[Home Depot] 50 cents Light bulbs

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 6:00 am
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1559 posts
1137 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
reggyDeal wrote: Do the Philips A19 dim all the way? Do they need a special dimmer?
The 7w/60w HD Phillips bulbs are not dimming. --Only 9.5/60w Phillips are dimming which I don't believe HD carries.
Try Home Hardware for Dimming 9.5w Phillips bulbs. I know they carry those.....
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1559 posts
1137 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
mkl38s wrote: We were 'tricked' to buy these earlier with a higher price than this :(. Now I have enough bulbs to last a life time (if they truly last like they advertise) so I can't buy any more this round. Maybe if you hold off, the next one would be even cheaper, or probably giving them out for free
I bought 50 of those "$3 Dollerama bulbs" a couple years ago. Decided I had enough of their companionship as my garage door remotes wouldn't work, and my stereo stations would cut out when the lights were turned on.
Switched all 50 to Phillips 7w and 9.5w bulbs last week. No more issues.
Now I just need to recoup $200 worth of electricity charges to cover the cost of the bulbs (which should only me take about 146,283 years.)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8546 posts
4917 upvotes
ON
love2save wrote: I bought 50 of those "$3 Dollerama bulbs" a couple years ago. Decided I had enough of their companionship as my garage door remotes wouldn't work, and my stereo stations would cut out when the lights were turned on.
Switched all 50 to Phillips 7w and 9.5w bulbs last week. No more issues.
Now I just need to recoup $200 worth of electricity charges to cover the cost of the bulbs (which should only me take about 146,283 years.)
They would make great prank gifts....that coworker you don't really like or the nosy neighbour. Bring a few with you when doing illegal deals to run interference if you suspect they're wearing a wire or the place is bugged.
Oct 15, 2015
70 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Canadian Tire is carrying the A19 dimmable's for $0.50 a bulb. I stocked up last night and finally converted all the CFL's in my house
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6396 posts
2703 upvotes
I purchased lots of LED bulbs at $1 and less figuring there's no way they'd ever be cheaper.
I was wrong - I am in the USA for the week - the Ocean State Job Lot chain of stores has them for 7 cents a bulb with their "Buy 12 bulbs at 99 cents a bulb - get a $12 gift card towards your next purchase" promo.
Price works out to 7 cents (the value of the tax on the purchase).
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/52911

They have Greenlite A19 60w equiv, MaxLite A19 40w equiv , Cree A19 40w equiv & 60w equiv and Green Lite clear 40w equiv filament style.
I picked up 3 dozen of the 40w filament style.

It wouldn't surprise me if somebody hands out LED bulbs for Halloween.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2229 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote: Do the Philips A19 dim all the way? Do they need a special dimmer?
love2save wrote: The 7w/60w HD Phillips bulbs are not dimming. --Only 9.5/60w Phillips are dimming which I don't believe HD carries.
Try Home Hardware for Dimming 9.5w Phillips bulbs. I know they carry those.....
Actually, I have seen the Philips dimmable LED bulbs. I think the 60W bulbs are $3.50 per bulb before the discount. I have no idea what the actual wattage is for these bulbs. I didn't check.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Jan 24, 2011
42 posts
66 upvotes
Lowes has the sylvanna 60w dimmable leds on, 5 pack for 2.50 (or .50 each)
"So thats basically the same concept as the monkeys and the typewriters?"
"...except CRAZIER"
Nov 23, 2011
3 posts
Toronto, Ontario
Went to Etobicoke South to buy Phillips this morning. The non dimmable ones only apply rebate. The dimmable ones do not. YMMV
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3646 posts
9224 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
isaaccohen wrote: No idea how to edit a post first time posting
Go to your original post (#1), click "Edit Post", make necessary change(s) in the "Subject" field. Once completed, click "Post".
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3887 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I went to home depot and grabbed a couple of these 50 cent bulbs. As a plus they are "360 light" which means instead of a big white base at the bottom they are clear to let more light towards the base.
Also very odd was a two pack of the same bulbs for $3.50 after rebate whereas the individual bulbs in a box where 50 cents after rebate.
I've had problems with dollar store bulbs of unknown make, I assume the power supply is shoddy compared to brand name ones from chain stores.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)