• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2008 3:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
17 posts

Is HMV reliable for games?

I'm just wondering because I got a gift card from a friend who got it from there. Is HMV good with games? I was hoping to buy Super Smash Bros. Brawl and was hoping they would get it upon release date. I went to one of their stores (Scarborough Town Centre) and asked them about it and all they found was the Melee version because I wanted to pre-order one > :( . Thanks.
*Found my Wii and should change my name :P*
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7914 posts
531 upvotes
Brampton
if your ordering online be prepared to wait till 2 weeks after the game release date. I ordered when they had that $15 off coupon and had to wait a while but it was $10 less than everywhere else.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
17 posts
My real question is really, is HMV dedicated to getting games as soon as possible like BB or FS in stores that is?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
WiiLookerXD wrote: My real question is really, is HMV dedicated to getting games as soon as possible like BB or FS in stores that is?
only for the big games. anyway, it is expensive there
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10794 posts
668 upvotes
Scarborough
the games there are generally $10 more than anywhere else, but sometimes some games are cheaper but not by much.

don't know what you mean by reliable.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
17 posts
Okay, thanks guys. The only possible reason for me wanting to buy there is because of my $25 gift card :D . One last question, you think I would have to like camp outside for it or just head on in during release day because my gift card only works in store.
Dec 4, 2007
211 posts
vancouver
WiiLookerXD wrote: Okay, thanks guys. The only possible reason for me wanting to buy there is because of my $25 gift card :D . One last question, you think I would have to like camp outside for it or just head on in during release day because my gift card only works in store.
just pre-order it
I don't know what to put here :-0
Apr 20, 2005
693 posts
7 upvotes
British Columbia
HMV is NOT reliable for pre-orders. They generally only carry the bigger/more popular titles as a way to get more customers in the store, but they're in no way comparible to a game store or even Future Shop/Best Buy. They also charge more for most of their games than their competitors. Yuck.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
17 posts
qrayzie wrote: HMV is NOT reliable for pre-orders. They generally only carry the bigger/more popular titles as a way to get more customers in the store, but they're in no way comparible to a game store or even Future Shop/Best Buy. They also charge more for most of their games than their competitors. Yuck.
Thanks for the heads up. I suppose it's time for camping :cheesygri .
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2006
1884 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
For the most part, their DS and Wii games are normally priced or priced lower or very close to SPR (suggested retail price).
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1019 posts
4 upvotes
the_fm wrote: only for the big games. anyway, it is expensive there
agreed...