Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Bosch Colt Router *New Version* GKF125CEK $107.10 after Home Depot PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2019 4:05 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
I have this router. had it for a while and got on a price match similar to this price. It's got plenty of power. I use it for doing edge shaping and what not. very easy to handle. edge guide works well. The PR111 is the plunge base but is not really available anywhere as of yet. they are taking a long time to make it available.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1356 posts
322 upvotes
In before someone asks a lame question about the WiFi range on this router.

As for woodworking routers, I have the ridgid 18v trim router and have been really impressed with the versatility of cordless, and the power this little router has. Regular price is a little higher, but HD regularly clears out ridgid tools and you may get lucky like I did.
Jan 4, 2013
426 posts
145 upvotes
majikstic wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 9:38 pm
In before someone asks a lame question about the WiFi range on this router.

As for woodworking routers, I have the ridgid 18v trim router and have been really impressed with the versatility of cordless, and the power this little router has. Regular price is a little higher, but HD regularly clears out ridgid tools and you may get lucky like I did.
I have been eyeing up and hoping HD would clear it out in the clearance but no luck yet, might end up getting the ryobi since I got the batteries already and a lot of guys seem to like the ryobi one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6692 posts
1255 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Jon Lai wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 12:53 am
Depends how you define that. It's a palm router that can definitely be used for laminates.
Oh I was planning to use for laminate edge banding, does it has a guide?

Also, what's up with cordless routers? Why no one buys them?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3665 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 9:50 am
Oh I was planning to use for laminate edge banding, does it has a guide?
The proper way to do this is covered in pages 9-11 of the assembly instructions that come with your counter top.
Dec 7, 2018
23 posts
19 upvotes
winnipeg
I just price matched one at HD. Now I have to find a use for it!
Jul 24, 2019
8 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks OP! Ordered 1 through HD with price match as well. Time to watch some YouTube videos on how to use it now
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6692 posts
1255 upvotes
Mont-Royal
dirtmover wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:38 pm
The proper way to do this is covered in pages 9-11 of the assembly instructions that come with your counter top.
you mean in the router manual?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3665 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 1:25 am
you mean in the router manual?
No, I mean the instructions that come with the Ikea countertop.
Oct 11, 2005
271 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Awesome, thanks OP!

Also, for anyone using GCR, don't forget to access homedepot.ca through GCR for $2.40 CB. I noticed 1% CB is against original price, not adjusted price, and showed up the next morning in my "Click History". And now I see Ebates.ca also has HD... for some reason that wasn't showing for me yesterday. Ebates.ca shows 2% CB for HD right now, so potentially $4.80 CB...
Oct 11, 2005
271 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary, AB
freewheelin76 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2019 5:19 pm
It's got plenty of power. I use it for doing edge shaping and what not. very easy to handle. edge guide works well. The PR111 is the plunge base but is not really available anywhere as of yet. they are taking a long time to make it available.
Thanks for the mini review!

Bosch's website sends me to the likes of https://federatedtool.com/palm-router-p ... 7e70c092a1 for the PR111, but $140+S/H seems high, and is just shy of their $149.99+ for free shipping. Amazon.ca doesn't have it, but Amazon.com does for $99 USD (for who that can make that work). But yeah, seems availability isn't great. May have to call around and see how much local B&M stores can bring it in for...
Oct 1, 2012
27 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried to contact Home Depot's SMS service to price match.
Unable to price match as the item is out of stock with HD.

I might try to PM at Rona given they have their "We Pay the Taxes for You" event ending today.
If that works, $119.99 would be the final price after taxes but got to run out to a store and test that out.
Not sure if they'll let you PM and take advantage of the event.