Expired Hot Deals

Locked: Holiday Wireless Plans BC/AB/ON/Targetted

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 2:04 pm
Feb 16, 2011
27 posts
5 upvotes
Any one have the retention/loyalty number for Ontario? Want to call in. I am on their $50/4GB BYOD plan..
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1552 posts
871 upvotes
condo
prakash132 wrote: Called in and these are the details,

These plans are eligible only for Chatr/Rogers Pay as you Go customers. and below are the plans offered,

$20 - unlimited talk and text [no data]
$40 - Unlimited Canada wide talk and text [4GB data]]
$50 - Unlimited Canada wide talk and text [6GB data]]

They are not share everything plan.
Do you need to be an existing Chatr or Rogers PAYG customer? Are new customers eligible? What are the restrictions in terms of coverage etc...
Nov 25, 2014
366 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON

These plans are eligible only for Chatr/Rogers Pay as you Go customers. and below are the plans offered,

What province? And what phone number did you call?
😎 Koodo 6GB / $40 😎
Mar 7, 2015
18 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey, BC

Did they mention how long you'd need to be a payg customer to qualify?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1552 posts
871 upvotes
condo

I'm assuming the data will be throttled to 3G speed since it'll be on Chatr...
Mar 15, 2012
100 posts
162 upvotes
tmonies wrote: Do you need to be an existing Chatr or Rogers PAYG customer? Are new customers eligible? What are the restrictions in terms of coverage etc...
Yes you must be a current chatr/Rogers PAYG customer for atleast 30 days.

No restrictions on the coverage and its the same LTE.
Mar 15, 2012
100 posts
162 upvotes
severeawesomeattacks wrote: Did they mention how long you'd need to be a payg customer to qualify?
30 days.
Oct 3, 2005
235 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton

Thank you for calling in to check on this. Do the plans include call display and voicemail?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1552 posts
871 upvotes
condo
Hopefully this will cause Public Mobile to up their game and offer some better plans! They've been slowly increasing the price over the past year... same with Fido's $40/4GB plan that is not $45/4GB
Sep 14, 2008
154 posts
102 upvotes
Does anyone know if we'll retain this price after a year or do they reserve the right to change it after a year?

I used to have a grandfathered plan and I had switched to the $120 talk/text eve/wkds which they have now increased to $180. So I don't want to go through switching to another plan and have a good chance of them increasing the price after a year.
Mar 15, 2012
100 posts
162 upvotes
milobloom wrote: Thank you for calling in to check on this. Do the plans include call display and voicemail?
I just converted from my chatr and I do see voicemail and LTE..call display meaning ? our name displayed while calling others ? I didn't check on that..And I did this in a store in GTA. Not sure about other provinces.
Last edited by prakash132 on Dec 14th, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2010
107 posts
49 upvotes
Are there share everything plans price per line or total between the 2?
Nov 26, 2009
69 posts
92 upvotes
Called in to the regular customer service line and was transferred to the loyalty/retention department. Asked about the plan and at first she was unsure about the promo. After putting me on holding she confirmed it was for rogers and chatr customers only. I asked if I could also receive the promo price and she put me on hold once again. She came back and asked if I wanted the 4gb or 6gb promo - lol. I currently have the rogers 4gb for 50 Loyalty plan so I stuck with the 4gb for $40.

Included in the plan is:
Unlimited evening and weekend
Canada wide LD
Voicemail, call display, unlimited txt

Thanks OP!! GLTA
Feb 7, 2012
660 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
dangersun wrote: Called in to the regular customer service line and was transferred to the loyalty/retention department. Asked about the plan and at first she was unsure about the promo. After putting me on holding she confirmed it was for rogers and chatr customers only. I asked if I could also receive the promo price and she put me on hold once again. She came back and asked if I wanted the 4gb or 6gb promo - lol. I currently have the rogers 4gb for 50 Loyalty plan so I stuck with the 4gb for $40.

Included in the plan is:
Unlimited evening and weekend
Canada wide LD
Voicemail, call display, unlimited txt

Thanks OP!! GLTA
sweet! on the phone with loyalty right now, crossing fingers she makes the same exception for me!
i have 2 lines on the $50 loyalty plan, i'd like to downgrade one to save $10 and upgrade the other to get an extra 2G, i still save $10/month doing that!

edit: got it! she was only willing to switch one plan so i chose the 6gb for $50 and kept the other loyalty plan from last year.
Last edited by frugette on Dec 14th, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2017
4 posts
8 upvotes
Public wont be getting any cheaper. The thing with Public and Chatr is they are prepaid and intended to funnel people into Koodo and Fido.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)