Travel

Holiday Inn resort in Montego Bay big enough for 7 nights?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2018 10:26 am
[OP]
Oct 18, 2006
229 posts
87 upvotes
Ajax

Holiday Inn resort in Montego Bay big enough for 7 nights?

I am just in the midst of planning a summer getaway and need help in deciding between two resorts in Jamaica. I have found a great deal for the 7 days at the Holiday Inn in Montego Bay starting July 30 @ just over $4000 for 2 adults and 2 children aged 10/13.

The resort get mostly positive reviews but looking at the pictures it appears relatively small. My worry is over the 7 days we will be running around doing the same things day after day. Our prior 2 vacations have been to the Bahia Principe in Riviera Maya where the grounds are massive and their is always something new to do everyday.

The other resort we are thinking about is the Bahia in Runaway Bay. We can get this resort for $4600 but just for 5 days. Although this resort gets slightly lower reviews it seems to be a much bigger upscale resort then the Holiday Inn with maybe more things to do?

Just looking for the forums advice on what to do. We are used to a more upscale experience so leaning toward Bahia but on the other hand maybe we stay at the Holiday Inn and use the extra money towards a few trips out. Maybe Dunn’s Falls or Para Sailing.

So extra days and activities or less days but in a more comfortable environment and maybe more to do on the resort. First time in Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Jm by the way.

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2727 posts
1989 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
eronius_monk wrote: I am just in the midst of planning a summer getaway and need help in deciding between two resorts in Jamaica. I have found a great deal for the 7 days at the Holiday Inn in Montego Bay starting July 30 @ just over $4000 for 2 adults and 2 children aged 10/13.

The resort get mostly positive reviews but looking at the pictures it appears relatively small. My worry is over the 7 days we will be running around doing the same things day after day. Our prior 2 vacations have been to the Bahia Principe in Riviera Maya where the grounds are massive and their is always something new to do everyday.

The other resort we are thinking about is the Bahia in Runaway Bay. We can get this resort for $4600 but just for 5 days. Although this resort gets slightly lower reviews it seems to be a much bigger upscale resort then the Holiday Inn with maybe more things to do?

Just looking for the forums advice on what to do. We are used to a more upscale experience so leaning toward Bahia but on the other hand maybe we stay at the Holiday Inn and use the extra money towards a few trips out. Maybe Dunn’s Falls or Para Sailing.

So extra days and activities or less days but in a more comfortable environment and maybe more to do on the resort. First time in Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Jm by the way.

Thanks in advance.
I'd probably go with the Bahia Principe overall for amenities, quality and service. Beach is nicer too imho.

Holiday Inn isn't terrible but it's def more basic and certainly a downgrade.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23443 posts
22398 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Two general points...

First:

If you choose the Holiday Inn, JOIN THE IHG LOYALTY PROGRAM BEFORE YOU BOOK

And as a member explore what pricing would be if you bought your hotel & airfare separate ... as there are often deals with the hotels for members such as FREE Nights after so many nights booked at one property

At any rate, as a IHG Member you’d qualify for any perks, room upgrades, Points etc most likely even if bought the Vacation Pkg elsewhere (although not always if it was thru an Online Travel Discounter like Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline etc)

This is where it is worthwhile checking around for prices

In any case, if you choose Holiday Inn, do tell them you are a Loyalty Member at Check In ... we have 3 things in hand when we arrive... ID, Credit Card & Loyalty Card / Number

Hotel Front Desks DO HAVE THE POWER to change things, provide member perks, upgrades etc. Even if the booking was made elsewhere

Second:

End of July / Beginning of August and Hurricane Season is ramping up... do your research BEFORE YOU BOOK regarding Travel Insurance. Look for a supplier that will let you CANCEL FOR ANY REASON. Cause then if the National Hurricane Center is reporting an upcoming hurricane you’ll be able to get out of the trip BEFORE your fly date, and not find yourself stranded in Jamaica, or just jetting off for a few hours / Days (many folks in that situation during last year’s Hurricane Season... really peeved cause they wasted their vacation flying nowhere fast, and then flying back home again)

Don’t take Travel Insurance lightly during Hurricane Season... especially as you are headed to one of the islands in the MAIN CORRIDOR