Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] 24.88 Milwaukee Tool Shockwave Impact Bit Set (24-Piece) no shorties

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 10:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7107 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
WilliamS17867 wrote: Make sure to check the date of posts hating on Milwaukee bits as Milwaukee has apparently updated their Shockwave bits since 2019 with a new "wear guard tip". I don't know if this has actually made them any better though.
Couldn't be any worse. The Milwaukee Robertson no. 2 bits I bought 3-4 years ago got rounded after just a hundred or so screws.

I've got a Metabo bit that I use exclusively now. No sign of wear at all after a lot of use.
Jan 13, 2012
363 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
EarthViews wrote: My whole deck is built using T15 Torx screws. They're part of the Camo system. I absolutely loved it. The hidden screw system worked great and I literally drove 1750 screws using only one T15 bit and not once did any of them strip.

I find Torx to be a lot more reliable and harder to strip then others. When I work on German vehicles with Torx nuts and bolts, they never strip.
For lighter duty, I can see it being alright. Torx are fine up to a certain point. But things like harmonic balancer bolts? If I don't strip 3/6 on something like that, I consider it lucky. And that's with every technique under the sun, from impact to heat. They honestly shouldn't make anything beyond a t25 or t30.
Oct 22, 2002
142 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
I'm using this set now for framing, and they have been fine. They have quite a lot of play though, in that the screw wobbles in the bit. I too watched various reviews of bits implying the tighter the fit the better - so I started off with some Lee Valley Robertson bits. While they did indeed fit very tight, what I found was this made them intolerant to alignment error - as soon as your angle is off the bit jumps out and starts spinning.

On the other hand these Milwaukee bits are a lot more beginner friendly. You can be off (sometimes it's unavoidable due to tight spaces) and they will still hold long enough to drive the screw in. The only thing is they do not always grip when upside down.

Great deal for the price, and the 6 inch bits come in very handy when stuff is in the way.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1514 posts
417 upvotes
bizstudent wrote: Looking for a normal drill bit set.

Is this any good? And is the price good?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/100072 ... 9Ii6PD_BwE
I'd spend a bit more and get something that will last you a while. This is cobalt set and will last a lot longer than the Oxide and Titanium sets.
Nothing worse than buying a set and breaking a bit. The next time you need it, it's not there and you out buying another set.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-CO21B-Pc-Co ... B07Q64LTFB
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2340 posts
2793 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this correct?
Cobalt>titanium>black oxide
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1514 posts
417 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Is this correct?
Cobalt>titanium>black oxide
Yes. Careful when looking for Cobalt bits. Some companies (like Crappytire) will add 5% Cobalt and market the bits a Cobalt, so check the fine print before buying.
Sep 18, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
I like the bigger set, these long Robertson bits are fantastic.
Images
  • Wait Its All X Always Has Been 26072020162210.jpg