• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 1:38 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2014
204 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Home Depot] Boxing Week Deals

Seems like Home Depot isn't putting out a boxing day/week flyer this year. Luckily their website has a landing for all Boxing Day related deals.

Not sure if anything is going to pop up on the 26th, but I personally am feeling underwhelmed with what's on sale.
9 replies
Apr 11, 2003
683 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
This is not new. I remember the last couple of years, the big display section, between the tills and customer service which normally have all sorts of odds and ends or deals, was actually *empty*. Like not 'no great deals', pallets and nothingness. Home Depot just simply doesn't participate.
Dec 12, 2006
43 posts
21 upvotes
Terrace
I'm not sure if I need another Hub Max.
Apr 26, 2019
27 posts
6 upvotes
Was hoping to see a Dewalt hammer drill + impact driver set go on sale. Should have pulled the trigger during black Friday
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28716 posts
9164 upvotes
Wow this is bad, like really bad, not just HD but elsewhere too. Looks like BF is the new BD for Canada. I mean it has been going this way a while but usually you get a lot of the same deals (some with slightly worse pricing) for BD too. This year it's like they're pretending BD doesn't exist? lol.

The Ridgid kit doesn't look bad for $229 but the drill is not hammer and both it and the impact are Gen5X instead of Octane, but that's typical in Canada anyway...
Sep 25, 2019
549 posts
1067 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Wow this is bad, like really bad, not just HD but elsewhere too. Looks like BF is the new BD for Canada. I mean it has been going this way a while but usually you get a lot of the same deals (some with slightly worse pricing) for BD too. This year it's like they're pretending BD doesn't exist? lol.

The Ridgid kit doesn't look bad for $229 but the drill is not hammer and both it and the impact are Gen5X instead of Octane, but that's typical in Canada anyway...
Building materials have gone up in price. We see wood go high and not return to normal.

We also see tools go up too.

With pandemic continue, we think it will not return for years.
Apr 5, 2017
883 posts
641 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Black Friday has been better than Boxing Day for the last 3 years for me at Home Depot. Better off going at certain times of the year I find.

I really want to try a OnePlus line Ryobi weed whacker that uses the 18 OnePlus batteries. I tried to negotiate on the pallet of them I saw at the very top shelf around black friday, but they told me to try them in Feb/March.
Dec 20, 2006
586 posts
49 upvotes
I was in Homedepot Surrey bridge view this morning, there were no sale signs, and nothing actually on sale was even marked(still scanned correctly). I don’t know about all stores but this one for sure isn’t doing anything for Boxing Day.
Apr 26, 2009
90 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
JonD40286 wrote: Was hoping to see a Dewalt hammer drill + impact driver set go on sale. Should have pulled the trigger during black Friday
True.. Been checking Brushless drill/compact driver but BF had better deal than BD. No more BD deals in Canada. Confused FaceConfused Face