Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] $249 - Milwaukee Brushless Hammer Drill / Impact Driver, 3 Batteries

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7099 posts
1164 upvotes
Toronto
ragin_pyro wrote: With the Milwaukee you would get a third battery.

The DeWalt drill is their top of the line compact drill.

The hammer drill has a hammer function so you can drill into concrete. If you occasionally have to drill or it's a light job it will work.

It would also depend if you're going to get other cordless tools, so you can use the batteries.
What size is the "bonus" battery they give you with the M18 kit?

If I am not mistaken, I think this is one of the kits that came with a free bonus of an M18 tool (your choice) back in the spring.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 16th, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1425 posts
4860 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
3.0ah
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1163 posts
296 upvotes
Burlington
thatsnasty wrote: 18v DeWalt is ni-cad vs 20v which is lithum ion. LI is the superior battery tech.
DeWalt made 18v lithium ion batteries too before they came out with the "20v" line of tools.

Personally I think the 20v tools are great, but I agree that it's a bunch of marketing BS. They switched to a different physical size for the 20v line so the old batteries were not compatible, forcing everyone to buy new sets of batteries with the new line of tools.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7099 posts
1164 upvotes
Toronto
Is there currently a 10% off promo for using your HD credit card? That would sweeten this deal a bit.
Jul 27, 2006
924 posts
505 upvotes
Moncton
This is a better deal than the recent Dewalt sales. The receipt lists the battery separately as $129, but underneath states "max refund value $84.98". So if you don't need the extra battery, you should be able to return it for $85 for a net cost of $164 plus tax for the kit.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a Dewalt set, a Milwaukee set and a Makita set. I don't know the model numbers but the DW and Milwaukee are less than 2 years old and brushless and Makita maybe 4 years old (non-brushless). This is my personal take on it.

Milwaukee:
- the best feature on my Fuel is the battery gauge to know how much juice is in the battery. It's the one I'll pick up for a small task even if the others have more power left I just can't see it.
- heavier than the DW.
- Without the battery gauge I probably would not buy. With the battery gauge I definitely would.
- It doesn't look like the batteries in this non-Fuel set have the gauge built-in. Please correct me if I''m wrong.

Makita:
Keep in mind my model is a little older
A little heavier than the rest
Was my go-to simply for the LED since I often work in dark spaces (houses with no electricity yet or under a deck)
Makita is my only combo kit with circular and reciprocating saws. Drill and impact are permanently in my tool bag so if I know I'll need all these tools I'll just grab the bag.
Batteries are pricier than others and I go through alot of batteries

dewalt:
This thing is tiny and the grip is perfect. Fits everywhere.
Has the LED light; a must have for me.
Lighter than others. You feel the difference when you're working overhead all day.
They now have the battery gauge but mine doesn't.
Marketing or not I feel the battery lasts the longest.

Anyways this is my take on it. They all have their pros and cons and if you're a DIY homeowner you're splitting hairs here for your use.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
oIIIIIo wrote: This is a better deal than the recent Dewalt sales. The receipt lists the battery separately as $129, but underneath states "max refund value $84.98". So if you don't need the extra battery, you should be able to return it for $85 for a net cost of $164 plus tax for the kit.
That's interesting. I would have thought they would list a freebie as $0 return value, but if they give it the same discount percentage as the rest of the kit, that's a great way to get a further discount.
Jan 22, 2014
733 posts
554 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: I have a Dewalt set, a Milwaukee set and a Makita set. I don't know the model numbers but the DW and Milwaukee are less than 2 years old and brushless and Makita maybe 4 years old (non-brushless). This is my personal take on it.

Milwaukee:
- the best feature on my Fuel is the battery gauge to know how much juice is in the battery. It's the one I'll pick up for a small task even if the others have more power left I just can't see it.
- heavier than the DW.
- Without the battery gauge I probably would not buy. With the battery gauge I definitely would.
- It doesn't look like the batteries in this non-Fuel set have the gauge built-in. Please correct me if I''m wrong.

Makita:
Keep in mind my model is a little older
A little heavier than the rest
Was my go-to simply for the LED since I often work in dark spaces (houses with no electricity yet or under a deck)
Makita is my only combo kit with circular and reciprocating saws. Drill and impact are permanently in my tool bag so if I know I'll need all these tools I'll just grab the bag.
Batteries are pricier than others and I go through alot of batteries

dewalt:
This thing is tiny and the grip is perfect. Fits everywhere.
Has the LED light; a must have for me.
Lighter than others. You feel the difference when you're working overhead all day.
They now have the battery gauge but mine doesn't.
Marketing or not I feel the battery lasts the longest.

Anyways this is my take on it. They all have their pros and cons and if you're a DIY homeowner you're splitting hairs here for your use.
I think you're comparing different classes of tools from different brands to each other, for example Milwaukee also has compact drill and bigger size drills.
All Milwaukee batteries come with the fuel gauge.