Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Holland America 7-day caribbean cruise: Balcony $599 USD+tax/fee; 3rd/4th guest free

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2015 5:49 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2003
909 posts
1146 upvotes
Ottawa

Holland America 7-day caribbean cruise: Balcony $599 USD+tax/fee; 3rd/4th guest free

Deal Link:
Price:
$599
http://www.prestigecruises.com/index.cf ... ribbean520

http://www.travelzoo.com/cruises/caribb ... 0-DealLink

It is one of TOP 20 deals of Travelzoo.

The days for this price ($599) are Nov 28, Nov 29, Dec 5, Dec 6, Dec 12, Dec 13, 7-day Eastern Caribbean or 7-day Western Caribbean. Price in other days is slightly higher.

Round-trip from/to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

For two adults and two kids, the total price is less than $1800 USD (including taxes/fees), Balcony room
For four adults, the price is same, if 4 adults do not mind to share a room :D

Highlights:
-- 3rd & 4th Guests Sail Free
-- $599 balcony room

-- Onboard Credit: $50 or more (not much)

Here are screenshots (the stateroom plan varies on different ships)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/upAaM0B.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mEnZF6T.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VXBVqa9.png[/IMG]
58 replies
Jun 12, 2010
695 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
That sounds like a solid deal!! How is Holland America though? Is it better than Carnival?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
Food & Drinks are all separate? How much should one reasonably expect to spend on food for the duration of this trip? Do they jack the prices up in all of the restaurants? Never been on a cruise before.
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Nov 24, 2014
399 posts
467 upvotes
Windsor, ON
ElHoardo wrote: Food & Drinks are all separate? How much should one reasonably expect to spend on food for the duration of this trip? Do they jack the prices up in all of the restaurants? Never been on a cruise before.
For four people? A lot. You're going to spend a lot on food and drink. That's a deal breaker for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
I think you need an AARP card for this cruise line.

I didn't know kids went on this cruise line. Maybe kids with their grandparents, lol.

Food is included on a cruise. It is basically all you can eat for the duration.
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
Not a bad fare but Holland America really isn't geared toward kids.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2751 upvotes
Vancouver
I actually called them up and may put a deposit down.

The only negative that may prevent from doing so is the ship. It's small and old.

Usually only big and new ships interest me nowadays.
Dec 11, 2003
909 posts
1146 upvotes
Ottawa
mike229 wrote: That sounds like a solid deal!! How is Holland America though? Is it better than Carnival?
Never shipped with HAL before. From online review, HAL may not have many programs for kids, although there is kid zone on the ships.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
How can food and drink be separate? Unless you go for the optional dining, otherwise eat is free in the main dining room or other venues.
Dec 11, 2003
909 posts
1146 upvotes
Ottawa
ElHoardo wrote: Food & Drinks are all separate? How much should one reasonably expect to spend on food for the duration of this trip? Do they jack the prices up in all of the restaurants? Never been on a cruise before.
The food is included (not sure if there is additional fee if make reservation at special restaurants on the ship).
Drink is not included, I think, but you may bring non-alcohol drinks if needed.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Food and drinks are separate? Where did you see that? If true, that's ridiculous.
Dec 19, 2006
464 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
althetrainer wrote: Food and drinks are separate? Where did you see that? If true, that's ridiculous.
Alcohol and soda are not included. Meals are, but not specialty dining.
Jun 4, 2011
343 posts
74 upvotes
Mississauga
What is the most efficient way to get to Fort Lauderdale?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
ravine wrote: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470

Bottoms Up! A Guide to Cruise Line All-You-Can-Drink Packages
Did this once on a Royal Caribbean Cruise and would do it again in a second. Prepaying the drinks and not worrying about the bill at the end is worth its weight in gold. Plus tips are included so there is no obligation to tip per drink at the bar, just tipped certain bartenders extra if they were awesome.
Jul 25, 2006
67 posts
6 upvotes
HAL has older ships and the cliental is older as well. With airfare and hotel before and after, you are probably looking at $5K in totla.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
So it's just drinks, not regular meals. I don't care about booze and soda but coffee? Hmmm....
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
dsouzaec wrote: What is the most efficient way to get to Fort Lauderdale?
I would say rickshaw.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1154 posts
405 upvotes
Victoria
Sook Mii wrote: Alcohol and soda are not included. Meals are, but not specialty dining.
Done 26 cruises, 2 with Holland America and noticed that Holland America passengers are mostly 70+
If you can deal with all those walkers and wheel chairs in your way you will be fine.
On the first Holland America cruise most of these older folks where in bed by 9PM and is a really odd thing walking around on the ship not seeing to many other passengers.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)