Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

24.88 Milwaukee Tool Shockwave Impact Bit Set (24-Piece) no shorties

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 10:20 am
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD

[Home Depot] 24.88 Milwaukee Tool Shockwave Impact Bit Set (24-Piece) no shorties

Not the correct description. Seems like a pricing error.
Images
  • 15953717958674257138664076981752.jpg
  • 15953718475638468975662510826346.jpg
Last edited by SuperPaulette on Jul 21st, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Aug 8, 2010
506 posts
583 upvotes
These are all square bits looks like?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
yeah the description doesn't match, even milwaukee got it wrong, their site says its 29 pcs but they have a pic for a 24pc.

https://www.milwaukeetool.ca/Products/A ... 9#sp-specs

I'm not really sure if this is a good deal though, i guess for someone who uses them all day every day it might be.

EDIT: just found this 70 piece for $50, so 3x (ish) the bits at 2x the price, seems better value to me
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001025401
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
T3rry wrote: yeah the description doesn't match, even milwaukee got it wrong, their site says its 29 pcs but they have a pic for a 24pc.

https://www.milwaukeetool.ca/Products/A ... 9#sp-specs

I'm not really sure if this is a good deal though, i guess for someone who uses them all day every day it might be.

EDIT: just found this 70 piece for $50, so 3x (ish) the bits at 2x the price, seems better value to me
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001025401
I'm a DIY guy that works in an office. I hate using the little bits with adaptors and will never need to buy square headed bits again.

I just make sure to always buy square headed screws when it's not included.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
i ended up ordering the 70 piece, but thanks for the heads up, i'll give you a thumbs up for that :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah that sounds about right--you guys and your "square headed" bit lol. It's called Robertson! :P
call it Robertson to an american and they'll look at you sideways, they call it square because they don't want to admit it's a Canadian invention, also the name Robertson is a brand name which is trademarked, so they cant market them as Robertson.
Dec 5, 2007
305 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Great video of you have time to kill and interested in some Canadian history on the invention of the Robertson.

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
roadtoy wrote: Great video of you have time to kill and interested in some Canadian history on the invention of the Robertson.

Thanks. Very good video
<no self promotion>
Nov 21, 2010
980 posts
593 upvotes
Canada
Just be aware that if it isn't a Robertson, it isn't actually a 'Robertson'. All other companies make 'squares', which are slightly different and some of them are prone to rounding (usually the screw head recess itself).

EDIT: Fixed some typos.
Last edited by likebutta on Jul 22nd, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2019
221 posts
332 upvotes
I want the all robertson bit set.

If I order online which set will I get?

All robs or the mixed set..?
Jan 2, 2020
140 posts
296 upvotes
Which of these two will be better?
Images
  • Screenshot_20200721-210844_Home Depot.jpg
May 28, 2015
206 posts
158 upvotes
Milton, ON
its all robertson?

(it always has been)
Jan 21, 2019
35 posts
94 upvotes
Quick FIY:

Milwaukee makes great tools. But their bits (not including drilling bits) are total and utter garbage. It isn't a matter of tradeoff or workload, It's an actual DO NOT BUY when it comes to these.

I cannot speak for their drilling bits though.
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
roadtoy wrote: Great video of you have time to kill and interested in some Canadian history on the invention of the Robertson.

He might know his history but whoever took that thumbnail photo doesn't know how to pick the right screwdriver. It's at least a size too small for the screw.

Also, these Milwaukee bits don't have the best reputation for durability. They're fine for homeowners I guess but they don't have the same quality as their power tools.
Jan 27, 2010
237 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
throbbingdeal wrote: Quick FIY:

Milwaukee makes great tools. But their bits (not including drilling bits) are total and utter garbage. It isn't a matter of tradeoff or workload, It's an actual DO NOT BUY when it comes to these.

I cannot speak for their drilling bits though.
Solarisphere wrote: He might know his history but whoever took that thumbnail photo doesn't know how to pick the right screwdriver. It's at least a size too small for the screw.

Also, these Milwaukee bits don't have the best reputation for durability. They're fine for homeowners I guess but they don't have the same quality as their power tools.
Which is the brand you suggest for drill & driver bits? Bosch?

I’d prefer to invest in bits that I won’t have to replace for a long time
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
CamGuy85 wrote: Which is the brand you suggest for drill & driver bits? Bosch?

I’d prefer to invest in bits that I won’t have to replace for a long time
This is BS. The Milwaukee Shockwave are very well rated. You could also go for Makita Gold if you are rich.

I have Milwaukee Shockwave and they last for a very long time. And if you are a DIY, they will last a life time as long as you don't slip all the time (just like any other bit really)

<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1340 posts
1431 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
likebutta wrote: Just be aware that if it isn't a Robertson, it isn't actually a 'Robertson'. All other companies may squares which are slightly different and some of them are prone to rounded.
Upvote this 100%. Bought some Dewalt "square" bits, and the damn thing brand new out of the packaging doesn't even friction hold the Robertson screw.
Milwaukee bits on the other hand have been awesome for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)