803 posts
706 upvotes
London, ON

Toro 18 Inch Power Curve Snow Blower $198

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Home Depot / Amazon.ca
Just caught wind of this deal thx to Bargain Barrels. Lowest price in its history, according to Camelx3
Looked around and noticed Home Depot has the same model, same price.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003FIQKYO/

Seems well reviewed, and its a Toro!
Video of operation here:

** EDIT ** - comes with a 2 year full warranty as well!

Remember Ebates & GCR for some extra cash back!
Last edited by stilltippin on Sep 2nd, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
May 17, 2009
441 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon ships in 2-5 months .... Bought from Home Depot. Thanks OP.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
803 posts
706 upvotes
London, ON
Must have sold out! Mines coming Wednesday. Anyone else have this machine? I see that is actually been this low twice before (but never during winters of course). Also bought with my CC which doubles the manufactures warranty, so feelin pretty well covered!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1432 posts
749 upvotes
Hamilton
stilltippin wrote: Must have sold out! Mines coming Wednesday. Anyone else have this machine? I see that is actually been this low twice before (but never during winters of course). Also bought with my CC which doubles the manufactures warranty, so feelin pretty well covered!
Please check your CC T&Cs. CCs usually double manufacturers warranty UP TO one year.
This is same width as my electric snow blower, did not know such narrow length gas SBs exist.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1088 posts
232 upvotes
Markham
This IS an electrical snowblower, stilltippin. However, I do have a 16" or 18" Toro gas one that is not sold anymore. Sometimes I wish it would be wider, but it's very compact to store.
Last edited by theastroboy on Sep 2nd, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2165 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario
If someone doesn't mind running an extension cord or have a big drive way, this seems to be a good deal.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Apr 12, 2008
613 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Had one for years and love it. The cord's a bit of a pain but manageable. Stores easily - mine's folded in half and hanging up on the garage wall.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
803 posts
706 upvotes
London, ON
Headbeancounter wrote: If someone doesn't mind running an extension cord or have a big drive way, this seems to be a good deal.
i think i fall into this category, and really don't want to spend what seems to be $500 plus for a gas powered.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1132 posts
629 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Purchased from HD with free delivery! Thanks OP!

Info below pasted from Consumer's Reports. CR doesn't give good marks to any of the electric machines, (light duty only) but this Toro rates highest of them.
OVERALL SCORE
Toro Power Curve 1800 38381 snow blower
Price
$249.00
Highs
Surface cleaning was very good.
Handling was excellent.
Ease of using the controls was very good.
Has electric start.
Lows
Removal speed was poor.
Plow-pile removal was poor.
Throwing distance was fair.
Lacks a headlight.
Only one speed.
Lacks freewheel steering (making it harder to turn).
CRs Take
This 18-inch, single-stage corded-electric snow blower tops an unimpressive group. This 26-pound machine scored just fair overall--think of it as a shovel alternative for clearing decks, porches, and short walks. It was poor at removing snow quickly and the same at clearing the plow piles left by municipal snow plows. When it came to dispersing snow, it was fair; consider other models where throwing distance matters. The Toro was best at leaving a clean surface. Noise is low enough that hearing protection isn't required.
Nov 20, 2015
365 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks! Almost pulled the trigger on this guy last winter but we were half way through the season so I decided to hold off.
Sep 28, 2015
732 posts
556 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I assume this is not powerful enough for the snow piles left by plowing trucks at the end of your driveway?
Jun 2, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Have been using my Toro since 2008 with only a belt change needed. The cord really does become a pain after awhile. Looking for an 80V cordless snow blower for this winter season.
The Duke :rolleyes:
Dec 18, 2004
158 posts
68 upvotes
This is back in stock now. Anyone who ordered get hit with duties? Mines coming from the USA via UPS and I'm a little worried the duties will kill this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5189 posts
1960 upvotes
Toronto
SirLurksAlot wrote: This is back in stock now. Anyone who ordered get hit with duties? Mines coming from the USA via UPS and I'm a little worried the duties will kill this deal.
Clear it yourself if duties are over 20 bucks.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
803 posts
706 upvotes
London, ON
SirLurksAlot wrote: This is back in stock now. Anyone who ordered get hit with duties? Mines coming from the USA via UPS and I'm a little worried the duties will kill this deal.
mine came via Amazon in 2 days. did your order from Home Depot? You really shouldnt be charged, unless you ordered accidentally from Home Depot.com? But i am not certain. Hope you don't get dinged! If so, def. complain to the place you bought it from
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1276 upvotes
warmdeals wrote: I assume this is not powerful enough for the snow piles left by plowing trucks at the end of your driveway?
It can clear the piles at the end of your driveway if you don't leave them too long to harden (if you leave a pile at the end of your driveway for a couple of days, it becomes as hard as concrete). You do need to attack the pile slowly though. With a powerful gas blower, you can just take a large 24" swipe and the pile is removed completely in 2 or 3 swipes. With the Toro, you probably need to take 12 or 15 swipes of 8" because it's not powerful enough to handle a large volume of compacted snow. That being said, it's much easier to take 12 or 15 swipes with the Toro than it is to shovel a large windrow by hand.
Feb 7, 2011
459 posts
95 upvotes
Regina
Seem like the Amazon sale price has ended and back to its original price. Thinking of getting it from Home Depot. Thanks OP.
Nov 20, 2008
349 posts
66 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: mine came via Amazon in 2 days. did your order from Home Depot? You really shouldnt be charged, unless you ordered accidentally from Home Depot.com? But i am not certain. Hope you don't get dinged! If so, def. complain to the place you bought it from
whoa, nice! I ordered from amazon just this past Monday and the earliest estimate was November 1st....
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11007 posts
2107 upvotes
how is it compared to Snowjoe?
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed