• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 1:05 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2015
53 posts
20 upvotes
Oakville, ON

[Home Hardware] Hitachi 3 Pack 10" Mitre Saw Blades 40/60/80 Tooth $34.97

Not sure how good these are but seems like a good price. They are $49.99 on Amazon.ca with 5 star rating

They can be ordered online with free shipping to store for pickup.

7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1097 posts
847 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You get what you pay for. If used for infrequent diy jobs great.

There must be a reason why most good blades cost much more.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2015
53 posts
20 upvotes
Oakville, ON
sirxterminator wrote: You get what you pay for. If used for infrequent diy jobs great.

There must be a reason why most good blades cost much more.
That is all I'm using them for. If I was a professional then maybe I could justify the $80-$90 for a Diablo.
Nov 25, 2009
421 posts
135 upvotes
Duncan
Was looking at these too, but the reviews seemed more divided than I'd prefer. Some loved them, others complained about varied sizes of arbors, unbalanced blades and teeth breaking off after little use. Got the Dewalt 3-pack at Rona for a couple $$ more at $37.49 as the reviews looked better. Picked up the 12" 3 pack as well as $69.99 seemed like a great price and the blade on our 12" mitre was super dull after a laminate flooring job we did.
Aug 9, 2010
450 posts
329 upvotes
You get what you pay for. I stick to Freud blades and haven't had any problems. They cut like a hot knife through butter and leave a glass like finish on the wood. That being said there are also differences between Freud blades. There are the Freud blades you get from Homedespot which are meant for DIY and the Freud industrial blades which you can get from contractor stores or amazon for almost the same price. The industrial blades are even better than the regular.

I use a regular Freud blade on my circular saw. One time I was ripping a piece off a sheet of plywood and I didnt notice the plywood had shifted. I was nearly done when sparks started flying. I had ripped a good ways through my steel saw horses and it didn't cause any damage to the blade I could see - not a chipped or dull tooth that I could see. It still cuts beautifully.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7053 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
These blades are OK.

I've used them on my bosch CMS and table saw.
Not as good as my freud blade, but still good.
Also, I found a little saw blade wax helps.
Apr 11, 2003
686 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton
g_althena wrote: Was looking at these too, but the reviews seemed more divided than I'd prefer. Some loved them, others complained about varied sizes of arbors, unbalanced blades and teeth breaking off after little use. Got the Dewalt 3-pack at Rona for a couple $$ more at $37.49 as the reviews looked better. Picked up the 12" 3 pack as well as $69.99 seemed like a great price and the blade on our 12" mitre was super dull after a laminate flooring job we did.
As I understand it, just about any blade is going to be messed up after doing laminate due to the coating on the laminate. Get a laminate blade for the project, and consider it a one time cost as part of the project, is what I've always done. Once I started doing that, and not using general purpose wood blades, the flooring is SOoooo much better.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2015
53 posts
20 upvotes
Oakville, ON
g_althena wrote: Was looking at these too, but the reviews seemed more divided than I'd prefer. Some loved them, others complained about varied sizes of arbors, unbalanced blades and teeth breaking off after little use. Got the Dewalt 3-pack at Rona for a couple $$ more at $37.49 as the reviews looked better. Picked up the 12" 3 pack as well as $69.99 seemed like a great price and the blade on our 12" mitre was super dull after a laminate flooring job we did.
Hmmm perhaps I will go with those Dewalt blades. PM at lowes and works out to pretty much the same price as the Hitachi.