Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] 149$ Milwaukee M12 FUEL - free battery with select purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 12:36 pm
Feb 25, 2018
61 posts
34 upvotes
I got the hammer drill and impact driver with 2 free 6 ah batteries. my local HD also matched Rona's 15% off event that starts Saturday. I paid $290.42 taxes in.
Nov 12, 2012
682 posts
381 upvotes
Calgary
I'm surprised they price matched considering they don't sell Milwaukee, but great deal for you.
Sep 15, 2015
230 posts
124 upvotes
Can someone give me a good reason to buy this milwaukee impact driver instead of a 20V dewalt impact with more power for the same price?
Jul 18, 2007
403 posts
158 upvotes
Markham
bpopman67 wrote: So if you had to pick one which one could potentially do both? Hammer or impact?

Sounds like I have more options with the hammer?
Impact best for driving screws into wood. No struggling and guessing. And building ikea furniture

Drill/driver/hammer. Great for drilling holes in wood/concrete/brick (u proper need drill bits)
During summer I used this guy to help father in-law mount some external lights on his brick wall house. This did the job and was lighter compared to my m18 hammer drill.

Don’t expect the m12 hammer drill to be as powerful as the m18 hammer drill but it still gives a good punch
Jul 18, 2007
403 posts
158 upvotes
Markham
boqbal wrote: Can someone give me a good reason to buy this milwaukee impact driver instead of a 20V dewalt impact with more power for the same price?
First off which dewalt 20v impact model ur implying? Cause they offer many different models
Jul 31, 2009
466 posts
208 upvotes
Ottawa
the biggest benefit of an impact driver is that it will almost never cam out the head of a screw. The only time it happens is if the bit is not seated into the head of the screw properly.
Sep 25, 2003
265 posts
72 upvotes
Scarborough
I have both the fuel hammer drill and fuel impact driver.
I usually bring out the impact driver if I need to drive long screws into wood. The impact driver is loud, so for doing handyman stuff around the house I prefer the drill when I don’t want it to sound like a construction site.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6879 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto
zhewie wrote: I have both the fuel hammer drill and fuel impact driver.
I usually bring out the impact driver if I need to drive long screws into wood. The impact driver is loud, so for doing handyman stuff around the house I prefer the drill when I don’t want it to sound like a construction site.
It's a good idea to use hearing protection with impact drivers.
Jul 18, 2007
403 posts
158 upvotes
Markham
This one comes with only one battery.

This milwaukee m12 deal you get two batteries for starters, is lighter, can do most jobs of that dewalt v20, even drive in screws into 2x4 wood with no issues. I've used both theses style models, the m12 ergonomically is better for long term use.

Dewalt v20 does potentially offer strong power if you use the higher am v20 batteries. Like example if you want to drive long 2inch screws into 2x4 wood. Or with 50/50 success you could use to try to take bolts off your tires, where this milwauke m12 it be more of 30% sucess of taking bolts off your rims depending on how tight the bolts are or rusted the bolts are..
Jul 18, 2007
403 posts
158 upvotes
Markham
Puroy204 wrote: I just got the M12 hammerdrill and impact with 2 free 6ah batteries. (total of 6 batteries)

Is this set a better deal and better tools? M18 brushless. you also get a free battery or tool .
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001002378
Depends what you planning to use it for.

here is a youtube video i made of the m12 hammer vs m18 hammer

Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6879 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto
My online order just got cancelled, even though lots of inventory.

Was this a price error?

Reordering from a different location.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 3rd, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2015
446 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone use the knockoff Amazon M12 batteries?