Locked: Holiday Wireless Plans BC/AB/ON/Targetted

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1405 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
timv78 wrote: Tried business chat myself. They acknowledged the promo plans for AB and BC. They also verified the codes listed in this thread but wouldn't switch my business plan to any of them. Watching for a deal elsewhere now. Been with Rogers 14 years. Looks like time for a change.
head on over to koodo for 10gb at 60/mth, thank god rogers turned me down lol
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2010 posts
1267 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Is it worth it to switch to this from the Public Mobile $38/month 4gb plan?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5098 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto
specialoffers wrote: I am with virgin mobile $45 6 gig plan on BYOD. Idk if its worth to pay extra $15 for 4 gig. I never reached my limit so far.
Why pay an extra $180 a year for something you don't need?
Nov 12, 2011
751 posts
288 upvotes
Ontario
There's also a $20 plan with unlimited Canada wide call and text, includes caller ID, voice mail. no data
May 5, 2006
680 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
vanlinda wrote: If it's not a big deal, try asking nicely when you go in store. I did it before and they gave me 2 for free
If you guys have iPhones, technically you can go into an Apple Store and ask them for a sim card.....
Nov 26, 2016
225 posts
395 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Is it worth it to switch to this from the Public Mobile $38/month 4gb plan?
Oh Yes! Definitely
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2617 posts
638 upvotes
For anyone already on Koodo with an out of market plan who wants to switch to this plan, these are the steps:

1. Port your existing Koodo number to a prepaid line (Koodo/Telus prepaid port quickly).

2. Activate a Koodo account with the plan posted in this thread from a Koodo store and provide the account details for the ported number. Another poster here has recommended adding a line within your existing Koodo account in order to avoid the credit check.

3. Cancel your original Koodo account.

Note - You will be hit with another credit check.
Last edited by hi-tech on Dec 15th, 2017 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 28, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: What is 25% discount ??
I work for Loblaws so I get 25% off
Aug 20, 2007
177 posts
193 upvotes
I just called, she didn't know anything about this, but she did knock off $10 off my plan.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Sep 7, 2008
158 posts
25 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Is it worth it to switch to this from the Public Mobile $38/month 4gb plan?
I am in the same category. I think I will keep the 4 gb public mobile plan since I never go over 4 GB. I agree extra 6 GB for 22 dollars is enticing but public mobile's 12 gb over 3 months is pretty good, especially say if you only use 6 gb in first 2 months, then you have 6 gb for the 3rd month.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2844 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
Wow this really good.
Was almost tempted to jump on this from my current plan.
Dec 14, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
blue dragon wrote: Was post paid with $65 2GB + 2GB no tab retention plan. I asked for the plan specifically, and mentioned freedom mobile's big data $60 plan for 10 GB and $50 for GB was cheaper than what I had for more data. The whole process took less than 5 minutes once I had gotten through to a customer relations rep
Did you do this over the phone or via chat? I also have that $65 2GB + 2GB no tab on one my lines on my account and the retention rep told me that my account is not qualified for that migration plan..
Dec 28, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
mysttz wrote: Port out to Prepaid, go to Mobile Shop and sign up, then port your number back in. Unless you are on 2yr TAB then you will have to pay that off.
Well I don't have a tab. I'll ask and see how well it goes. Thanks
Sep 30, 2001
28355 posts
7353 upvotes
Toronto
hi-tech wrote: 1. Port your existing Koodo number to a prepaid line (Koodo/Telus prepaid port quickly).
do you have more details on this? I'm looking at my self-service portal and i'm not sure which plan i would switch to for prepaid.
2. Activate a Koodo account with the plan posted in this thread from a Koodo store and provide the account details for the ported number.
won't step 2 automatically cancel the original account?
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1348 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
hi-tech wrote: For anyone already on Koodo with an out of market plan who wants to switch to this plan, these are the steps:

1. Port your existing Koodo number to a prepaid line (Koodo/Telus prepaid port quickly).

2. Activate a Koodo account with the plan posted in this thread from a Koodo store and provide the account details for the ported number.

Note - You will be hit with another credit check.
So I would have to go activate a pre paid sim with koodo or telus first?