Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

20lb Empty propane tank - $32.48

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 11:18 am
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
raskal wrote: Costco sells with a free first fill though, I don't think the others listed here are a filled price
Just bought one at Orillia Costco last week.
$38 + $2 enviro + $11 Fill. $51+tax.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2017
1018 posts
790 upvotes
how long do they usually last before you have to replace change them?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
T3rry wrote: just go to an exchange place, most of them dont know or just are too lazy to look at the date, its like $20 and you trade for a full newer tank, most places will let you pick too if you want a nicer looking tank, that usually means newer too
Thanks! Going to check that out!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
Benzat17 wrote: how long do they usually last before you have to replace change them?
Until their expiration...
10 years... Starting the year they were made.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3847 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
trilobites wrote: Ok, I need one and will get it from Costco.
Costco Markham on woodbine doesn't do it by weight. The tank was sold empty and $11 for fill.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
Last year, HD cleared these at $29 if I remember correctly. The Costco in Calgary didn't even put theirs on clearance.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
T3rry wrote: just go to an exchange place, most of them dont know or just are too lazy to look at the date, its like $20 and you trade for a full newer tank, most places will let you pick too if you want a nicer looking tank, that usually means newer too
$20 ? Not in the Montreal area... Last time I swapped mine, it came closer to $30 ($28+tx or something like that). Unless someone knows somewhere in mtl area where is it still $20, I'm all ears..

Most of the time they don't care or look at the cylinder, unless it is completely rusted out. Place I go to, you pay in the counter, they just give you the key to the cage where they have the tanks (which they can see from the
cash), you go there, pull out a full tank, put your empty tank inside, and return the key. I take my time, and I usually find the nicest and newest tank I can find. Just 2 months ago, I had one tank that was about to expire in a month, and I took it there, and got myself a tank which was about 3 months old :)
I have 3 tanks total, since I use my BBQ year round, and I usually just go to Costco, when I start on my 3rd tank, and I then refill the other 2. This past winter, I filled up 2 tank at the costco in Laval, and for some reason it was really cheap ($8 each). Regular now, I think is $11.
Dec 19, 2012
331 posts
152 upvotes
nellium wrote: Costco Markham on woodbine doesn't do it by weight. The tank was sold empty and $11 for fill.
Just a guess as I have never been to that Costco but they will probably go by weight when you go back to refill. They probably know it takes $11 worth to fill a new tank that they sell
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3847 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
bgiles wrote: Just a guess as I have never been to that Costco but they will probably go by weight when you go back to refill. They probably know it takes $11 worth to fill a new tank that they sell
It doesn't apply to partial tanks tho, thus why the preference of it being sold by weight.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bgiles wrote: Just a guess as I have never been to that Costco but they will probably go by weight when you go back to refill. They probably know it takes $11 worth to fill a new tank that they sell
I know in Laval, it's a flat rate. They just put the tank on the scale, set for 16lbs above the typical TW of a tank, and when the scale tips, the filling stops. So not calculating how much they put in. Just ensuring they don't go past the TW + (80% of the 20lbs) the tank is rated for.
Apr 1, 2009
454 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
I just got a new tank from Costco Markham:
  • The tank is purged
  • Includes 1 fill in the price. The previous tank I purchased (~5 years ago) was also from Costco Markham, didn’t include the fill, but was $25
  • Some Costco locations (Markham, Richmond Hill) sell the gas for a fixed price, but other (Vaughan, not sure about Etobicoke) sell it by weight. In all cases the gas at Costco is much cheaper than anywhere else in the Markham area.
Hope this helps
Apr 1, 2009
454 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
If you haven’t already, check with them whether the fill is not included. Mine was around $35 and included 1 free fill. This was at Costco Markham.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
raskal wrote:
Costco sells with a free first fill though, I don't think the others listed here are a filled price
None of my recent tanks included a fill in the price.
They used to though, a few years ago.
T3rry wrote: they also only charge you by the liter, you only pay for what you get, unlike other places that charge you full price even if the tank is only half empty
That will depend on location.
I believe it depends on whether they sell automotive propane.
My local store is a flat rate.
gameon12 wrote: A gauge is an approximate. Not to be relied upon if the event (or food) is important. Keep at least 2 tanks. My 3rd just expired so this may come in handy. Thanks OP
I find the "built in" gauges to be pretty accurate.
Don't confuse them with add-ons.
The former is a float system, and the latter is based on pressure, which doesn't work well for propane.
Until all the liquid is gone (almost empty), the pressure is constant.

That said, I agree that a second tank is good practice.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
Olbi wrote: If you haven’t already, check with them whether the fill is not included. Mine was around $35 and included 1 free fill. This was at Costco Markham.
Which Markham location was this? Yorktech or Kirkham?
Dec 31, 2016
508 posts
684 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
I have a tank from Walmart (pos outside). Can I exchange at Costco or HD for these or am I stuck with it and will have to buy a new/bigger one at Costco/HD?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Does anyone knows if in Ottawa region Costco offers free refill?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
raskal wrote: Costco sells with a free first fill though, I don't think the others listed here are a filled price
Costco also only charges for what you fill in volume. So if your tank is half full already then you only pay to fill the other half instead of the flat fill fee most outlets charge.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)