[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22346 posts
26754 upvotes
Toronto

[Hogtown Smoke] Toronto - $30 AYCE Mondays

Deal Link:
Supposed to be one of the better BBQ places. $30 but must buy drink too. AYCE . A basic rack at most rib fests is normally $20. $30 + drink could mean a lot of meat for a hungry person . Mondays 4PM onward.

"One employee says it's like going for AYCE sushi: diners get a sheet of paper with the menu on it and they can use it to choose up to two starters, four mains and two sides on each one. If they're still hungry, they can do another round."

full menu here

Ye wife is in me dms baby.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
Deals like these make me wish I could dislocate my jaw like a python. Swallow those ribs whole, bone and all, and then regurgitate them for the family when I get home from the restaurant.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19888 posts
9321 upvotes
Oakville
These guys had a food truck at RiotFest the last two years. I'm no BBQ expert, but their brisket poutine is AMAZEBALLS.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11941 posts
1729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ElHoardo wrote: Deals like these make me wish I could dislocate my jaw like a python. Swallow those ribs whole, bone and all, and then regurgitate them for the family when I get home from the restaurant.
At the CNE ribfest a few years ago, I saw a seagull swallow an entire rib bone that it found on the ground.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22346 posts
26754 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: At the CNE ribfest a few years ago, I saw a seagull swallow an entire rib bone that it found on the ground.
Had a similar experience. Took bucket of KFC to Toronto Islands for a picnic. Found a hungry seagull willing to eat all the leftover chicken bones. Tougher bird than me!
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1218 posts
41 upvotes
It'll come out to about $40/per person after drink and tip? Is it worth it?
Jan 27, 2010
229 posts
103 upvotes
Terrana
akky wrote: It'll come out to about $40/per person after drink and tip? Is it worth it?
I don't know about the value but hog town smoke is delicious!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2396 posts
820 upvotes
akky wrote: It'll come out to about $40/per person after drink and tip? Is it worth it?
AYCE + Drink + Tax + Tip will come out well over $40...more like $50?
I think it's worth it to try..their reviews are generally good.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4052 posts
1086 upvotes
It's a good deal if you compare it to the "create your own platter", which is $35 per person

If you're not one to sample various dishes, then it's probably not for you.

Also, as a point of reference, Barque charges $35 for their "Family Night" meal (which isn't technically AYCE, but you're pretty much guaranteed to be leaving with a doggy bag)
Ebay - 275 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 93 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6231 posts
2511 upvotes
Canuckland
They take a while to bring it and there is a limit of how many portions you can order each time. Not worth it unless you plan to stay for 2 hours.

Pieces are single ones and limit of 4

Not that many selection and service is slow.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6231 posts
2511 upvotes
Canuckland
Went for 5 rounds to make my money's worth :lol:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27844 posts
13441 upvotes
That all depends on how much you can eat.
$40 buys me about 2 full racks and enough supplies to smoke it.
But I'd still pay for it if I was really hungry.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
4786 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Queen street east in the Beaches is one of the most difficult area for new restaurants to survive. Lots of competition, slow winters and massive rents many eateries close within a year...that this one has survived suggests it is good!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20967 posts
9266 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: Went for 5 rounds to make my money's worth :lol:
Apart from quantity, can you provide some insight into quality?
Jan 3, 2007
111 posts
92 upvotes
I've eaten at the food truck a couple times and ordered take out a couple times.

Food is very good; expensive, but is the nature of real BBQ. I would eat there again.

I find the service a little frazzled, but might be part of the cramped space they have for bar/cash/ordering.

It's a pretty small place, so if the AYCE gets popular I can see it being very uncomfortable in there, both physically and pressure to not have the 6th serving.
Dec 24, 2014
100 posts
38 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
probs not worth for most people, instead check out Big Bone BBQ. Food is decent. Their Monday special is a full rack of rib, a pound of wings, and a large side (fries/salad/onion rings) for $25, tax in. It's enough food to keep me bloated for 2 meals, or decently portioned for 3.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19888 posts
9321 upvotes
Oakville
hraeta wrote: probs not worth for most people, instead check out Big Bone BBQ. Food is decent. Their Monday special is a full rack of rib, a pound of wings, and a large side (fries/salad/onion rings) for $25, tax in. It's enough food to keep me bloated for 2 meals, or decently portioned for 3.
For me, the fun of AYCE is getting to try out a bunch of different things.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1147 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Mixed reviews on this place. Menu prices are a little on the high side. Never blown away by the food truck previously. $22 Burgers, $48 Large baby back ribs? C'mon. Guess that makes the AYCE a little more attractive.
Oct 22, 2004
391 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
hraeta wrote: probs not worth for most people, instead check out Big Bone BBQ. Food is decent. Their Monday special is a full rack of rib, a pound of wings, and a large side (fries/salad/onion rings) for $25, tax in. It's enough food to keep me bloated for 2 meals, or decently portioned for 3.
Is that advertised anywhere? And at all locations? That's a really good deal...
Heatware: Rhombuss
Dec 24, 2014
100 posts
38 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
Rhombuss wrote: Is that advertised anywhere? And at all locations? That's a really good deal...
Maybe once upon a time. That special has been going on for at least 2 years now! I frequent the Markham location, one of my coworkers said the maple location also does this. Not sure bout the rest.