Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hollywood Suite

Free Preview of Hollywood Suite Movie Channels - Dec 1st - Jan 5th

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 10:18 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8856 posts
5848 upvotes
Global Village

Free Preview of Hollywood Suite Movie Channels - Dec 1st - Jan 5th

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 6, 2022
Retailer:
Hollywood Suite
It's that time of the year again, free movie channels (HD Movies without ads) from Dec 1 2021 - Jan 5 2022. Should be all providers in the link below:

https://hollywoodsuite.ca/subscribe/

https://hollywoodsuite.ca/schedule/
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3265 posts
3532 upvotes
Sucks Bell blocks recording these movies now. Well they did this last year, so assuming will be the same again this year
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
5157 posts
3452 upvotes
Ha, didn't see this thread. I accidentally signed up for the 30 days free trial today with Amazon Prime instead. Mine expires on December 30th. :(
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2876 posts
5004 upvotes
Toronto
Not working on Amazon Prime. Still shows Subsribe Trial.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24580 posts
34228 upvotes
Toronto
So sad they got rid of the dedicated app. Was easy way to watch on mobile/Roku

However, for Rogers customers, it is now working with the Ignite app
Images
  • Screenshot_20211201-084620_Ignite TV.jpg
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8856 posts
5848 upvotes
Global Village
sprung wrote: So sad they got rid of the dedicated app. Was easy way to watch on mobile/Roku

However, for Rogers customers, it is now working with the Ignite app
Just checked, all 4 channels and the on-demand service are working on the Rogers non-Ignite TV service.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8856 posts
5848 upvotes
Global Village
eelw11 wrote: Sucks Bell blocks recording these movies now. Well they did this last year, so assuming will be the same again this year
The Bell PVR's can't record the movies the channels show?

Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3265 posts
3532 upvotes
scoper wrote: The Bell PVR's can't record the movies the channels show?
DRM must have determined channel was only under preview. So unfortunately last year, couldn’t record movies. Prior years previews, I still have movies saved on the PVR
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8856 posts
5848 upvotes
Global Village
Kishnabe wrote: Not working on Amazon Prime. Still shows Subsribe Trial.
99bimmer wrote: Not free for Amazon Prime.
With Prime the channels don't activate automatically like with cable, the way to get them is to activate the 1 month free trial.

Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24580 posts
34228 upvotes
Toronto
Casting works flawlessly. Logged into Ignite on laptop via Chrome. Cast from there to Chromecast
Images
  • 20211202_210149.jpg
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Aug 11, 2011
23 posts
21 upvotes
Oakville, ON
eelw11 wrote: DRM must have determined channel was only under preview. So unfortunately last year, couldn’t record movies. Prior years previews, I still have movies saved on the PVR
It's working for me, But only after midnight Dec 1. I recorded and watched "Falling Down" last night with Michael Douglas.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7831 posts
8519 upvotes
Vancouver
I decided to keep our cable TV subscription one more month over Christmas because of the higher-than-usual number of free preview channels, including Hollywood Suite.

But it's no good, we're just not watching them, or any cable TV for that matter. The intrusive advertising on regular network programs is relentless. Even on channels that avoid interrupting movies, we have just fallen out of the habit of watching content that other people schedule for us, even with the PVR for time-shifting. The last thing we were watching regularly was the local news, but that's all on the internet now (only 2 channels receivable OTH here with any reliability).

For the cost of the most minimal cable TV subscription you can subscribe to 2 streaming services and rotate new ones monthly to get new content.