Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] $9.97 2x2 Foam tiles for workshop, kids playroom, basement, etc

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 8:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1594 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] $9.97 2x2 Foam tiles for workshop, kids playroom, basement, etc

I've had my eyes on foam tiles for a while. This price is hot.

Crappy Tire has some 19.99 and they were on sale for 13.99 last week. All the other box stores have a variant, but I've never seen them this low. Amazon has the usual assortment with mixed reviews.

I almost missed out on this - went in store and the sign said "9.97 per sq/ft" and I almost walked away - ignore that. It's 9.97 per package, which is four tiles, 16 sq/ft!
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9717 posts
64276 upvotes
Ontario
probably not good for kids. These usually have bad chemical smell.
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2017
139 posts
124 upvotes
Winnipeg
Very, very good deal on these things. When I redid my old basement gym, I put these throughout 600 sq.ft, and it was three times the price :(
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14828 posts
4306 upvotes
Always wanted my basement to have a fake marble floor...
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2004
568 posts
66 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: probably not good for kids. These usually have bad chemical smell.
Got some yesterday and they do smell a little bit. No big deal for my purposes but maybe air them out for a while before unleashing kids on to it?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2503 posts
1025 upvotes
Quebec
Link points to marble floor
Sr. Member
Oct 25, 2001
627 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
JulianM wrote: Very, very good deal on these things. When I redid my old basement gym, I put these throughout 600 sq.ft, and it was three times the price :(
How have they held up? Pros and cons?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9717 posts
64276 upvotes
Ontario
d_chow wrote: Got some yesterday and they do smell a little bit. No big deal for my purposes but maybe air them out for a while before unleashing kids on to it?
they touch with their hands. eat foods = eat poison.

If you have a baby, use baby mats instead.
Member
Mar 6, 2015
341 posts
1093 upvotes
New Brunswick
Thatdealguy wrote: they touch with their hands. eat foods = eat poison.
You should look into what goes in/on food before worrying about the possibility of them getting something from touching a mat.
Newbie
Aug 11, 2017
15 posts
8 upvotes
My husband uses these to put on the floor of our tent when we are camping - thanks, I’ll let him know!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14828 posts
4306 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: they touch with their hands. eat foods = eat poison.

If you have a baby, use baby mats instead.
Might as well keep them in a bubble.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Member
Jul 2, 2005
392 posts
120 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks, been waiting for these to go on sale. I use them for winter camping.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
15692 posts
16847 upvotes
Oakville
bunmin wrote: You should look into what goes in/on food before worrying about the possibility of them getting something from touching a mat.
I'm sure they're careful about food quality as well.
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Might as well keep them in a bubble.
Why does it have to be all or none? I think the rational mindset is to do what you can to limit toxic exposure without putting them in a bubble.
Member
Jul 31, 2009
488 posts
268 upvotes
Ottawa
If your foam mats still smell just air them out before use, it's just solvent from manufacturing. The foam itself is very chemically stable, shouldn't have to worry about food contamination. These are all EVA foam, there's no "safer" EVA foam.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1594 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
georginap2 wrote: My husband uses these to put on the floor of our tent when we are camping - thanks, I’ll let him know!
Your husband is a genius!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
1042 posts
3734 upvotes
Van Isle
Princess Auto right now has em $8.88
inappropriate signature

Top