None
[OP]
Aug 26, 2019
38 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Home Central Humidifier

Hi,
Newly built home 2600sqft. Looking for central humidifier. We live in Toronto and use lot of heat. Last year i saw gaps between hardwood. Please suggest.
4 replies
Nov 2, 2015
180 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville
Hi,

There are many different types of humidifiers as well as sizes. Sizing is important to ensure humidity can reach all areas of the home. In your case a 17k humidifier or fan powered humidifier would be needed to adequately humidify. If you have a modulating furnace you would need a fan assist or steam humidifier . I prefer the brands April Aire and Healthy Climate Solutions. I run into a lot of trouble with Honeywell
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2645 posts
1006 upvotes
Woodbridge
I agree that Aprilaire makes much superior product than Honeywell especially when it comes to humidifiers. For sizing you can use below chart
https://www.filtersusa.com/humidifier-sizing-chart
NarayanaRaoK543241 wrote: Hi,
Newly built home 2600sqft. Looking for central humidifier. We live in Toronto and use lot of heat. Last year i saw gaps between hardwood. Please suggest.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Central Air Condition Group Buy-2021
Nov 29, 2013
9 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had used last week @newlyborn (Ash) Fair Deal HVAC for my humidifier installation after l got his reference and info from RFD ,I had very good experience with him he was very informative ,pro,and reliable . Im very happy with his work so far and I would definitely recommend his service to everyone .
Thank you Ash for great service and information ,
Jan 13, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
I bought Aprilair 700m installed myself and paired with Nest thermostat, works like a charm!