• Sep 23rd, 2015 10:32 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1264 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
NewMember12345 wrote: $150 for front and back installed eh? How's the quality?
OrangeBerry wrote: I would like to know what dash-cam is cheap enough that you managed to purchase two of them, got them installed for $150 and they offer parking mode. Please enlighten me.
It's a 2-channel, so it wasn't two dash cams, just one. Front quality is amazing, back is alright - it's good enough to read license plates. It was part of a group buy on TorontoMazda3, installed by Motormaniac:

[IMG]http://zalman.com/images/productinfo/ca ... bar_01.jpg[/IMG]

My bf bought the same one but wasn't a part of the group buy and paid $180. With the exchange rate, the price has since gone up slightly around $200 but I wouldn't consider it a "heavy cost".
Aug 26, 2009
450 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
OP didn't answer how did he get his hands on the security footage?
Jul 22, 2015
291 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I will be posting his picture in the area of the accident, also sharing his picture on social media...
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
Even with a video, it does proof that it was a hit-and-run. Unfortunately, hit-and-run incidents (with or without proof) are dealt with as a collision claim where you have to pay the deductible. Unless the other party is tracked down. It's not that the insurance doesn't believe it, it's because hit-and-runs typically have a collision deductible.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
Dashcam is not an almighty solution to protect your car. Especially when your car is parked. It's only pointing in one direction or front and rear if it has two channels. But you have to run wires to the back. I found these ones are more flexible in monitoring the car. Or you can get this one I have with two cameras. I don't borther to hook up the rear camera. The good thing for these cameras is that they are low profile and it's hard to notice.

Back to OP. I'm afraid you do have to pay the deductible if nobody is caught and somebody has to pay. The video proof just indicate it was a hit and run. It's sad but that's what it is. I paid the deductible once for a damage made by an uninsured motorist but later got it back when they found and fine the guy.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1103 posts
358 upvotes
SaskBerta
I hope you catch the id10t.

500$ at least is a lot better than 2k+. Still with the footage, you shouldn't have to pay out.

-CanadaMaple
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
CanadaMaple wrote: I hope you catch the id10t.

500$ at least is a lot better than 2k+. Still with the footage, you shouldn't have to pay out.

-CanadaMaple
id10t? lol ok there there elitist!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
OrangeBerry wrote: id10t? lol ok there there elitist!
So enlightened that you don't even bother replying back to Jenuine. Lols.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
EnyCe wrote: So enlightened that you don't even bother replying back to Jenuine. Lols.
Reply to what? He's the one who answered my question you silly boy.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Jenuine wrote: It's a 2-channel, so it wasn't two dash cams, just one. Front quality is amazing, back is alright - it's good enough to read license plates. It was part of a group buy on TorontoMazda3, installed by Motormaniac:

[IMG]http://zalman.com/images/productinfo/ca ... bar_01.jpg[/IMG]

My bf bought the same one but wasn't a part of the group buy and paid $180. With the exchange rate, the price has since gone up slightly around $200 but I wouldn't consider it a "heavy cost".
720p for front and 480p for rear. For what it's priced at, it's reasonable. I'm too accustomed to 1080p on my ITB-100 to use anything smaller. Love the quality on mine.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
OrangeBerry wrote: Reply to what? He's the one who answered my question you silly boy.
You didn't believe that Jenuine got a dashcam + installed for said price, you asked to be enlightened. Information was provided and your mouth was kept quiet lawl.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1264 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
OrangeBerry wrote: Reply to what? He's the one who answered my question you silly boy.
She*
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
EnyCe wrote: You didn't believe that Jenuine got a dashcam + installed for said price, you asked to be enlightened. Information was provided and your mouth was kept quiet lawl.
Doesn't mean I was enlightened, besides this has nothing to do with your attempt to sound cool typing 1id10t. I'd ask Jenuine to provide a video sample but for what's its worth I don't care since I already have one that records 1080p.
Jenuine wrote: She*
Yes, she.