Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] 149$ Milwaukee M12 FUEL - free battery with select purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
2121 posts
1068 upvotes
Ordered 3 for pick up and 1 for shipping.

We will see tomorrow.
Mar 21, 2019
29 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
How do you get the two 6 amp batteries? I added them to cart and I see one but maybe it's dead now
Apr 26, 2019
56 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
Placed an order for 2 free batteries as well.
Mar 21, 2019
29 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I only see 1 free battery or do I change the quantity of the batteries
Apr 26, 2019
56 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
AdamN8304 wrote: I only see 1 free battery or do I change the quantity of the batteries
I ordered a drill and added another battery manually. The drill adds one and the second battery you added is also discounted. I ordered on the mobile app. Not sure of that makes a difference.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Oct 29, 2016
310 posts
141 upvotes
Do you ever feel bad about doing things like this? I can't imagine HD isn't losing money on this.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: What can you keep if you return the tools. I'm assuming the free batteries and the extra glitched free batteries cannot be refunded for their full price since they're free here???

In my cart right now there is both tools and 4 extra free batteries because of the glitched cart. If I return only the tools boxes in store for full refund, will they require the free batteries too to accept the return?
You can't keep anything for free if you return the tools...
Depending on how the online store has done it, Home depot assigns a value, based on the %age value it is to what you're paying for, for the free items, and that becomes the max refund value.

For instance, when they had the free GH Mini with Nest thermostat offer last year, even though the GH Mini was free, it had a return value of $41.20, and the $259 thermostat, or whatever it was that I paid, had a max return value of $217.80, totaling $259.

Just need to figure out what the value of the free item is percentage wise to the paid item, in this case, about 18%, and then both are discounted by that amount. At least here it was. It'll be interesting to see what value they give to the free battery. Would still be worthwhile to return the tool kit if you don't need it and keep the battery at the reduced rate, possibly.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 22, 2014
731 posts
554 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: What happens if you return these in store? Do you get your exact money back or will they refund the battery for it's full price?
So even the glitch is not good enough for you? Wanna milk them even more?
Mar 20, 2017
163 posts
235 upvotes
Just ordered with 2 free batteries for pickup at store. Will update to see if it goes through. I will be returning both 6.0 batteries as I already have a few unopened 4.0
Nov 21, 2018
48 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
User381589 wrote: Do you ever feel bad about doing things like this? I can't imagine HD isn't losing money on this.
HD is a huge multinational company with nearly a hundred billion in sales yearly. Yes this won't look good on HD canada corporate, but theyre not really going to feel it that bad.

This is about your opinion/ethical compass. Do you usually drive the speed limit?

FYI, I feel the same level of apprehension.
Mar 21, 2019
29 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm the confirmation says 168 but my email says 268 guess it charged me for the second battery
Dec 29, 2017
298 posts
157 upvotes
User381589 wrote: Do you ever feel bad about doing things like this? I can't imagine HD isn't losing money on this.
It’s all about maintaining brand image, many brands won’t allow retailers to discount below a set price.

I decided to order one of each, so we’ll see if I can sell it, otherwise back it goes as I do not need this lol my m18 tools are amazing, just a bit heavier.

I rent a drain auger at least once a year, I just spent a ton on the camera snake and I was disappointed in the quality so no remorse here, HD still wins.
AdamN8304 wrote: Hmm the confirmation says 168 but my email says 268 guess it charged me for the second battery
My CC and confirmation shows $168, placed the orders 5mins ago
Mar 21, 2019
29 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
My cc shows 268 I think I did it right added the impact to cart then added the other battery manually and checked out
Dec 29, 2017
298 posts
157 upvotes
AdamN8304 wrote: My cc shows 268 I think I did it right added the impact to cart then added the other battery manually and checked out
Try again? I used mobile Chrome. Did not seem to matter what order I added the extra battery.

It’s possible that you added 3 batteries by mistake if you changed the quantity to 2 in your cart. It should be 1 quantity of each separated.
Last edited by ODoyleRulz on Oct 5th, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.