[Home Depot] 149$ Milwaukee M12 FUEL - free battery with select purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 1:39 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3553 posts
3166 upvotes
Muskoka
Jayyyyyyyy wrote: I’m planning to get just one. Which one should I go for? Thanks!
I use my impact driver WAY more than my hammer drill. Mainly because it has so many more applications. HD is also selling a nonFuel M18 kit that includes impact driver and and hammer drill with 2 3.0amp batteries and bag for $199.
Public Mobile
Nov 26, 2008
809 posts
445 upvotes
GTA
I wish this was the surge or hydraulic version. I was at Atlas tools and it’s pretty quiet compared to the other version.

I even spoke to a rep and he said I wouldn’t see it at Home Depot...I guess that might change soon.

The Atlas tool guy said both of these are leaps and bounds quieter than my current dewalt setup.

Might be something to consider for some depending on work location.
Jul 19, 2019
48 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks! I ordered the impact driver. The torque is way bigger than the hammer drill.
Jul 31, 2009
484 posts
257 upvotes
Ottawa
insane deal, 12Ah worth of batteries for $150. That's almost as cheap non-branded m12 batteries.
Aug 12, 2018
224 posts
68 upvotes
Planning to buy my power tools to build a house in cottage country to start homesteading in a few years. Should I skip this deal and wait? will the battery be no good by then? What are the warranty on milwaukee powertools and batteries in Canada?
Dec 29, 2017
459 posts
396 upvotes
I’m going to pass actually, looked up the specs for the m12 impact and it’ll only be 16% lighter than my m18. The battery will be lighter also than my m18 2.0 but still not as much as I thought. Great deal though for the 6.0 and 2x2.0, especially if you have other m12 tools and/or the m12 heated jacket. Interesting that the weight for the new Surge impact isn’t posted on Milwaukee’s site.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4510 posts
5356 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No bonus for M12 Stubby...
Dec 27, 2017
309 posts
126 upvotes
Hmm, I guess I'll got get the extra battery as I bought the hammer drill kit recently just for the batteries and still haven't opened it.

Does more Ah provide more power or just longer use? Specifically, for the stubby, would the 6.0Ah provide full torque compared to the 3.0?
Dec 29, 2017
459 posts
396 upvotes
eljay0 wrote: Hmm, I guess I'll got get the extra battery as I bought the hammer drill kit recently just for the batteries and still haven't opened it.

Does more Ah provide more power or just longer use? Specifically, for the stubby, would the 6.0Ah provide full torque compared to the 3.0?
Maybe a very slight performance improvement but its more about runtime. You get better performance with High Output batteries if the tool is optimized for those; like the outdoor/lawn equipment line
Jun 30, 2009
642 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn, I just bought this a couple days ago! Think I can go in and ask for the extra battery?
Dec 29, 2017
459 posts
396 upvotes
dchimera wrote: Damn, I just bought this a couple days ago! Think I can go in and ask for the extra battery?
Absolutely!
DavidG88021 wrote: Planning to buy my power tools to build a house in cottage country to start homesteading in a few years. Should I skip this deal and wait? will the battery be no good by then? What are the warranty on milwaukee powertools and batteries in Canada?
If you are going to leave it in a box for year(s) I'd skip this deal...
Last edited by ODoyleRulz on Oct 3rd, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3412 posts
2210 upvotes
Toronto
spots01 wrote: I use my impact driver WAY more than my hammer drill. Mainly because it has so many more applications. HD is also selling a nonFuel M18 kit that includes impact driver and and hammer drill with 2 3.0amp batteries and bag for $199.
I bought the drill river and impact driver combo a while ago but I rarely use the impact driver. What other applications do you use it for? Would it be good to drill pilot holes into brick?
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Very good deal with the added 6.0Ahr battery.
I Have a set but the ergonomics of the torpedo-styled battery doesn't fit me.
Much prefer the Dewalt for the grips.