Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hisense 75-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 75R61G $899 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 6:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5343 posts
1115 upvotes
Great price for a 75" tv. I will stick to my 65" Samsung 1080P for now though as it is big enough for me and love the picture quality.
Jul 24, 2018
82 posts
99 upvotes
MB
I finally got my unit delivered. Sadly there are two spots on my screen that appear look to be damaged or stuck pixels. It only appears during dark scenes, but it's right in the lower center and pretty noticeable. It's going to be a major hassle to swap this out, 75" is massive.

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2952 posts
3944 upvotes
BC
spoonloads wrote: I finally got my unit delivered. Sadly there are two spots on my screen that appear look to be damaged or stuck pixels. It only appears during dark scenes, but it's right in the lower center and pretty noticeable. It's going to be a major hassle to swap this out, 75" is massive.

I believe you can have them pick it up as there's something wrong with it.
May 28, 2018
51 posts
25 upvotes
Got mine delivered this Saturday. Small stuck pixel and what looks like a dust particle between the screen. Not worth the return hassle and risk of getting a worse unit, cannot even see it from viewing distance unless I have a few seconds of solid light colour and I look for it.

Overall pretty solid acquisition, Roku and the processor is pretty snappy, good internet connection although my router is right beside (wireless still).

I'm sure black levels can be better, but hey, $900 for a 75 incher is what it is! Very happy with the level of DSE, looks like I got a decent panel.

Been tinkering with the settings, made some slight modifications to Movie picture mode but not that far off from default (used some online brightness and contrast guides, mostly left color and tint as is, used warm temp setting and disabled all dynamic contrast and motion control). Might flip to standard for sports watching but the main change is the colour temperature and every new temperature looks 'wrong' compared to the last. So should be good leaving it as movie mode with the slight mods.
Jul 24, 2018
82 posts
99 upvotes
MB
taximan87 wrote: Got mine delivered this Saturday. Small stuck pixel and what looks like a dust particle between the screen. Not worth the return hassle and risk of getting a worse unit, cannot even see it from viewing distance unless I have a few seconds of solid light colour and I look for it.

Overall pretty solid acquisition, Roku and the processor is pretty snappy, good internet connection although my router is right beside (wireless still).

I'm sure black levels can be better, but hey, $900 for a 75 incher is what it is! Very happy with the level of DSE, looks like I got a decent panel.

Been tinkering with the settings, made some slight modifications to Movie picture mode but not that far off from default (used some online brightness and contrast guides, mostly left color and tint as is, used warm temp setting and disabled all dynamic contrast and motion control). Might flip to standard for sports watching but the main change is the colour temperature and every new temperature looks 'wrong' compared to the last. So should be good leaving it as movie mode with the slight mods.
Looks like I'll be getting a replacement shipped next week. Sadly, Costco uses another company for the return of the defective unit so I'll be stuck with the defective unit for 2-3 weeks. These units are massive and a pain to unbox.
May 28, 2018
51 posts
25 upvotes
spoonloads wrote: Looks like I'll be getting a replacement shipped next week. Sadly, Costco uses another company for the return of the defective unit so I'll be stuck with the defective unit for 2-3 weeks. These units are massive and a pain to unbox.
Sorry to hear, fingers crossed the next one is perfect! I read a comment somewhere that you don't need to re-pack the item with Costco, don't quote me on that but maybe look into it. The flip side is do you want two people working to box a tv in your home during a pandemic I guess.
Mar 5, 2020
32 posts
12 upvotes
I am planning to buy this. It will be on sale in Walmart tonight at $898. I am hoping costco will match the price.
How are people finding it? No one posted reviews on Costco?
Aug 3, 2012
75 posts
27 upvotes
ROHITG wrote: I am planning to buy this. It will be on sale in Walmart tonight at $898. I am hoping costco will match the price.
How are people finding it? No one posted reviews on Costco?
Same boat, doesn't look good for a costco price match
Mar 5, 2020
32 posts
12 upvotes
taximan87 wrote: I got the one from this thread, 75 inch Hisense from Costco on sale
Can you please help with reviews? There is a similar deal now.
May 28, 2018
51 posts
25 upvotes
ROHITG wrote: Can you please help with reviews? There is a similar deal now.
From my own experience, the TV was worth the money and the picture quality is good. I cannot objectively rank it versus something better however, as I do not have a better TV.

Rtings did however finally do a review which was posted yesterday on the US variant R6090G, which they say goes by R61G in Canada. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/r6090g
Jan 27, 2008
770 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Chiming in here as well, the TV is good for the price. Solid picture quality for the last couple of years and noticeably better than my other TVs which are ~5 years old.

Some nitpicks:
1. The screen is relatively reflective, more so than my previous Vizio. I have to turn off some of the lamps behind the seating area to ensure there's no reflection. Wasn't as big an issue with the Vizio. Not a big deal during the daytime.
2. I got some noticeable DSE which were very noticeable during app loading screens (e.g. Amazon prime) and shows/movies with outdoor sky scenes, BUT I *think* it has gotten better and is less noticeable after the first 2-3 weeks (maybe 30 hrs of screen time) to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore.

Obviously the QLED and OLED TVs are better quality, but this is my first 4K set and for the price I am pretty content. Will look to upgrade again when OLEDs are <$1000 Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2650 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
When I add it to cart it's offering me the $59.99 coverage. Not $99 as per prior posts here.

If I don't take coverage now what is the process to add it later? and how long do I have to do so?
May 28, 2018
51 posts
25 upvotes
Tibbs wrote: When I add it to cart it's offering me the $59.99 coverage. Not $99 as per prior posts here.

If I don't take coverage now what is the process to add it later? and how long do I have to do so?
You have 90 days, you can just buy it online. Btw I called Costco AGAIN and made the agent confirm with 2nd level, and also called Asurion, the insurance provider. $59.99 is the one to get. You protect your investment, it has nothing to do with the original price.
Dec 26, 2010
226 posts
98 upvotes
Would this be an upgrade from a 2016 Vizio M-Series?