Hot Deals

Home Depot

Buy a Select RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Tool Kit, Get a FREE Select 18V ONE+ HP Tool (Online+In-store) YMMV in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2022 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1349 posts
599 upvotes
Victoria
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah this entire promo (this thread) is online only though so it nullifies any possibility of return trick.
Oh. I must have missed where it says online only for this kit & free bare tool promo vs. the other bare tool + free battery promo.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32826 posts
14548 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Oh. I must have missed where it says online only for this kit & free bare tool promo vs. the other bare tool + free battery promo.
Yeah it doesn't seem to say that on the banner/ad but when you go to the website it says it's only for "Standard Shipping Orders" and have to be "added to cart", so don't think there's any other way to fulfill those requirements outside of an online order.

They're kind of crafty with this stuff these days. For someone buying the whole kit and stuff it has no consequence but for anybody else it's a way to block the return hack. In the Charged Up! promo there's select tools that are also online only, some of which are because they don't sell them in stores in Canada (like the Ridgid ratchet), but regardless the net effect is the same--no partial returns on these :|
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1349 posts
599 upvotes
Victoria
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah it doesn't seem to say that on the banner/ad but when you go to the website it says it's only for "Standard Shipping Orders" and have to be "added to cart", so don't think there's any other way to fulfill those requirements outside of an online order.

They're kind of crafty with this stuff these days. For someone buying the whole kit and stuff it has no consequence but for anybody else it's a way to block the return hack. In the Charged Up! promo there's select tools that are also online only, some of which are because they don't sell them in stores in Canada (like the Ridgid ratchet), but regardless the net effect is the same--no partial returns on these :|
I actually don't think this is online only. I've had someone confirm they've bought kit with two 1.5ah batteries + baretool, and then was able to return the baretool.
Nov 11, 2010
210 posts
176 upvotes
Montreal
Some offer by HD! Battery kit unavailable anywhere :(
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32826 posts
14548 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I actually don't think this is online only. I've had someone confirm they've bought kit with two 1.5ah batteries + baretool, and then was able to return the baretool.
Well if you can that's good news; but the website does indicate it's for shipping purchases only:
Home Depot wrote: Promotion Applies to Standard Shipping orders Only

Buy one elegible RYOBI 18V HP Kits: (1001628253), (1001702068), (1001701145),
and get your choice of bare tool FREE.
Browse Eligible Products*.

While quantities last. Limited time only. *Both items must be added to cart to qualify for this offer.
However if it's in-store too, that's good news for ppl looking for HP tools.

Actually with the 2/4/6 kit it's not bad to just keep the whole thing because typically speaking we don't see much for deals that include HP batteries in Canada (and similarly Ridgid Octane/MO batteries). Actually the PSK007 2/4/6 kit doesn't even look like it's available in store, nor is it even available online (for me just says not available), despite being in the promo :facepalm: Fail. Should have known better to think HD Canada would actually have this offered. Actually wait, neither is the P322K brad nailer & 4.0 HP kit LOL. What kind of promo is this exactly HD?
[OP]
Aug 27, 2020
84 posts
363 upvotes
Was able to buy this deal in store. Bought "hammer drill/driver combo" by price matching online order placed when it was 199. Got Leaf Blower and returned it right away. Got drill combo for around 130$
Feb 12, 2004
502 posts
73 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Well if you can that's good news; but the website does indicate it's for shipping purchases only:

However if it's in-store too, that's good news for ppl looking for HP tools.

Actually with the 2/4/6 kit it's not bad to just keep the whole thing because typically speaking we don't see much for deals that include HP batteries in Canada (and similarly Ridgid Octane/MO batteries). Actually the PSK007 2/4/6 kit doesn't even look like it's available in store, nor is it even available online (for me just says not available), despite being in the promo :facepalm: Fail. Should have known better to think HD Canada would actually have this offered. Actually wait, neither is the P322K brad nailer & 4.0 HP kit LOL. What kind of promo is this exactly HD?
I think both battery kit and brad nailer not available (online) everywhere. I am thinking of getting the brad nailer on this deal. Is it a decent deal if it eventually shows up?
Sep 29, 2014
344 posts
415 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Can the Brad nailer be used with finishing nails? I'm looking to build some smallish decorative crate from pine.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32826 posts
14548 upvotes
wheeldeals wrote: I think both battery kit and brad nailer not available (online) everywhere. I am thinking of getting the brad nailer on this deal. Is it a decent deal if it eventually shows up?
I guess it also depends on the price--as it's "Not Available" there isn't even a price listed to say how good a deal it is/isn't.

That said it should still be pretty good because you get the nailer + 4.0 HP + charger + the tool of your choosing. Personally I think the hammer drill (which is the "full" hammer drill, not the compact one), the blower (the most powerful ONE+ blower), or the grinder, are the best choices but of course depends on what wants/needs/doesn't have already. The impact driver at least isn't the compact HP, but it's also not the multi-mode so it's not the top Ryobi impact driver either. The recip is the compact/one-hand version so also not as good a deal if you pick that. I mean of course if you'll never use the grinder and would get much more use out of the compact recip, it's still better to pick the tool you'll actually use; but, it just becomes less of a deal that way.
Oct 10, 2006
206 posts
255 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
ES_Revenge wrote: Personally I think the hammer drill (which is the "full" hammer drill, not the compact one), the blower (the most powerful ONE+ blower), or the grinder, are the best choices but of course depends on what wants/needs/doesn't have already.
The blower in this deal isn't the most powerful 18v one (I own it). There is a whisper series 18v blower that is better. Model P21014BTLVNM

Ryobi pulled a fast one on all of us the last few years selling the HP brushless OPE as the "best" and then released "HP whisper series" this year that is the new top of the range for mowers and blowers regardless if it's 18v or 40v
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32826 posts
14548 upvotes
Ah I see, stand corrected there. But yeah Ryobi releases like 5 new blowers a year and probably have like 20 models active in the lineup across both ONE+ and 40V. So hard to keep track of those, they have some kind of obsession with making more leaf blowers all the time :lol:
Feb 12, 2004
502 posts
73 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: I guess it also depends on the price--as it's "Not Available" there isn't even a price listed to say how good a deal it is/isn't.

That said it should still be pretty good because you get the nailer + 4.0 HP + charger + the tool of your choosing. Personally I think the hammer drill (which is the "full" hammer drill, not the compact one), the blower (the most powerful ONE+ blower), or the grinder, are the best choices but of course depends on what wants/needs/doesn't have already. The impact driver at least isn't the compact HP, but it's also not the multi-mode so it's not the top Ryobi impact driver either. The recip is the compact/one-hand version so also not as good a deal if you pick that. I mean of course if you'll never use the grinder and would get much more use out of the compact recip, it's still better to pick the tool you'll actually use; but, it just becomes less of a deal that way.
If you google the brad nailer (full description: RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless Cordless Brad Nailer Kit with 4.0 Ah HP Battery and Charger), you can see Homedepot.ca listed it out of stock for $298.00. Would it be a decent deal if that is the actual price?
Last edited by wheeldeals on Aug 8th, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32826 posts
14548 upvotes
wheeldeals wrote: If you google the brad nailer, you can see Homedepot.ca listed it out of stock for $298.00. Would it be a decent deal if that is the actual price?
Hmm I never really follow the price of the nailers to begin with TBH (don't know much about nailers myself!) but seems like without the 4.0 HP and charger the reg. price (tool only) is $249. So already $50 more for the HP batt and charger isn't bad. Plus you get the extra HP tool.

If you could use return trick (you can't if online only but let's just say theoretically) then the min. price you could do on it is $178 using the die grinder. I'd say that's pretty darn good, so as long as you want one of the "free" tools, seems like it's a good buy, esp. since you're getting an HP battery.

In comparison to US, the same nailer kit (with the 4.0 HP & charger) is like $240 USD reg. price which is more than the $300 CAD price; but, they do have an alternative option there to buy the bare tool @ $198 US and then you get two free 2.0 HP batteries (but no charger) which could also be returned to lower the bare-tool value. But, as said I never really look at the nailers so I have no idea what the "ATL" type prices have been on either side.

On another note the non-HP brushed brad nailer is in the Charged Up! promo but Ryobi claims the HP model has 60% more power which sounds like a significant difference to me.
May 1, 2008
63 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
bnfenix wrote: Can the Brad nailer be used with finishing nails? I'm looking to build some smallish decorative crate from pine.
No. The brad nailer takes only 18Ga brad nails.
Oct 25, 2017
268 posts
64 upvotes
Kushana wrote: No. The brad nailer takes only 18Ga brad nails.
So it's mainly useful for baseboards right?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10945 posts
5028 upvotes
Vaughan
Damn, already have the compact impact driver as well as a brad nailer, so those two kits are out of the question. Battery kit not available, but not sure if I even need that many batteries.

Could have used the angle grinder or even jig saw.
May 1, 2008
63 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
paulwiser wrote: So it's mainly useful for baseboards right?
IMHO the 18Ga brad is the most general purpose of the DIY nailers. You can do all of your trim with it, but a 23Ga pin nailer is too small for baseboards and a 16Ga finish nailer is too much for everything else. I would say 18Ga is appropriate for anything smaller than a 2x2 that doesn't have extra stress on it.

Of course, if you spend your time framing houses/decks, then the notion of general purpose changes.
Aug 8, 2022
10 posts
7 upvotes
The HP brad nailer kit, and the 6.0, 4.0 & 2.0 Ah battery kit are both new (the battery kit is new to Canada). If you go to the Ryobi Canada site you can find this deal under promotions and you'll see both the brad nailer kit and battery kit are "coming soon" (you can also see their prices, $298 and $279 respectively). It seems they wanted them in this promo but went ahead and started it before they were available.

I'm hoping they'll be available shortly as the new HP 6-1/2 circ saw that was "coming soon" (and still is listed as such) went on sale last Thursday. That said the Ryobi site (both Canada and US) is kind of a mess when it comes to staying up to date. Best bet is to just keep checking the product page on the HD site. At least that's what I'm doing ; ).
Jan 13, 2013
112 posts
115 upvotes
AURORA
KamikazeTj wrote: Was able to buy this deal in store. Bought "hammer drill/driver combo" by price matching online order placed when it was 199. Got Leaf Blower and returned it right away. Got drill combo for around 130$
When you say "returned it right away", do you mean you literally walked to Return Desk right after you purchased it and returned it?

Did you show them the receipt?

How did ya do it?

Please elaborate it if possible ;)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)