualified my statement further. Me in 2018 would've killed for this deal, this panel for this price.

75" TVs of this calibre are often up to $1500, and even more just a year or two ago.

I don't want to FUD people out of a reasonable quality, satisfying, purchase.

But please, buy the Costco 5-Year Warranty. Cover your bases.
May 28, 2018
174 posts
223 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: @taximan87 and our general audience.

This TV is objectively reasonable, objectively worthwhile for many common use cases among non-enthusiasts.

Coupled with the size, it's a very good deal indeed.

I'm simply complaining from a 'high-minded' enthusiast perspective, in hindsight I should've qualified my statement further. Me in 2018 would've killed for this deal, this panel for this price.

75" TVs of this calibre are often up to $1500, and even more just a year or two ago.

I don't want to FUD people out of a reasonable quality, satisfying, purchase.

But please, buy the Costco 5-Year Warranty. Cover your bases.
Thanks man! Appreciate the honesty. The one thing as a non enthusiast I will easily spot is DSE, pixel issues, bleed etc so I will be on the lookout for that, and will buy the warranty once I decide I'm keeping it.

I'm really liking the idea of a 75 in the basement, hope it all pans out
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1176 posts
818 upvotes
Canada
Im going to be the last person on earth to finally get my price of <$700 for a Hisense 65" Android version :(

Still waiting lol...
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Apr 26, 2017
13 posts
13 upvotes
I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I will post some comments once it arrives.
Aug 24, 2009
699 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
Best quick test for DSE is to watch hockey. Even my 75x900F has minor DSE. I never see it watching anything else so I’ve let it go...
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1033 posts
318 upvotes
Kitchener
Ordered one technically on 15th (1:30am EST) - still got discount and email said "order date - Oct 14" :)

Bought 59.99 insurance separately.

Does someone know how to register this insurance? And how can I be sure this 59.99 one covers my TV?

Stay safe!
Слава Україні!