• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 5:21 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2018
6 posts

home appraisal

just a random question..... can anyone come and appraise my house without showing the name on the title??
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1684 posts
601 upvotes
Calgary
What? you can pay for an appraisal and blank out your name?
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12217 posts
8629 upvotes
Edmonton
weaksauce18 wrote: just a random question..... can anyone come and appraise my house without showing the name on the title??
Rather than ask a simple yes/no question, you might want to give more clarity on what it is you're actually asking.

To answer your basic question, we were able to get an appraisal done on our last house purchase before we had title to the property, and it was done as a "drive-by" (i.e. appraiser didn't go into the house). So that would be a yes.

Or maybe I mis-understand your question, and you're asking if an appraisal can be generated without your name on the appraisal document. Again, not really sure the purpose of that, since the owner(s) on title is publicly available at both the municipality and land titles offices.

C
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1684 posts
601 upvotes
Calgary
CNeufeld wrote: Rather than ask a simple yes/no question, you might want to give more clarity on what it is you're actually asking.

To answer your basic question, we were able to get an appraisal done on our last house purchase before we had title to the property, and it was done as a "drive-by" (i.e. appraiser didn't go into the house). So that would be a yes.

C
Was that done by a bank? my understanding is that the bank wouldnt share the appraisal in that situation as that would exclusively be for the bank use.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2018
6 posts
just cuz my ex gf... send me one today... not sure why shes not on the title ... so i thought that was weird that she was able to do that without the title
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12217 posts
8629 upvotes
Edmonton
masarwar wrote: Was that done by a bank? my understanding is that the bank wouldnt share the appraisal in that situation as that would exclusively be for the bank use.
Ours was done at the bank's request (through our mortgage broker), and we did get a copy of it. Just checked through it, and it has no mention of the owner's name on it. Just ours, as the client's requesting the appraisal.

C
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1684 posts
601 upvotes
Calgary
CNeufeld wrote: Ours was done at the bank's request (through our mortgage broker), and we did get a copy of it. Just checked through it, and it has no mention of the owner's name on it. Just ours, as the client's requesting the appraisal.

C
yup no mention of the name on the title!