Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Bosch Colt Router *New Version* GKF125CEK $107.10 after Home Depot PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2019 4:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Home Depot] Bosch Colt Router *New Version* GKF125CEK $107.10 after Home Depot PM

Lowe's has the router for $119 for the next two weeks. Price match + beat at Home Depot for an extra 10% off. You must do this online (via chat or text) as it is an online exclusive.

Works out to $107.10 + tax, which I believe is an all-time low for this new model.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
54 replies
May 24, 2011
212 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
I see a lot of these compact models rating highly in router reviews. I am looking at adding a router to my woodworking arsenal. Would it be best to go for the router where you can change the base between fixed and plunge for more versatility? Would a palm router like this work on a table? I am still in the very preliminary research stage regarding routers.
Jul 21, 2013
601 posts
234 upvotes
Calgary
Working link: https://www2.lowes.ca/product/routers/b ... ter-738825
kyle0629 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 9:26 pm
I see a lot of these compact models rating highly in router reviews. I am looking at adding a router to my woodworking arsenal. Would it be best to go for the router where you can change the base between fixed and plunge for more versatility? Would a palm router like this work on a table? I am still in the very preliminary research stage regarding routers.
I bought a plunge router, which is great, but it's a pain to remove it from the router table to do some handwork. A palm router is also quite a bit lighter which makes it much easier to use by hand. Conclusion: get both.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6691 posts
1254 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Roger21 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 9:43 pm

I bought a plunge router, which is great, but it's a pain to remove it from the router table to do some handwork. A palm router is also quite a bit lighter which makes it much easier to use by hand. Conclusion: get both.
is this a laminate router?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1552 posts
533 upvotes
Scarborough
kyle0629 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 9:26 pm
there is a plunge base available for this router, so if you want that you may want to factor in additional cost vs a kit with both router and plunge.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boscht ... -196288-p/

i have the older version of the colt router but wanted the plunge base also, but never seem to hit a good price anymore..
Nov 26, 2003
515 posts
324 upvotes
GTA
Nice deal OP. It's even variable speed! I'd definitely be interested in one if I didn't already have a competing product.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6691 posts
1254 upvotes
Mont-Royal
What is the difference between palm and hand router? How do we know which one is which?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3202 posts
630 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 3:45 am
What is the difference between palm and hand router? How do we know which one is which?
Same thing. Never heard it called hand router though. Unless by hand router you're thinking plunge router, which this is not.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Roger21 wrote:

I agree with this. My first (and only) router is the Maximum router from Canadian Tire. Bought it mainly because it was cheap, great performance, and used 1/2 collet. I made my own (crappy) router table and mounted it in. The router is basically satisfying all my needs except its very awkward to use it for trims because of how big it is. That's why I've been looking for a trim router that's light and easy to maneuver. Unfortunately it also means I have to buy some new 1/4 bits :(
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3814 posts
1109 upvotes
Ottawa
Roger21 wrote:

I agree. A plunge router with over 2 hp and ability to accept 1/2" bits is a must for a router table if your interest is to use it as an ersatz shaper. A lightweight and lower hp palm router with a good edge guide for longer workpieces and softwood applications. My plunge router is a 25 y.o. Bosch (soft start, variable speed) and my palm router is a cheap-o Ridgid that is surprisingly stable and does the job.
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
Good price for this router, I have the older model (along with 5 other routers). My only complaint with it is the sleeve that is used to adjust the height is not very precise, nor particularly sturdy. I much prefer the DeWalt DWP611 in that respect (I got mine for $125 as a return at Amazon Warehouse). It looks like the sleeve is redesigned on this newer Bosch so hopefully it is improved. Definitely more than one router is advised for any significant woodworking, my 6 may be extreme, but three of them are the excellent Maximum from CT picked up each time for a little over $100. I have one permanently mounted to a home made router table, one dedicated for use in a flattening sled and one set up as plunge router. A lot of routing is about repeatability and having a dedicated tool set up for each task really helps with that.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1974 posts
525 upvotes
Thanks OP, have been waiting on the Ridgid (2401 I think) to go on sale from close to $100 and it never has.
Based on previous version of the Bosch palm router I decided not to get it, but reviews on this are good, they fixed the issue with the height adjustment it seems.
Thanks for posting.

Why did someone give this a thumbs down?
Also, Amazon.ca has this for $119 also: https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-GKF125CEK-C ... way&sr=8-1
Nov 22, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks OP, just made my order with HD, and had them price beat!
Mar 14, 2018
58 posts
51 upvotes
dmogx wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 12:13 pm
thanks OP, just made my order with HD, and had them price beat!
Thanks OP, just did the same.