• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2021 12:08 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2003
257 posts
126 upvotes

[Home Depot] Adwood Modular Garden Bed 48"x48"x12" - $59.98

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/adwood ... 1001602742

Modular Garden Bed 48" x 48" x 12". No tool assembly with dovetail hoints to fit the slats easily into the corner to design multiple layouts

no tools required garden bed
multiple layouts possible
includes 8 posts & 24, 24" boards
includes 16 sq/ft of landscape fabric
made of wester red cedar for ground durability
made in canada

I have 2 of these already from Canadian Tire for 80 bucks, picked up another 2
166 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2060 posts
4740 upvotes
Buy garden bed, don't assemble, sell as lumber, profit.
Jun 8, 2007
858 posts
241 upvotes
Oshawa
Size looks wrong and the included has 24" boards not 48" boards... I think these are 2'x2'

Still a good price but I doubt you will get 4x4.
goobadoofa wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/adwood ... 1001602742

Modular Garden Bed 48" x 48" x 12". No tool assembly with dovetail hoints to fit the slats easily into the corner to design multiple layouts

made in canada

Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1003 posts
410 upvotes
Montreal
Bedpan wrote: Size looks wrong and the included has 24" boards not 48" boards... I think these are 2'x2'

Still a good price but I doubt you will get 4x4.
Look at the pictures, it's either 2 beds 24x24 or 1 bed 48x48 with a middle post.
Nov 26, 2019
3 posts
Reads 24*24" boards, so sounds like one 4*4 or two 2*2 beds
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1862 posts
848 upvotes
Scarborough
goobadoofa wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/adwood ... 1001602742

made in canada

how did you find the quality of the wood pieces? reviews say they used left over scrap wood.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2003
257 posts
126 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: how did you find the quality of the wood pieces? reviews say they used left over scrap wood.
No issues. Pretty quick and easy to install. The dovetails aren't perfect but the wood is red cedar and pretty soft so you can hammer them in pretty easy.

The hardest part was shoveling soil to fill it... it takes a surprising amount. Hopefully you have a wheelbarrow because I did not :(
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1862 posts
848 upvotes
Scarborough
goobadoofa wrote: No issues. Pretty quick and easy to install. The dovetails aren't perfect but the wood is red cedar and pretty soft so you can hammer them in pretty easy.

The hardest part was shoveling soil to fill it... it takes a surprising amount. Hopefully you have a wheelbarrow because I did not :(
thanks, i think i may give it a shot. just cleared a large area and this could be an option.

yup, have a wheelbarrow.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2872 posts
4044 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
goobadoofa wrote: No issues. Pretty quick and easy to install. The dovetails aren't perfect but the wood is red cedar and pretty soft so you can hammer them in pretty easy.

What is the thickness of the wood? Did you treat the wood to help it last longer? We had a termite issue in the neighbourhood decades ago so my options are pretty much man made 'wood' or cedar. I looked into the wood before and cedar is termite resistant and rot resistant. I remember reading that cedar takes a few years to develop it's bug resistant properties and thus one of the reasons why it costs more to buy.

Interesting tread regarding cedar toxicity. https://permies.com/t/63668/cedar-raised-beds . There is talk about tomatos not doing well on cedar beds it seems.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
[OP]
Dec 24, 2003
257 posts
126 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: What is the thickness of the wood? Did you treat the wood to help it last longer? We had a termite issue in the neighbourhood decades ago so my options are pretty much man made 'wood' or cedar. I looked into the wood before and cedar is termite resistant and rot resistant. I remember reading that cedar takes a few years to develop it's bug resistant properties and thus one of the reasons why it costs more to buy.

Interesting tread regarding cedar toxicity. https://permies.com/t/63668/cedar-raised-beds . There is talk about tomatos not doing well on cedar beds it seems.
I'd say about 1". I didn't treat it - don't know if it comes already treated...

I planted 2 tomato plants - I'll see how they do. It looks like there are mixed results with red cedar garden beds.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1862 posts
848 upvotes
Scarborough
zackaroli wrote: Do they fit in a regular van?
i think the longest piece is 24 inches only..
Sep 23, 2014
118 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Is anybody using this have pets? Do you have problems with it being low to the ground and within the dog's reach?
Last edited by Hanimal on May 16th, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5624 posts
4891 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks. This is a crazy deal. Regular price for these kinds of beds is usually $200+
Dec 14, 2019
48 posts
38 upvotes
I know you can get 48x48 out of 24” boards and 8 posts. Can someone confirm it is indeed 24” boards?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1102 posts
381 upvotes
Victoria
Shaguar wrote: I know you can get 48x48 out of 24” boards and 8 posts. Can someone confirm it is indeed 24” boards?
I can't confirm yet (we'll see if my order gets fulfilled tomorrow for in store pickup). However, the description is pretty clear:

made in canada
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5745 posts
1463 upvotes
Milton
How do you guys prevent these garden beds from moving/shifting? Does it come with stakes?
Aug 16, 2020
679 posts
122 upvotes
Will this all fit in a sedan car with back seats folded and through back seat to the trunk?
Aug 16, 2020
679 posts
122 upvotes
adamtheman wrote: Thanks. This is a crazy deal. Regular price for these kinds of beds is usually $200+
R u sure.. I see this or similar available in other website in just $79.99