Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

$49 - Stainless Steel (Propane Gas) Bowl Fire Pit

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 12:34 pm
Apr 25, 2006
81 posts
57 upvotes

[Home Depot] $49 - Stainless Steel (Propane Gas) Bowl Fire Pit

Bought an outdoor fire pit at home depot today. It is on sale for $49.98. I cannot find the product link in HD Canadian website.
The US website has the product information: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bond-Manufac ... /206287100
Product Overview
Compact and portable gas firepit that serve up powerful heat output. The locking lid makes transport effortless. Easy access to gas valve allows for flame control. Enjoy your next camping trip, outdoor adventure or tailgate party with this awesome fire pit.
  • 54,000 BTUs
  • Durable steel construction
  • Stainless steel burner
  • Pulse ignition
  • Uses 20 lb. propane tank (not included)
  • Propane tank sits outside unit
  • Includes 10 ft. hose with regulator, lava rocks and tank holder
My HD (Canada) receipt:
IMG_2147.JPG
31 replies
Apr 2, 2009
333 posts
388 upvotes
vancouver
Was there any brand on the packaging? Does it actually have electronic ignition? If so, that's a really good price. $50 is pretty cheap - the lowest I've seen others is at Costco for $99 and it didn't have ignition. (picked one up last year and happy with it).
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Apr 25, 2006
81 posts
57 upvotes
Yes. There is electric ignition. It is in the descriptions from US HD link.

The brand is Bond. Model is Solara.
baudfather wrote: Was there any brand on the packaging? Does it actually have electronic ignition? If so, that's a really good price. $50 is pretty cheap - the lowest I've seen others is at Costco for $99 and it didn't have ignition. (picked one up last year and happy with it).
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1360 posts
761 upvotes
Can we use this during the fire ban? Like if we went camping at a provincial site or along a logging route?
Jan 22, 2012
138 posts
194 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks OP.

Was a struggle to find in the store, but got one.

If anyone is still looking for one, ask them to check inventory in the computer. These units don't have a home in the store because they are clearance.. so they could be anywhere!

Attached is inventory in the GVRD from last Thursday.
I snagged one from the Burnaby location, as did my colleague. They were in Aisle 3 I believe, by all the clearance BBQs. Not with the rest of the fire bowls in the garden centre.
Images
  • IMG_3649.JPG
Jan 22, 2012
138 posts
194 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Re: fire ban, I had the same q, and asked the local park services. Their reply:

Thank you for contacting Sea to Sky Park Services, Park Facility Operator of BC Parks in the Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky Corridor!

Effective at noon on Thursday July 6th campfires are prohibited in all Sea to Sky Parks per the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Wildfire Management Branch.

This prohibition does not apply to CSA-rated or ULC-rated cooking stoves that use gas, propane or briquettes, or to a portable campfire apparatus that uses briquettes, liquid or gaseous fuel, so long as the height of the flame is less than 15 centimetres.

It looks as though the picture you have provided is acceptable although it is your responsibility to ensure that the propane firepit is CSA or ULC approved.

If you would like to report a fire you can do so by calling *5555 from your cellular phone.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I've always been tempted to get one to use on our deck. We live out in the country and love to make fires outside but this we could just sit on our deck and have a small more controlled fire. I'm not sure if it would be safe directly on wood but we already have a BBQ so I would think it would be fine except this the heat is lower/closer to the deck

I found some grill pads at canadian tire on clearance for 7.50$ http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 1347p.html and it says "Use for barbecue grills, outdoor fireplaces or fire pits"

I'm not sure if anyone is already using one on a wooden deck if they could give me a quick review if it's ok.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1718 posts
1755 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
chenzhu_an wrote: Richmond, BC
if anyone found it here in Montreal please update
could be a very YMMV deal
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
1014 posts
493 upvotes
CantMissADeal wrote: Can we use this during the fire ban? Like if we went camping at a provincial site or along a logging route?
Yes you can use this during fire ban. Some provincial Park in BC like Cultus Lake you can actually rent them and buy propane tank if you don't have one.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I've always been tempted to get one to use on our deck. We live out in the country and love to make fires outside but this we could just sit on our deck and have a small more controlled fire. I'm not sure if it would be safe directly on wood but we already have a BBQ so I would think it would be fine except this the heat is lower/closer to the deck

I found some grill pads at canadian tire on clearance for 7.50$ http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 1347p.html and it says "Use for barbecue grills, outdoor fireplaces or fire pits"

I'm not sure if anyone is already using one on a wooden deck if they could give me a quick review if it's ok.
interesting. Never new this existed. would love to use my firepit on my deck and at first this looks like it could allow me to do that.

But if you read the questions/answers on the CT website, you'll notice it's limit is 80 degrees celcius before it could burn. So I'm guessing while's great for bbq's, it probably isnt't good for actual fires...

Still looking for a solution to allow controlled fire on deck without damaging deck...
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
You could also throw a 2'x2' concrete paver on your deck as a base for the fire bowl if you're concerned about the heat being too close to the wood.
If this was available out east, I would do just that.
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
nounou23 wrote: I've always been tempted to get one to use on our deck. We live out in the country and love to make fires outside but this we could just sit on our deck and have a small more controlled fire. I'm not sure if it would be safe directly on wood but we already have a BBQ so I would think it would be fine except this the heat is lower/closer to the deck

I have a buddy who used to have wood burning campfires on his wooden deck with a couple of mats similar to that. As long as you were careful for the occasional sparks they never had a problem.

Now in terms of these propane units, I know several people that use them directly on their decks without the slightest issue. I even have a friend that uses it under their covered deck without a lot of problems.

You can stick your hand under these and it won't get warm so on a wooden deck is fine.

Just think oversized propane campstove and you'll have a better idea of heat generation by them. The heat all goes up. Definitely great to sit down beside on a cool night and roast marshmallows. I don't miss the smokiness of real wood (except when cooking things on them) but I do miss the crackle and pop.

Not the real thing but better in a lot of ways as well.

It's a good idea to pick up a couple black milk crates to cover the propane tank and so that it rests in one. Still allows it to breathe but better to look at and gives you a table to set your drink on. You can also order a kit to make it natural gas if you keep it close enough to the house.

Worth it at $100 and definitely worth it at $50 if you like being outside and campfires.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Hexxed wrote: I have a buddy who used to have wood burning campfires on his wooden deck with a couple of mats similar to that. As long as you were careful for the occasional sparks they never had a problem.

Now in terms of these propane units, I know several people that use them directly on their decks without the slightest issue. I even have a friend that uses it under their covered deck without a lot of problems.

You can stick your hand under these and it won't get warm so on a wooden deck is fine.

Just think oversized propane campstove and you'll have a better idea of heat generation by them. The heat all goes up. Definitely great to sit down beside on a cool night and roast marshmallows. I don't miss the smokiness of real wood (except when cooking things on them) but I do miss the crackle and pop.

Not the real thing but better in a lot of ways as well.

It's a good idea to pick up a couple black milk crates to cover the propane tank and so that it rests in one. Still allows it to breathe but better to look at and gives you a table to set your drink on. You can also order a kit to make it natural gas if you keep it close enough to the house.

Worth it at $100 and definitely worth it at $50 if you like being outside and campfires.
Awrsome thanks for the info. I called my local store and it doesnt look like they sell this model anywhere in the Atlantic province :( but ill keep an eye for another one
Dec 9, 2007
338 posts
74 upvotes
Is there a way to use natural gas for this type of pit?
Sep 29, 2013
160 posts
71 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
flair.14 wrote: Is there a way to use natural gas for this type of pit?
Hexxed wrote: You can also order a kit to make it natural gas if you keep it close enough to the house.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)