Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

18" Napoleon charcoal grill $75 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 4:39 pm
Dec 30, 2015
29 posts
38 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC

[Home Depot] 18" Napoleon charcoal grill $75 YMMV

Found on liquidation at home depot Laval rue Corbusier. Full palette at 5pm today.

Napoleon website link:
https://www.napoleon.com/en/ca/barbecue ... k18k-leg-1
Images
  • 695A0087-CCFF-492C-8DE9-D6894505E4FD.jpeg
  • 64CAD666-432C-4DC4-8533-E62E1D0EE295.jpeg
Thread Summary
Upgrading your barbecue? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best charcoal grills!
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Pretty good deal with the catcher. You can often fine Weber Kettles on kijiji used once or twice for $50-$75 as well. People often use them once or twice and realize it's not for them.
Nov 28, 2003
699 posts
413 upvotes
Montreal
Never owned a charcoal grill, what can i cook with one this size? How long would it take for the charcoal grill to heat up before being able to cook?
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
Since getting a kamado I have realized how much I prefer to cooking with charcoal rather than gas. I'm looking for a charcoal option for the cottage. Does anyone know if this unit works with Weber kettle accessories?

Also the general store by my cottage has $50 off all their in stock grills. That would bring the Weber kettle to $100. Would you guys recommend this Napoleon unit or a Weber for $25 more?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
deals wrote: Never owned a charcoal grill, what can i cook with one this size? How long would it take for the charcoal grill to heat up before being able to cook?
Everything! Lol...and I am not exaggerating.

Takes about 15mins to light to charcoal and another 15 for it to come up to temp...like dumping it out and closing the lid. But that is dependent on what you are trying to cook and at what temp. I've barely used my propane bbq since getting the charcoal unless I don't have time to light up the charcoal and wait. I have a 22" Weber.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
deals wrote: Never owned a charcoal grill, what can i cook with one this size? How long would it take for the charcoal grill to heat up before being able to cook?
Agreed with other poster, you can cook anything you want on there (with practice). In my experience you can be up and cooking in under 15 minutes as long as you're using a charcoal chimney to light your fuel (with lump at least, briquettes take longer). I've got a Weber OTG Kettle which is nearly identical to this that I use nearly as often as my kamado, they're great.
Apr 8, 2007
944 posts
450 upvotes
Guelph
rancid82 wrote: Everything! Lol...and I am not exaggerating.

Takes about 15mins to light to charcoal and another 15 for it to come up to temp...like dumping it out and closing the lid. But that is dependent on what you are trying to cook and at what temp. I've barely used my propane bbq since getting the charcoal unless I don't have time to light up the charcoal and wait. I have a 22" Weber.
It’s the same for me. Pretty much any steak has to be on the charcoal now. I just don’t have that much time during the week so I use propane then. But on weekends it’s charcoal exclusively!

I would recommend the master touch Weber over the others. Honestly there are quite a few quality of life improvements that make it worth it for me. Just the additional height so you are cooking in a more comfortable position and the lid holder alone are well worth the extra cost!
Nov 28, 2003
699 posts
413 upvotes
Montreal
discoblues wrote: Since getting a kamado I have realized how much I prefer to cooking with charcoal rather than gas. I'm looking for a charcoal option for the cottage. Does anyone know if this unit works with Weber kettle accessories?

Also the general store by my cottage has $50 off all their in stock grills. That would bring the Weber kettle to $100. Would you guys recommend this Napoleon unit or a Weber for $25 more?
rancid82 wrote: Everything! Lol...and I am not exaggerating.

hoody123 wrote: Agreed with other poster, you can cook anything you want on there (with practice). In my experience you can be up and cooking in under 15 minutes as long as you're using a charcoal chimney to light your fuel (with lump at least, briquettes take longer). I've got a Weber OTG Kettle which is nearly identical to this that I use nearly as often as my kamado, they're great.

Thanks for the info... Will try to pass by HD to pick it up
Nov 1, 2009
679 posts
441 upvotes
Terrebonne
It can cook almost anything, however I own a 22" Weber which I like but find it a bit small when inviting people.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Get a Weber 22
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Aug 5, 2020
2 posts
Is there any left at this Laval location please ?
Jun 17, 2003
484 posts
89 upvotes
I have a 22 inch Weber, I love it to death. I did some smoked pulled pork on it (15 lbs!) and it was awesome.

18 inch is a bit small IMHO. You should wait to get a 22 inch. With a 18, you'll have to pick smaller pieces of meat if you want to smoke it. Also, if you want to do some indirect cooking (having the coals on one side of the kettle to sear, etc and one side without coals to cook) it makes both zones quite smaller than on the 22.
Oct 15, 2020
254 posts
593 upvotes
montreal, QC
They're all 149$ around me in Montreal
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1539 posts
959 upvotes
I have a 22" Weber as well.
I find the 22" ok for 3 - 4 people, but too small for more. If I were to do it again I would get the 26" Weber, as a matter of fact I'm seriously thinking about it.
+ 1 on the 18" being a bit cramped.
Btw I have a gas BBQ as well so I find they complement each other, when I want to cook something fast I put it on the gas BBQ, when I want lots of flavor it goes on the charcoal.
Nov 28, 2003
699 posts
413 upvotes
Montreal
Vsixet wrote: Is there any left at this Laval location please ?
Yes! About a dozen left and they are located on the right side as you enter, across from the returns counter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)